It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out Texas: Severe outbreak and torrential flooding on it's way.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Not a problem, and i completely understand stay safe, so after this morning our attention turns to the afternoon so we are not in the clear at all today.

Something i wanted to discuss is the Bowing segments which appear like a backwards C on radar

this line is intensifying as it cycles and progressing north east as you can see it begins to bow outward where significant wind damage is possible, and brief tornadic spin ups on the leading edge are possible as well. Once the first line moves through the severe threat will decrease, and mainly just rain. After this mornings activity a lull will occur this is what i am watching closely, to see if clouds give way to sunshine and also any boundaries left over from this mornings storms.

If thunderstorms can initiate this afternoon, once again a very severe outbreak may occur, stay safe y'all

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm in the Austin area, and there was a tornado warning in Lampasas county which is a half hour or so away from me. We should be fine until later tonight, when they expect some pretty serious storms to come our way. We never usually get it as bad as the Dallas area though.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Frisco about to pick up 7 inches of rain in one hour? Crap. I think I'm going to hang around home for a little bit.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
After the foot and a half we got in a flash flood about 8 years ago I'm not really phased by freak weather. Last year we had another foot plus I recall diverting all over dfw while trying to get work done.

I was in the bathroom playing chess on the smartphone 3x in one nite December due to tornado warnings. Never experienced one up close though.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Kevin Saunders is in the thick of it right now. These storm chasers are a little insane.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

NWS- severe thunderstorm warning for you and I, looking at radar you should be getting severe winds, stay safe

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
TXC085-081545-
/O.NEW.KFWD.SV.W.0013.160308T1451Z-160308T1545Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX
851 AM CST TUE MAR 8 2016

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
COLLIN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 945 AM CST

* AT 849 AM CST...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE
EXTENDING FROM NEAR DENTON TO IRVING...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.
THESE STORMS HAVE PRODUCED WIND DAMAGE AND FREQUENT WIND GUSTS
BETWEEN 65 AND 70 MPH.

HAZARD...65 MPH WIND GUSTS AND PENNY SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...SIDING...AND TREES.

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...
FRISCO AROUND 900 AM CST.
PLANO AROUND 905 AM CST.
MCKINNEY...MURPHY...PROSPER...CELINA AND PARKER AROUND 910 AM CST.
ALLEN...WYLIE...FAIRVIEW AND LUCAS AROUND 915 AM CST.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THESE STORMS HAVE HAD A HISTORY OF PRODUCING WIND DAMAGE. SEEK
SHELTER NOW INSIDE A STURDY STRUCTURE AND STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

INTENSE THUNDERSTORM LINES CAN PRODUCE BRIEF TORNADOES AND WIDESPREAD
SIGNIFICANT WIND DAMAGE. ALTHOUGH A TORNADO IS NOT IMMEDIATELY
LIKELY...IT IS BEST TO MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR
OF A BUILDING. THESE STORMS MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY AND SIGNIFICANT
PROPERTY DAMAGE.

&&

LAT...LON 3340 9639 3334 9638 3335 9630 3298 9630
3299 9684 3340 9684
TIME...MOT...LOC 1449Z 232DEG 44KT 3320 9703 3298 9692 3270 9687

HAIL...0.75IN
WIND...60MPH

$$

DUNN

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Frisco about to get hit. Winds picking up and tv went out. Holy crap!! It's howling out and I can hear my outdoor console table dragging around on balcony.

Power is out!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Worried about you! Keep us posted

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

stay safe, report back please once this line moves through im in Wylie its almost to me, as i said the storms are bowing which represents a significant straight line wind threat. I hope you are alright

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm alright but it's still going. Heard hail and there's a lot thumping and banging going on outside. I'm up on third floor facing south and west.

It's looking really green outside. Anything new on tv? No tornadoes? I'm posting from phone

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Rotation about 5 miles north of me in Prosper area. No tornado yet! (Tv and power is back on)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

How are you doing, TechniX? Did it hit you yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

im alright i got some video outside of the squall line winds, took some limbs down and small hail but nothing to bad. Ill upload shortly. Just to remind you we are not in the clear yet this afternoon could potentially make this look like paradise.
glad to hear you are ok

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Minor hail here didn't sound too large, came on real strong, real quick... flashed over maybe 20 minutes or so. I hear the cars sloshing it all around, and the thunder, but the bulk seems to have passed.
edit on 8-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Not much damage but there are roof tiles in the street. That must've been the sounds I heard.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yea this is what it looked like at my house, as stated it wasn't very much. This afternoon i might go chasing out west where dry line initiation of storms might occur, assuming i can make the time, here's a video from my front door.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Also notice behind this complex of storms clear skys follow, this is NOT good as heating will occur and almost guarantee dryline initiation with atmospheric instability at incredible rates. Stay tuned we will wait and see.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, I can see blue sky to the west on the back edge of this system here in Oklahoma. If the sun comes out, it will heat things up. Might get humid.
edit on 3/8/2016 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Watching this area for further development as per NWS

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's been reasonably quiet today in the southern part of the state. A line of storms has built in west Texas from the south to the north. Looking real nasty out west. Can't help but believe they will roll across the state tonight.

Everyone here in the state, take care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join