It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Secretive Meeting, Tech CEOs And Top Republicans Commiserate, Plot To Stop Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I realize there is already too much Trump exposure here but this is the kind of real life conspiracy news story that seems tailor made for ATS. Regardless of your opinion of Trump, elite globalist billionaires secretly meeting and plotting on how to subvert the democratic process needs as much exposure as possible.

I was a bit surprised to see HuffPo reporting on this.

Billionaires, tech CEOs and top members of the Republican establishment flew to a private island resort off the coast of Georgia this weekend for the American Enterprise Institute's annual World Forum, according to sources familiar with the secretive gathering.

The main topic at the closed-to-the-press confab? How to stop Republican front-runner Donald Trump.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page, Napster creator and Facebook investor Sean Parker, and Tesla Motors and SpaceX honcho Elon Musk all attended. So did Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), political guru Karl Rove, House Speaker Paul Ryan, GOP Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Rob Portman (Ohio) and Ben Sasse (Neb.), who recently made news by saying he "cannot support Donald Trump."

Along with Ryan, the House was represented by Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton (Mich.), Rep. Kevin Brady (Texas) and almost-Speaker Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), sources said, along with leadership figure Cathy McMorris Rodgers (Wash.), Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.), Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (Texas) and Diane Black (Tenn.).

Philip Anschutz, the billionaire GOP donor whose company owns a stake in Sea Island, was also there, along with Democratic Rep. John Delaney, who represents Maryland. Arthur Sulzberger, the publisher of The New York Times, was there, too, a Times spokeswoman confirmed.

"A specter was haunting the World Forum--the specter of Donald Trump," Kristol wrote in an emailed report from the conference, borrowing the opening lines of the Communist Manifesto. "There was much unhappiness about his emergence, a good deal of talk, some of it insightful and thoughtful, about why he's done so well, and many expressions of hope that he would be defeated."

"The key task now, to once again paraphrase Karl Marx, is less to understand Trump than to stop him," Kristol wrote. "In general, there's a little too much hand-wringing, brow-furrowing, and fatalism out there and not quite enough resolving to save the party from nominating or the country electing someone who simply shouldn't be president."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I committed sabotage against the Trump train. It has no brakes. Good luck to them.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If rich powerful people wanted to stop Trump he'd be stopped. I'm sure a simple cardiac arrest would do the trick. He does seem overweight and over stressed all the time.

So whenever rich and powerful people get together it's usually in secret and we don't know for years after the fact. Yet here, comes right out. Suspect.

Fool me once and all that.
edit on 8-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

They were blinded by their own arrogance. Too little too late. The train will not stop.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
So now we have the Trump Train.

US politics is really at this level.

Now boys and girls we are going to consider Choo Choo Trains.

P

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Trump train Whoo! Whoo! You can't stop it. Don't even try.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yay trains

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I ignore 99% of the Trump threads, because I don't trust him... nor do I especially trust Kristol... But this makes me go "hmmmmm."

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hmmm no Ben Carson in that Picture, could that be his running mate?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that the HP knows about the secret meeting and the subject of the secret meeting?

Trump couldn't buy publicity like this or could he?

edit on 28331America/ChicagoTue, 08 Mar 2016 07:28:36 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Lol, why is there an image of the Islamic State Flag in that picture? They hate everyone!!! Might as well have a picture of old age in there as well, you know, for completeness and all.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

Hmmm no Ben Carson in that Picture, could that be his running mate?

When asked to be in the photo, it took Ben over three minutes to utter a response. Before he could finish they made it without him. He then complained about not being given enough time to form a response.

This is B,B,Ben C,C,Carson and I app,p p,prove this messssssage.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A bunch of super rich douches meeting in back rooms and apparently private islands trying to dictate democracy for their benefit is exactly why Trump is winning. I'd rather him burn and salt the entire system then continue handing it over to these twats
edit on 8-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Huff-po.

Not the best source for this kind of news.

It barely touches on Trump and of course it blows it all up.

Sources familiar with the meeting -- who requested anonymity because the forum is off the record -- said that much of the conversation around Trump centered on "how this happened, rather than how are we going to stop him," as one person put it.

Big bunch of babies. lol.

The place sounds kinda nice tho.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
2016: a choice between Donald Trump and Goldman Sachs. .. Edward Snowden.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
twitter.com...

theintercept.com...

edit on 3/8/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
"Secretive" gathering... that everyone knows about. Right. If they wanted to meet in secret they could easily do so.

If the rich and powerful don't want Trump in, that's another endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's funny they met on an island off the coast of Georgia. That's where the richest met secretly in 1913 and created the Federal Reserve which has ruined this country. @ 100 years later a similar group of a few people are planning how to control the direction of our country. History repeats itself.

"The secret meeting on Jekyll Island in Georgia at which the Federal Reserve was conceived; the birth of a banking cartel to protect its members from competition; the strategy of how to convince Congress and the public that this cartel was an agency of the United States government ...were seven men who represented an estimated one-forth of the total wealth of the entire world".
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Was just about to say that the rich and powerful have gathered in that region of Georgia to screw the American people for over a century now.

The creation of the Federal Reserve at nearby Jekyll Island comes immediately to mind. Also a G 8 summit was held there in 2004. For that event there were more police and military than protesters there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join