It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if your candidate wins the popular vote, but is not made President?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm not suggesting that an educated electorate has to have an in depth knowledge of engineering or military strategy etc. Just to have a working knowledge of civics and government as such courses used to be taught in our standard elementary and high school curriculum. In any event we can't just keep things as they are and not try to do a better job at educating the electorate. The status quo means the electoral college forever. We can do better than that and, at the least, we have to try to do better! No one ever said democracy was easy!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
originally posted by: tadaman

tadaman: I cant help but wonder...What happens if Trump or who ever wins the popular vote, and still is not elected president? If our representatives do not vote as their constituents do? I dont want to go into a Trump VS Hillary thing. You guys know my stance on Rump and Satan.

You will know finally; EVIL exists in this world and manipulates those souls IT absolutely owns (bought and payed for). A Trump vs Hillary is the extreme play. Who will win and why?

edit on 10-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Evil does exist in the world and we must constantly fight it and be on guard against it in its many forms!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You are correct like usual. Time to survive, once again.

We are men made into Islands. The ocean as vast as it is may dry up before the big boat sinks.

edit on 3 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No man is an island and we must always strive to seek a better world for ourselves and for our children no matter how difficult it may become.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, Al Gore got the popular vote and was only defeated by cheating in Florida. We're all almost sure of that. What did we do? Nothing. That's what we'll do again.

We need to organize a little bit better.

1 vote makes a difference but not by much and only usually in local elections. I once won a local election by six votes. If seven more people that didn't like me (and there were many more than that) had voted I would have lost.

10 votes is a nice little block. Pretty easy to get that going. 100? We could do that just by messagiing each other on here and making a couple of threads.

1000? Now you have a little bit of power. Imagine if 1000 people who all thought the same way, were all part of one group all voted in a block, and then wrote emails, letters and social media messages everytime there was an issue.

We need some transformational leaders that will lead. Gore didn't fight his election results enough so neither did anyone else. I do believe that trump and Sanders will fight but we never know untill that time comes.

edit on 10-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: kendix1960

Kendix1969: Evil does exist in the world and we must constantly fight it and be on guard against it in its many forms!

Yes, but in this scenario its Evil vs Evil and EVIL wins regardless. Do you not see the ironic humor in this? We cannot fight it; those two will be the candidates, and one of them will get the nomination/a win win because the deck was stacked (its a hustle).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
We can organize all we like; but remain slaves to a systemic manipulation far beyond what is revealed to us (we are the property of others). It is not as if some of us do not have insight to this fact; it is that we are completely powerless to stop it. The name of game is control the masses.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You are correct like usual. Time to survive, once again.
We are men made into Islands. The ocean as vast as it is may dry up before the big boat sinks.

Learn to swim all over again (but be a stronger swimmer); have a life vest, flipper feet, water wings and a safety ring available.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What started like a supposedly honest question sure turned into a vague and accusatory rant aimed at a specific group of people.

Namely, voters.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief
You have that backwards. Delegates/superdelegates do not have to vote with the popular vote. The electoral college can vote as they wish and that was the reference.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that from here the post is aimed at voters.

If your cause is against the establishment and they deny you your champion, what is next?

This is not aimed at the voter who voted for the candidate that was denied the presidency?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just don't vote, but as I see it an imperfect businessman may make the country better. A savvy businessman really wouldn't know when they are being an ass because they only think business, you cant take them personally.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

DutchMasterChief: I am pretty sure that from here the post is aimed at voters.

If your cause is against the establishment and they deny you your champion, what is next?

DutchMasterChief: This is not aimed at the voter who voted for the candidate that was denied the presidency?

The voter is rebelling; and does not want an established "career" politician in office to represent them (samo-samo); they want a change of guard. This has nothing to do with the popular individual cast ballots (rebellious) which mean nothing if delegates/superdelegates of each state vote otherwise. The popular vote is a joke and can legitimately be IGNORED.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So what is your point with this hypothetical scnario and ensuing rant? Are you trying to make people aware that if this hypothetical scenario occurs, that they have to stand up, or are you basically just pointing out that all these people who voted suck because they wouldn't do anything when this hypothetical scenario occurs?

Are those filling their mouths and our collective ears with cliche words like "the blood of patriots and the tree of liberty" and all that crap really true? Or is it all ego to look cool?

Not sure why you are refering to this archetype. Do you have prior experience with people like that in combination with your hypothetical scenario?

I personally think 99% of people are full of crap

You sure want to distance yourself fom the populace it seems. So you are the 1%?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That is speculation on your part about my intentions, is not on topic, and is more of a personal attack on me.

How about staying on topic, since thats why you came here right? To talk about the subject at hand and not me?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

also off topic.

also about me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join