It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maria Sharapova Announces That She Failed Doping Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So she got busted for caffeine. Big deal. I'm not a tennis fan, but I think it's a crock anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
She says she used it legally for ten years until it was banned last Januari under another name she was not familiar with. She says she wasn't aware that it was banned.

She seemed honest. I am inclined to believe her because it seem unlikely they would have risked this outcome on purpose.
edit on 7-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: ReadLeader

For those who may be unfamiliar with this evil-doer, here's a pic of the vile beast
:

I tell ya...you can tell just by looking at her that something is amiss!

On a serious note, where can I get some Mildronate. Sounds awesome. I bet sales are rising now that it's well-known as effective enough to be banned by Tennis.

Great time to go shuck my corn.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Meow!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
man it must be stressfull to be a sports person,alain baxter the scottish skier also got stripped of a medal for taking a vicks spray that had different ingredients in usa than one in uk and lost an olympic medal,is that fair really when you would think the same product would contain the same ingredients?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I really was looking up something different and 3 google pages in I ran across this (really!)

I want people to know that for 10 years Maria took this substance, which was recommended to her by her doctor after he did an extensive battery of tests to determine what medical conditions were causing her to be sick on a frequent basis,” Sharapova’s attorney John Haggerty told Sports Illustrated. “He found that she had abnormal EKG readings, that she had some diabetes indicators and when he coupled that with a family medical history of those issues, as well as low magnesium and some immune deficiencies...

Link: refinery29.com Here's why Maria Sharapova Failed a Drug Test

So it was health related from years ago for a chronic condition that led the doctor to prescribe her that medication (according to the attorney).

Who would have thunk that reading about graphene and flow batteries would turn up a link to this story (probably because it has the word "refinery" in it--that is my guess). I am not a believer in coincidence so I had to share!
edit on 8-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: coherence

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think that this whole case is a matter of "much ado about nothing." But unfortunately it's a "nothing" with huge consequences for Sharapova. I'm inclined to believe her version of events. After all, taking a drug that's on that list of banned substances always poses certain risks, right? So why would anyone take such a risk with something that hardly has any performance enhancing effects? If you're willing to take that risk you would at least do it with something that produces the desired effect, right?

Plus - and this is from a post of Maria's on Facebook page:

"On December 18, I received an email with the subject line “Player News” on it. It contained a newsletter on a website that contained tons of information about travel, upcoming tournaments, rankings, statistics, bulletin board notices, happy birthday wishes, and yes, anti-doping information. On that email, if a player wanted to find the specific facts about medicine added to the anti-doping list, it was necessary to open the “Player News” email, read through about a dozen unrelated links, find the “Player Zone” link, enter a password, enter a username, read a home screen with more than three dozen different links covering multiple topics, find the “2016 Changes to Tennis Anti-Doping Program and Information” link, click on it and then read a page with approximately three dozen more links covering multiple anti-doping matters. Then you had to click the correct link, open it up, scroll down to page two and that’s where you would find a different name for the medication I was taking.
In other words, in order to be aware of this “warning”, you had to open an email with a subject line having nothing to do with anti-doping, click on a webpage, enter a password, enter a username, hunt, click, hunt, click, hunt, click, scroll and read. I guess some in the media can call that a warning. I think most people would call it too hard to find."

That almost sounds like wada setting it up so that athletes wouldn't find that content about Meldonium. And it seems to have worked. Last I heard 99 athletes from all kinds of sports have already been caught for taking this product. If they had just send an email to everyone headlined, "Warning: Meldonium banned in 2016" they probably would have had none. Just a bit of scumbaggery on the part of wada imo.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join