It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best food in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Every time i make spinach-artichoke dip i end up eating every last bit and wishing I had made more. I will use it to top off some grilled chicken, or dip veggies in, or maybe truss up a butterflied chuck roast or a skirt steak with some stuff in the middle of it.

And its so stinking easy to make:

- 1 cup mayo (don't skimp, buy Hellman's or something. DOn't buy Kraft)
- just a touch over 1 cup grated parm. You can use the cheap stuff you get in the green canister (for you "yanks"). Fresh grated is great, but don't go through the extra effort
- 1/2 cup tightly strained spinach, already wilted (frozen works, just warm it till thawed, then squeeze it through a sieve)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts

Just mix them together, dump it into something to bake it in, then bake at 350 until brown/bubbly. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

Is it low calorie? Hell naw.
That's what makes it so lovely. But it IS low carb, for you carb counters like me. So, from that perspective....its HEALTH FOOD!!!

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I figured this would be about some sort of grilled animal flesh but that dip does sound good.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That actually sounds pretty good and I'm not usually a fan of artichoke dip. You are correct though, Kraft is crap! I make my own mayo, which is incredibly simple to make! As for using the canned crap parm, just don't! Get some decent stuff, it's in just about every grocery store these days!

I'm going to make this for Easter this year I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Every time i make spinach-artichoke dip i end up eating every last bit and wishing I had made more. I will use it to top off some grilled chicken, or dip veggies in, or maybe truss up a butterflied chuck roast or a skirt steak with some stuff in the middle of it.

And its so stinking easy to make:

- 1 cup mayo (don't skimp, buy Hellman's or something. DOn't buy Kraft)
- just a touch over 1 cup grated parm. You can use the cheap stuff you get in the green canister (for you "yanks"). Fresh grated is great, but don't go through the extra effort
- 1/2 cup tightly strained spinach, already wilted (frozen works, just warm it till thawed, then squeeze it through a sieve)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts

Just mix them together, dump it into something to bake it in, then bake at 350 until brown/bubbly. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

Is it low calorie? Hell naw.
That's what makes it so lovely. But it IS low carb, for you carb counters like me. So, from that perspective....its HEALTH FOOD!!!

Enjoy!

Sounds great but didn't I read here on ATS about grated Parmesan cheese being partly wood cellulose?

Also, artichoke hearts here in NZ cost a bomb.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow you made me remember my childhood when my parents felt fancy and purchased the green can of parm, lmao the eye of the beholder for you guys is the cheap stuff and for me was like a once in a lifetime fancy experience

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hell ya, the best food is the one you make yourself ! Not that processed fast food garbage. "Eat Fast, Die Young"

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Best food in the world, veggie PIZZA with extra white garlic sauce and loads of artichoke hearts.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

you can omit the artichoke.

Sometimes I put water chestuts in it. I also will put arugula in place of spinach and use chopped asparagus in place of artichoke. But just the spinach is really good.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You can't mean Parmigiano Reggiano. And maybe want to delete that before an Italian gets to see it?

*scnr*

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Great recipe

top topics

join