It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I referring to fake Christians, the Christians who are hateful and judgmental. There are many of them, I don't feel threatened by them, they just annoy me.

Real Christians do not act this way.

link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Klassified

lol, you are one of them I see

Not likely the Christians of ATS would agree with you on that less than accurate observation. You might want to read my post instead of skimming it, as is the habit in our society today.

edit on 3/8/2016 by Klassified because: clarity

link   
I find most "Christians", as you describe them, do not read the Bible. Instead they listen to what they are told by their pastors.

My mother is one such type. My life is full of sin, and i'm doing wrong, and i need to talk to her pastor.

It's never "The bible says...." it is always "My pastor says...."

Me... I'm what I am, and I have my faith.. "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.."

As far as the "Christians", they're taking the easy road, rather then the one less traveled, and harder to walk.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

perhaps it could, I just only know of this problem with the "Christians" tho.

They are very much like ISIS I suppose.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

lol, they don't hate me, they just hate in general, for example, they don't think gays deserve equal rights then hide behind the bible to justify themselves. Its annoying.

And again I must add...not all Christians are like this. Its a fresh breath to find a Christian who is truly full of love and kindness to all.

Just many ARE judgmental, and that is a sin within itself.

Then you are dealing with someone other than Christians.
Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ, living their life according to his teachings.
He taught that one should love others, not hate them.
If they are hating 'in general' then they are just pretending to be Christians.
They might call themselves Christians, but then again, ISIS calls themselves Muslims and real Muslims deny that they are true Muslims.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Clearly you believe religion (or Christianity only) should be allowed in public schools, pushed onto children?

I'm pretty sure Klassified is non-religious.. I could be grossly mistaken though.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I find it frustrating that the title of your thread refers to Christians in general, rather than the vocal minority of dogmatics that plague the faith.

Just because there are a noisy brigade of fearful, weak, mewling examples of wretchedness walking the world, does not mean that they speak for their faith, or their saviour when they utter their terrified prattle. I am Christian, and yet I seek no dominion over others, nor do I quake in terror when others are given equality with me, equality which is their right in any case. Nor do I tremble when other faiths are protected by the same laws which protect mine, nor do I call for judgement upon sinners. We are all sinners, and none are fit to judge, because judgement and vengeance are under the sole ownership of God.

Just as it is an outrage for Christians to sit in judgement, in defiance of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and his express instructions to us on the matter, it is an outrage that Christians, or for that matter, any demographic what so ever, ought to be referred to as being collectively responsible for the actions, words, and deeds of the least enlightened of their number. It is folly of the most extreme scale, to lump all persons who subscribe to a faith, in with one another. Whether we are speaking of Muslims or atheists, Christians or Hindus, Sikhs or Buddhists, there are those in all walks of life who have the capacity for good, and others who have the capacity to be used by, or fall into service of evil.

Generalising over much, has a tendency to spread fear, distrust, disunity, negativity. It does not cause better understanding on any side, merely more division.

A Christians faith cannot be chipped away, or broken down, or changed or altered. Faith, actual faith, not indoctrination or dogma but FAITH is by definition stronger than every other thing in the universe. Gravity, magnetism, all forces are lesser forces than faith, save for the power of the Almighty Himself. Faith may be tested, but true faith cannot be conquered, not even by death.

Those who utter against their fellow human beings, over differences of religion, sexuality, poltitics and other sundry irrelevances, forget their place in their taking on the mantle of judgement, raising themselves up to be on the shoulders of God, echoing the worst mistakes of Lucifer, forging themselves a path to hell in the doing of it.

We are not all alike, our paths are not all the same, our sins are not identical in nature, although all sin is identical in source. Please, remember that when titling your next thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What should I call them? They are clearly NOT Christians. that's why I put quotations around the word. Little Demons is more suiting.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No doubt that some Christians feel a little insecure, the whole world is changing and mostly it's not for the better

Many of them rely on the Old Testament for inspiration

I don't think your issue is as serious as you make out, many Christians don't attend this site and live normal lives

I think the real issue is yours, your derogatory remark" their sky God" indicates you have the problem with Christians as opposed to your op

What terrifies me is your fear of them and theirs of yours

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I find it frustrating that the title of your thread refers to Christians in general, rather than the vocal minority of dogmatics that plague the faith.

Just because there are a noisy brigade of fearful, weak, mewling examples of wretchedness walking the world, does not mean that they speak for their faith, or their saviour when they utter their terrified prattle. I am Christian, and yet I seek no dominion over others, nor do I quake in terror when others are given equality with me, equality which is their right in any case. Nor do I tremble when other faiths are protected by the same laws which protect mine, nor do I call for judgement upon sinners. We are all sinners, and none are fit to judge, because judgement and vengeance are under the sole ownership of God.

Just as it is an outrage for Christians to sit in judgement, in defiance of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and his express instructions to us on the matter, it is an outrage that Christians, or for that matter, any demographic what so ever, ought to be referred to as being collectively responsible for the actions, words, and deeds of the least enlightened of their number. It is folly of the most extreme scale, to lump all persons who subscribe to a faith, in with one another. Whether we are speaking of Muslims or atheists, Christians or Hindus, Sikhs or Buddhists, there are those in all walks of life who have the capacity for good, and others who have the capacity to be used by, or fall into service of evil.

Generalising over much, has a tendency to spread fear, distrust, disunity, negativity. It does not cause better understanding on any side, merely more division.

A Christians faith cannot be chipped away, or broken down, or changed or altered. Faith, actual faith, not indoctrination or dogma but FAITH is by definition stronger than every other thing in the universe. Gravity, magnetism, all forces are lesser forces than faith, save for the power of the Almighty Himself. Faith may be tested, but true faith cannot be conquered, not even by death.

Those who utter against their fellow human beings, over differences of religion, sexuality, poltitics and other sundry irrelevances, forget their place in their taking on the mantle of judgement, raising themselves up to be on the shoulders of God, echoing the worst mistakes of Lucifer, forging themselves a path to hell in the doing of it.

We are not all alike, our paths are not all the same, our sins are not identical in nature, although all sin is identical in source. Please, remember that when titling your next thread.

Wow, I agree, just don't know what to call them though.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

They are very much like ISIS I suppose.

Your referring to the christian fundamentalist crowd..Right?

They're relatively harmless and passive aggressive. I wouldn't stress about what they do to much,it's frustrating sometimes I know to hear an incredible amount of ignorance to be espoused by such a loud minority of a religion.
Eventually you gotta learn to just tune them out and focus on the majority whom do promote peace and love.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Its not a minority where I live, but soothing to hear someone else say that it is. I hope you are right...over all

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sure it has been said but posting anyway…

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

Because any belief system is based on not disbelieving. The way they get you to buy into the always right philosophy of organized religion, the threat is always believe it (their version of faith) , never doubt (doubt is the devil trying to draw you away from god), or suffer the consequences of eternal anguish in "Hell".

Where else do people willingly believe things they have no proof of and never question the established authority? A broader consideration reveals the land of Disney, Circuses and Zoos, Television "drama", ritual holidays, video games, news propaganda, de-education, etc.

The land of make believe begins at a young age with religious dogma. Very useful to the state later in life.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I would have thought that anyone with true faith would actually prefer their faith not to be linked to the state in any which way possible.

I would wonder if the people you appear to be hinting at would consider their God "a sky god" also.

You are only looking at the fundamentalists who seem hell bent either to keep everyone one out of their faith if Jewish or the other two dessert lots intent to bung them in at any cost. Any of this lot are the unmentionable and ignored by most of sane mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Do real christians have earthly leaders? Can you name them, do you see them on Media and what their message is? I like the christians that come to your door in times of trouble and give hope. Their reward awaits in another place, according to their teacher, Jesus. I will give you a name. The Christian Political Party, because that is where the money goes and power. They are not making it an easier world for the true believers to live in. Just like all religions that rooted in the ME.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I should have added in my first post that religion/spirituality is so wonderful and uplifting that its impossible to hate if you truly have faith...doesn't have to be the same God as you, just believe in something more than you. Then once you reach that point, NOONE can take it away.

Its amazing and I worry for those who are hateful and judgmental then hide behind the bible to justify their hate. They must be so miserable and I don't want them to spread that misery when its so easy and free to let go and have faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I try not to name them as a group.

Suffice to say, there are those who have fooled themselves, and been fooled, into thinking they are walking in the light, when their every step is taken in darkness. Knowing the difference, and being prepared to be nuanced in your approach toward Christians, is just one step that you can take, that anyone can take, in order to have a less polarised and therefore more accurate understanding of these matters.

I do not think that the members of the WBC as was, are easily confused for genuine believers...do you? Do their words and deeds put you in mind of Christ, or something...else?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What should I call them? They are clearly NOT Christians. that's why I put quotations around the word. Little Demons is more suiting.

Call them typical people.
Most everyone has some group that they dislike and find annoying, while others do not find their antics annoying.
I suffer from misophonia and people that chew with their mouths open really annoy me, others don't have a problem with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

They are NOT typical people, I hope the typical person is not so mis-guided and hateful.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't fear them directly, I fear their misery being spread to others. I fear they are ruining Christianity. (they are)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join