It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Has Rally Goers Swear Their Vote

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

When the candidate says we should kill innocent family members of terrorists.... how much hyperbole is a responsible voter to ignore? When told this would be a war crime and his response is, if I tell them to do it, believe me they will. What do you say to that?

So is murder of innocent families one of those "campaign promises" you shouldn't trust and just vote for the guy anyway? And who takes responsibility for the vote when he stands by his word?

Don't you see, if you take the idea of a presidential candidate seriously, some statements can be deal breakers.

edit on 10-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: RadioRobert

When the candidate says we should kill innocent family members of terrorists.... how much hyperbole is a responsible voter to ignore? When told this would be a war crime and his response is, if I tell them to do it, believe me they will. What do you say to that?

So is murder of innocent families one of those "campaign promises" you shouldn't trust and just vote for the guy anyway? And who takes responsibility for the vote when he stands by his word?

Don't you see, if you take the idea of a presidential candidate seriously, some statements can be deal breakers.

Trump has talked about the family members knowing information and not doing anything to stop a terrorist attack, then covering up or protecting afterwards. Only some of course. Lets be honest, he is not talking about innocent distant cousins here - well at least that is my take. In fact as part of this he specifically referenced the family of Osama Bin Laden who were protected and flown out of the country by George Bush instead of being questioned. I think that, along with the mother who was protecting the San Bernadino murderes. is what has so enraged Trump and is driving what he is saying.

Part of Trump's issue is that he won't give specifics - his supporters then assume his intent is good and his detractors assume he is evil incarnate. You have yourself used hyperbole in this respect. You have tried to paint a picture of an innocent person being murdered for something they had no involvement in. I dont think Trump has ever said that and I dont think that is what he means.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump's quote:

“We’re fighting a very politically correct war,” Trump observed. “And the other thing with the terrorists — you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don’t kid yourselves. They say they don’t care about their lives. But you have to take out their families.”

I have said many times I don't think he is evil. I think he's horribly ignorant. But when he says this kind of thing or that he's going to bring back waterboard and a lot worse. When he says he'll open up the libel laws so he can sue media that says anything negative about him.

I don't need to project hyperbole. This isnt healthcare equals death panels. Its all his words, his rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump's quote:

“We’re fighting a very politically correct war,” Trump observed. “And the other thing with the terrorists — you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don’t kid yourselves. They say they don’t care about their lives. But you have to take out their families.”

I have said many times I don't think he is evil. I think he's horribly ignorant. But when he says this kind of thing or that he's going to bring back waterboard and a lot worse. When he says he'll open up the libel laws so he can sue media that says anything negative about him.

I don't need to project hyperbole. This isnt healthcare equals death panels. Its all his words, his rhetoric.

You need to use more than a sound bite from a debate answer I think.
I truly do not believe Trump is talking about assassinating relatives.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A lots of diversity in the rally.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join