It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Has Rally Goers Swear Their Vote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
You can still address my point that his entire political ideology changed over night right before an election..NO? Embarrassed of that fact?

I can address it in the same manner I'd address stepping in a pile of dog crap: disdainfully.
www.politifact.com...
He didn't change his political ideology at all, he changed his party affiliations YEARS AGO, probably because he's smart enough to vote individuals and issues rather than party affiliation (unlike many of us, myself included).

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Do you accept the challenge?

No, no I don't. I don't give a rat's ass about the man's past positions. I believe him today and I support his message today. If that faith has been misplaced and he's lied to us all, fine with that, too. I hope it lights a fire under Conservative America and we finally burn this whore of Babylon right to the ground in response.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In all, Trump has contributed to 96 candidates running for federal political office since the 1990 election cycle, the Center finds. Only 48 of the recipients — exactly half — were Republicans at the time they received their contribution, including ex-Gov. Charlie Crist (I-Fla.) and ex-Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.), who both of whom received their Trump contributions as Republicans.

Since the 1990 election cycle, the top 10 recipients of Trump’s political contributions number six Democrats and four Republicans. Embattled Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.), who was censured last year by his U.S. House colleagues, has received the most Trump money, totaling $24,750. The most recent contribution from Trump to Rangel was a $10,000 gift during the 2006 election cycle.

The top Republican recipient of Trump’s money is Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) who has collected $13,600 from the billionaire magnate, the second most of any politician. Trump did not contribute to McCain during the 2010 election cycle, during which the former presidential candidate was facing re-election.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has received the fourth-largest amount of Trump’s contributions, including $4,800 in the successful 2010 campaign against Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle. In total Trump has contributed $10,400 to Reid.

patriotupdate.com...

EDIT TO ADD:

Now you dont CARE about his past? So NOW he is cool.

Ok.

I GUESS I WAS RIGHT,, ONLY YOU SUDDENLY DONT CARE!!, Nice. Real smart way to choose a leader.

he will put a fire under our ass alright.

edit on 3 7 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I guess the important question is, "Are YOU a Conservative or Liberal?". and if you are not a Conservative then why aren't you supporting Trump?

Just going by your logic.......

Trump truly does deserve a Nobel prize. He not only has the Progressives going bat snip crazy, but he will surely destroy the archaic GOP platform! Not to forget? He did you guys who support political correctness a HUGE favor by allowing those on the Right who complained about Political Correctness to show the left just how much alike they are when it comes to destroying the 1st amendment!
edit on 7-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If you listened to my logic you would know I support unaffiliated under dogs with no political debt.

Butt hey, lets forget that my point has been proven and that you guys are avoiding addressing the FACT that MAYBE you have a catfish.

Its about me though, NOT the freaking presidential candidate we will have for the next 4-8 years.

YOU, Responsible populace deserving of a democracy they preserve with integrity and watchful eyes.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

SO WHAT!?!?!

Ronald Reagan was an FDR campaigner and supporter. Phil Gramm, Rick Perry, Mike Gravel... all started their political careers as staunch Democrats. Colin Powell endorsed Obama 7 years ago!

Again, worry about the here and now because livin in the past is only going to make you stare at your own ass as your experiences pass you by, ya?

ETA (since I see you added a bit): Look at *where* Trump's primary investments are located, geographically, and then look at where his top contribution recipients are located. Anyone who knows beans about business recognizes that business investments sadly transcend partisanship. You grease the palms in the best positions to advantage your position and holdings. Harry Reid, from Nevada... got a lot of money shifted to Nevada for projects and programs... Trump's Vegas presence financially benefitted from this. A Jr legislator would have directed a fraction of the funding to Nevada as a high ranking official like Reid did.

Do I like this game? Hell no! Do I blame the players or do I blame the broken system? Well, I'd be a hypocrite to blame the players, because I'd be doing just what they've done and made money hand over fist if I had that chance.
edit on 7-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes indeed. The past is irrelevant. Only the bright future and the PROMISE a presidential candidate is making count.

SURE.

Do you guys not see this?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

First, Trump spoke of those Mexico was sending across our borders. The same thing has happened before, when Cuba dumped its prisons toward our shores. Link

So, what Trump was talking about, was a subset of illegal immigrants from Mexico - not all mexicans, and not mexicans here legally.

He said they were criminals, rapists, drug dealers, and some, he assumes, are good people, [that Mexico was dumping toward our borders.]

So, he spoke of this being a mixed bag and did not accuse all of even this subset of illegals - but a majority are, and statistics proves this to be true.

So what you have, is not a swath of people of a certain race or country being called out, but a subset of a subset being called this. To say he said ALL mexicans, is not to understand either history, or language.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Um, so because Trump doesn't blame Jewish people he doesn't sound like Hitler?

That's a really, really simplistic way to view it.

Replace "Jew" with "Mexican". It's called adopting the style of the speeches.

Sheesh, you don't have to recite them word for word. Using the techniques and gaining insight from what worked is enough.

By this measure you must find the Democrats and left of this country pretty Hitler like, since they spend a great deal of their time blaming "white people" for all problems. Yes?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just realized. I am not going to change anyone's mind. You will always elect the Obamas and Bushes of the world until we dont have a democracy anymore. Then you will talk about the blood of patriots and the tree of liberty and be completely and entirely full of crap. You cant bother to vote with integrity and watchful eyes for our republic.

Good luck to you all.

Dont bitch afterwards.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Seriously?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Did you just learn this?

Lol

EDIT TO ADD:
See people, what we have here is a typical pivot during an election where after getting the extreme base on your side you change tactics near the end to garner some moderate votes.

Now he is Mr Diversity and Tolerance.

I thought the truth was not shy?

Expect him to change his tune once elected to reflect his YEARS of leftist sentiment just like now.

I didn't think there would be anything you could find. That's because I don't think he has never said any minority group are racists. Obviously I know that story and I heard his exact quote. I cant see anywhere where he said all Mexican immigrants were rapists, or all Mexicans.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Enjoy the semantics. I hope it serves you well when electing your own countries leadership.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Let's set a table here.
Do you believe Trump will push for the Wall and immigration law enforcement?
Do you believe Trump will push his tax plan?
Do you believe Trump would try to place a moratorium on immigration from Islamic countries if an attack happened on his watch?
Do you believe Trump will attack programs of wastefullness such as welfare spending, foreign aid, and fighting other nations' battles for them?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I dont care. This conversation is not honest.

What ever.

Blood of patriots and all that crap void of real meaning beyond token BS at election cycles.

You deserved Bush, You deserve Obama, and now deserve Trump, or Hillary or Bernie.

You dont preserve a democracy, so you dont deserve the one you inherited.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Um, so because Trump doesn't blame Jewish people he doesn't sound like Hitler?

That's a really, really simplistic way to view it.

Replace "Jew" with "Mexican". It's called adopting the style of the speeches.

Sheesh, you don't have to recite them word for word. Using the techniques and gaining insight from what worked is enough.

Come on man, you must be joking.

Trump does not hate Jews - in fact he has been honoured by the Jewish community. You ignore that and say its too simplistic to then say he is not like Hitler.

Then you claim he is like Hitler because he asks people to put their hands up at a rally?

All I can say is that yours and my view of a simplistic argument are vastly different.
edit on 7/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I dont care. This conversation is not honest.

What ever.

Blood of patriots and all that crap void of real meaning beyond token BS at election cycles.

You deserved Bush, You deserve Obama, and now deserve Trump, or Hillary or Bernie.

You dont preserve a democracy, so you dont deserve the one you inherited.

Good luck.

With due respect, I think the argument is factual and honest.

I am still open to being wrong here though and if one instance comes to light where trump has taken a minority group and labelled them negatively then I will condemn him for it. (that is assuming that we all agree that terrorists, rapists and drug dealers are not counted as minority groups that should not be attacked)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Are you really that blind to history? Are you willfully not understanding Trump's initial statement?

Seriously?

Do you just want someone to be angry with?

www.nccivitas.org...

“Not all illegal aliens are crossing into the United States to find work. Law enforcement officials indicate that there are individuals coming across the border who are forced to leave their home countries because of criminal activities. These dangerous criminals are fleeing the law in other countries and seeking refuge in the United States.”
Majority Staff Report of the House Committee on Homeland Security

Illegal Immigrants: Drugs, Gangs and Crime

Paramilitary groups trading fire with U.S. agents. Kidnappings and murders of U.S. citizens. Members of al-Qaida, Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations infiltrating the border on a routine basis. We are not talking about Iraq – but Texas. One of the clearest indicators the United States has lost control of its southwest border is the ease with which thousands of tons of drugs and millions of illegal aliens are crossing the U.S. border on an annual basis. This open borders policy has opened the door to more than just cheap labor. The presence of millions of undocumented persons in our country has provided a perfect cover for various forms of criminal activity, ranging from drug trafficking to prostitution to identity theft.

^^^ That is the government stating this, not people!

“The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:

Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;

Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;

Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;

Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.”

* “From 1998 to 2007, 816,000 criminal aliens were removed from the United States because of a criminal charge or conviction. This is equal to about one-fifth of the nation’s total jail and prison population. These figures do not include those removed for the lesser offense of living or working in the country illegally. The removal and deportation of large numbers of criminal aliens may reduce immigrant incarceration rates because many will not return and re-offend, as is the case with many native-born criminals.”

* “The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons in fiscal year 2010 was about 55,000, and the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails was about 296,000 in fiscal year 2009 (the most recent data available), and the majority were from Mexico.

^^^ government statistics!

Trump said: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. …They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

When Mexico sends its people - he is accusing Mexico of doing what Cuba did in 1980, with illegal aliens. He is not talking about all mexicans, he is talking about illegals that are being sent over our border.

SO, illegals are a subset of mexicans, not all mexicans. Then he said that there are some good people too - so the criminal element is a subset of a subset of illegals being sent by Mexico.

I can only imagine you are an intelligent human being, so I am treating you as if you are one. Knowledge of history tells you what he was talking about.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is a video from another thread.

Compare the absolute outrage at the David Duke situation with Trump and the 'hands up at a conference' narrative we are now hearing with this regarding Ted Cruz:

Now challenge yourself to at least ask why the above is not seen on your TV screens over and over again. This is especially true when ON CNN, Cruz did NOT disavow this man and actually turned up and spoke at the conference to speak with this man and shake his hand!

Here is what he said on CNN (i couldn't spot where he said he disavowed and didn't want this mans support!!!)

Asked Tapper: “Given what you’ve said about liberal intolerance, aren’t you in some ways endorsing conservative intolerance?”

Cruz had this to say:

“Listen I don’t know what this gentleman has said and what he hasn’t said. I know that when it comes to religious liberty, this is a passion of mine that has been a passion of mine for decades. And that I have been fighting for religious liberty for everyone…for Christians, for Jews, for Muslims, for every one of us to practice our faith…”

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Cruz was the SNIT on his Ivy League Speech and debate team! Look it up if you think I am lying.

I have actually been to a tent revival in the sticks where Ted Cruz could easily make a living convincing people salvation is based upon their ability to pry open their wallets to show the Lord they have faith?

We have people on ATS who were speech and debate folk! They will never admit it, but pay attention!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Cruz was the SNIT on his Ivy League Speech and debate team! Look it up if you think I am lying.

I have actually been to a tent revival in the sticks where Ted Cruz could easily make a living convincing people salvation is based upon their ability to pry open their wallets to show the Lord they have faith?

We have people on ATS who were speech and debate folk! They will never admit it, but pay attention!

I am still waiting for the hourly calls for Cruz to disavow and answer WHY he shook this right wing nutjob's hand. He spoke to Jake Tapper, the same guy Trump did, and gave the same answer. "I don't know this guy'. The hypocrisy is crazy to behold.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join