It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peeple Has Arrived On Your Mobile Device!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Damn you Harry. I just finished editing a thread I made regarding the release of this app and here you are getting paid to produce one. There is currently no incentive to produce our own content AND pay a subscription so I hope things change to facilitate the creation of content from some of our own ATS alumni.

We’re trying to grow Disinfo.com to the point where our contributors may be able to earn a percentage of the ad revenue their posts generate.

disinfo.com...

I find the pay for "truth" idea to be one of their biggest flaws. There is no truth to an accusation, especially from egotistical people who think their opinion matters. Not a good way to get to know someone and an even worse way to cast someone aside.

edit on 7-3-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
But ...I GOT OUT of highschool for a reason.
F##k this.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Damn you Harry. I just finished editing a thread I made regarding the release of this app and here you are getting paid to produce one. There is currently no incentive to produce our own content AND pay a subscription so I hope things change to facilitate the creation of content from some of our own ATS alumni.

We’re trying to grow Disinfo.com to the point where our contributors may be able to earn a percentage of the ad revenue their posts generate.

disinfo.com...

I find the pay for "truth" idea to be one of their biggest flaws. There is no truth in an accusation, and the value of one's character can only quantified in the minds of those who are willing to believe what they are reading. Not really a good way to get to know someone.

I don't get paid.. yet :-) Though I have been talks with the editor-in-chief and he says there are plans in the near future. Why don't you submit to disinfo rather than complain about it?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
My sentiment is just do not sign up for this app and you have nothing to worry about since no one can rate you unless you register and accept the rating.

Its just a matter of time until they allow users to create profiles for people who havent signed up.

Kind of like yelp but for people instead of businesses.

Those of us who dont want to appear on sites like theirs will be told that "we dont control/censor user comments".

Then we will be forced to hire a lawyer and sue, assuming we can afford one.

Just do a search for yelp lawsuits.

With regards to the name "peeple", voyeuristic by design.

Creepy.

edit on 7-3-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

It's the sound of a large herd of lawyers running to check out Peeple for possible defamation lawsuits.

Ha !

The new ambulance chasers... 21st century style.

Priceless !

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Its just a matter of time until they allow users to create profiles for people who havent signed up.

I doubt it since signing up is most likely the way they are looking to indemnify themselves from law suits on what people will claim are bogus or unfair reviews.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

First of all, I don't believe this is the thread for your airing of petty grievances. However, while I have you circling the wagons here waiting for a reply.

From my understanding Disinfo.com is the beginning of the citizen collaborative journalism project set out by Skeptic Overlord. I also read that thread and submitted my resume. Did you not submit one?

What exactly is the future of ATS? A puppy mill for original ideas and gauging trends while some guy in an in-law apartment generates content designed to capitalize on our furor, thus generating an increase in ad revenue?

I know the team is working really hard to bring something new and exciting to the table. What my understanding is the team is trying to leverage the insane research capacity of ATS...

Seems like you're making a lot of assumptions... "in-law apartment?" really?

I think things need to be more transparent when investments have clearly been made outside of ATS that indirectly seem to need our $upport.

Joe, the editor-in-chief at disinfo, has been really open and honest with myself and the other contributors. He's made sure to give us whatever assistance we need. I honestly don't think the guy ever sleeps. However, what you're demanding seems rather childish honestly...

I've only answered these questions because I've felt them somewhat relevant. I ask if you want to continue this conversation, we do so in another thread in via U2U. We're already at incredibly risk of drifting "my thread" from the original discussion. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

Wow.... This sucks. I'm going to be worth billions of theoretical dollars if my character is currency...

My job is to give people things, they always are thankful and thrilled after they talk to me.

Mad at first but happy after.

Not so good for so many of my associates who's jobs are to say no.....

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Peeple might be a prototype for displaying the on rating people publicly(later helping law enforcement) in all facets of their life. Data collection also has the means to kick it off.

The new way police are surveilling you: Calculating your threat ‘score’

FRESNO, Calif. — While officers raced to a recent 911 call about a man threatening his ex-girlfriend, a police operator in headquarters consulted software that scored the suspect’s potential for violence the way a bank might run a credit report.

The program scoured billions of data points, including arrest reports, property records, commercial databases, deep Web searches and the man’s social- media postings. It calculated his threat level as the highest of three color-coded scores: a bright red warning.

Source

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am using Peeple for some time and I am totally in love with it! Thank you so very much for this app. And I would not trust haters before trying the app yourself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join