It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I just do NOT get it. If you are truly strong in your faith, then nothing...NOTHING can take that away from you.

If you fear the separation of church and state is destroying your religion, then you have a big awakening to be had. I suggest you quit your judgments and hate and look into what Jesus intended for Christians to behave.

Is it, perhaps, that you want EVERYONE to believe in your religion and think it is the one and only? And it bothers you that some people are happy without YOUR sky God? Does that terrify you?

Please explain to me why you feel your religion is threatened? Are people tearing down your churches? Are people persecuting Christians in front of you, are you not allowed to pray in your own home anymore? Did someone steal your bible?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You sound pretty hateful yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It sounds to me like you're making a broad generalization.

However, as a non-religious person it seems like our media, Democrats and liberals in general like to mock and attack Christians. It's made doubly suspicious when liberals constantly defend Islam, downplay Christian persecution by Muslims and lecture about respect for people. I can see how Christians might feel like something is afoot.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Such a simple question, but begs a million answers.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I am not religious at all, but even I can understand the position of a religious person regarding the erosion of faith. It is their belief that humanity exists to serve god, and by that way to attain eternal life in the kingdom of god. Seeing how religion is more and more expunged from society in the west, it must feel to them as if the world were literally dying in their eyes.

The bible is absolutely filled with stories about temptation and corruption and tests of faith, how could they NOT feel threatened?

It is what it is, and you can disregard religion as much as you want, but to not understand why they feel that way I think is disingenuous.

edit on 8-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: Word changing tomfoolery

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm a regular ol' Sunday Mass attending Catholic and I don't feel particularly persecuted.

As Bennyzilla stated, you do seem pretty hateful at the moment. To that end, I'm curious what happened in your life in the hours prior to you creating this thread. You took the time to lash out at Christians... so whats up with that?
edit on 8-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: fix type

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I just do NOT get it. If you are truly strong in your faith, then nothing...NOTHING can take that away from you.

I feel your frustration. But you should know that this has nothing to do with faith, unfortunately, if only it were that easy! There will always be people who want to wrap their intolerance and bigotry in righteousness, claiming that they, and only they, have the correct answer to societies social woes.

It's just that separation of church and state is the popular PC slippery slope of the moment, but even that divisive tactic is just a smoke screen for a bigger, more nefarious agenda. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, the way they play on the fear based emotions of the masses.

No one wins when these forces prevail, especially not the truly faithful Christian, Muslims, Jews, et at.

edit on 8-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It is generalized, I put quotations around "Christians" bc to me, those are not real Christians that feel that way. I know there are true Christians in this world that do not judge and are kind-hearted.

I feel this way bc it is annoying for some people, the "Christians" to push their religion on others and judge if you do not think just like they do, ex. gay rights. Why wouldn't a good hearted true Christian not want equal rights for their fellow brother/sister.

I live in a red state and am faced with ignorant judgmental Christians on a daily basis, I like to say that "I judge the hateful and judgmental". I am actually a very happy person who does not believe in the sky GOD, I believe he is more than just a sky god and I am very happy with my findings, but the fake Christians are just annoying to say the least.

I also just recently heard a speech by Trump that he is not going to allow the government "chip away" at Christianity and I never thought it was.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I am hateful towards the hateful

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Democrats do NOT attack Christians, just dumb Christians feel attacked bc they are not strong in their faith. Many democrats are Christians themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Is it, perhaps, that you want EVERYONE to believe in your religion and think it is the one and only? And it bothers you that some people are happy without YOUR sky God? Does that terrify you?

Reading this part, it almost seems as though you have some fear of people believing in a 'sky god'.
Not sure what there is to fear from someone else believing in something that you profess does not exist.

If you want to fear something, you might want to start worrying about religious groups (please note that I did not specify ONE religious group, but refer to 'groups', not an entire faith) that slay unbelievers... since you bothered to single out Christians in your title.

edit on b000000312016-03-08T08:31:25-06:0008America/ChicagoTue, 08 Mar 2016 08:31:25 -0600800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

its more annoying than terrifying, I wish these "Christians" would become strong in their faith so they are not so hateful and judgmental.

I single out "Christians" bc they are the only ones like this

edit on 8-3-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Feels more like a rant and attack, then a simple question.

Hey OP, more then half the world believe in some God, and are molded from their religion. They also believe it's the only one.

There will be Christians as long as there is a bible. That goes for every religion and their power-tool, books/scriptures.

Hopefully with that revelation you can get over your struggle with Christians

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

its more annoying than terrifying, I wish these "Christians" would become strong in their faith so they are not so hateful and judgmental.

I single out "Christians" bc they are the only ones like this

What does it seem to be in particular that they single you out for, in order to hate you?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

Why is anyone concerned about their rights being chipped away? They have a right to their faith, and they see any limitations on it as an erosion of those rights.

Tell that to the Quakers who suffered under the Puritan theocracy in this country. Tell that to the Muslims murdered because they didn't agree with a different sect of Muslims. Tell that to the witches who were hanged in Salem...............

If you fear the separation of church and state is destroying your religion, then you have a big awakening to be had. I suggest you quit your judgments and hate and look into what Jesus intended for Christians to behave.

What they fear is the erosion of their right to worship their God. They fear persecution of biblical proportions, as their book promises. Most don't realize they have brought that persecution on themselves.

Of course they want everyone to believe as they do, and of course it bothers them that people are happy without Jesus. Just as it does Muslims and Jews. It's part of the faith. For Christians of course, there's the great commission.

Please explain to me why you feel your religion is threatened? Are people tearing down your churches? Are people persecuting Christians in front of you, are you not allowed to pray in your own home anymore? Did someone steal your bible?

Lets see. Gay marriage, Religion being challenged and removed from public institutions, government slowly beginning to take notice of 501C3 abuses, Anti-theist organizations actively battling against the long time privileged Christian class in this country, and its excesses. The list could go on. Obviously they feel threatened.
edit on 3/8/2016 by Klassified because: extra word

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

lol, they don't hate me, they just hate in general, for example, they don't think gays deserve equal rights then hide behind the bible to justify themselves. Its annoying.

And again I must add...not all Christians are like this. Its a fresh breath to find a Christian who is truly full of love and kindness to all.

Just many ARE judgmental, and that is a sin within itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

lol, you are one of them I see

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Couldn't this diatribe be applied to people of all faiths...?
I don't entirely disagree with your OP, I just think if your going to be anti-theistic towards one religion it would be illogical not to apply this to all religions.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Are you referring to the Christian Political Parties or real Christians?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Clearly you believe religion (or Christianity only) should be allowed in public schools, pushed onto children?

You believe Christianity is the one and only? and if someone decides not to believe then they are threatening you and your family?

A gay individual does not deserve the same rights as you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join