It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Fight: Why Nate Diaz Beat Champion Connor McGregor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
When you write, all I see is a confused dude who thinks it's cool to load up his body with estrogen compounds from meat, lower his testosterone levels, give himself erectile dysfunction, clog his arteries, and dramatically increase his risk of cancer.

You're like suicidal person who doesn't even know they are suicidal.

My cholesterol is 125, my blood pressure is 115/68, my triglycerides are low, I exercise daily and I a look damn good with my shirt off. But I thank you for your misplaced concern. Try worrying about yourself and your compulsion to interject your veganism into topics that do not warrant it and I will eat my balanced diet which includes tasty animals.

Yeah, you'll thank me for the info 30 years from now.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

In 30 years I will not give a crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

There's plenty of vitamins in those saturated fats.
A study conducted by the Institute of Social Medicine and Epidemiology concluded that not eating meat is also more likely to result in depression.
From my own research I've also discovered proponents of militant veganism are statistically more likely to be beaten to death, ridiculed or shunned and the probability rises exponentially as this behavior increases.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

In 30 years I will not give a crap.

Yeah, we'll see about that.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

There's plenty of vitamins in those saturated fats.
A study conducted by the Institute of Social Medicine and Epidemiology concluded that not eating meat is also more likely to result in depression.
From my own research I've also discovered proponents of militant veganism are statistically more likely to be beaten to death, ridiculed or shunned and the probability rises exponentially as this behavior increases.

Yeah, I've looked those studies.

They can't prove cause and effect when it comes to depression and vegetarianism with those epidemiological studies. What we do know is that many plant foods are rich in serotonin, and can boost serotonin levels. We also know that there is a correlation between depression and the clogging of arteries that run to the brain. And we also know that metabolic syndromes are correlated with depression. So people who are depressed may seek out a vegetarian diet for relief, leading to a disproportionate amount of depressed vegetarians.

Randomized control trials that can tease out cause and effect paint a very different picture compared to the epidemiological studies:

edit on 3/9/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
Yeah, we'll see about that.

I will make sure I update you since you seemed very concerned about taking other people's inventory.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

From my own research I've also discovered proponents of militant veganism are statistically more likely to be beaten to death...

No!!!! Not possible.

*ding dong*

'Hi, my name is Jerk Nugget and I want to speak to you about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Just give me a sec to put these cross fit pamphlets aside and I would be happy to pontificate about your unhealthy lifesty...hey, what are you doing with that baseball bat?'

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

From my own research I've also discovered proponents of militant veganism are statistically more likely to be beaten to death...

No!!!! Not possible.

*ding dong*

'Hi, my name is Jerk Nugget and I want to speak to you about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Just give me a sec to put these cross fit pamphlets aside and I would be happy to pontificate about your unhealthy lifesty...hey, what are you doing with that baseball bat?'

I think of it more like, "hey, why are you walking around with a loaded gun pointed at your head dude? That's really dangerous and you could end up killing yourself."

I have a moral obligation to say something to prevent people from hurting themselves. While you might not be getting anything out of this conversation, I guarantee there are lurkers here who will.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Seems to me you are not paying attention Dr. Zucchini, my health is very good. My parents taught me the value of a balanced and healthy diet when I was young and it has worked well this far. You are free to be a food extremist but I prefer moderation since I have self control.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Seems to me you are not paying attention Dr. Zucchini, my health is very good. My parents taught me the value of a balanced and healthy diet when I was young and it has worked well this far. You are free to be a food extremist but I prefer moderation since I have self control.

You keep saying "balanced" as if this somehow magically imparts positive effects to meat. I'm sure you probably know someone who is in perfect health but smokes a pack a day too. Should we "balance" our lives by smoking at least a half pack a day?

I would say that walking up to a cow, taking out a knife and slitting its throat, then carving up its dead body and consuming its flesh is an extreme form of behavior. I would say that sucking off a cows tit is an extreme behavior. I would say eating a product that came out of a chickens vagina is an extreme behavior. In fact, the number one sign of psychopathy in children is harming animals.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good thing our ancestors were not loony vegans, otherwise we would not even have been having this conversation.

edit on 9-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Good thing our ancestors were not loony vegans, otherwise we would not even have been having this conversation.

This myth has been perpetuated ad nauseam.

COOKING played a role in our brain development, not meat consumption.

This video covers some of the anthropological studies that have been done on the subject:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I would say that sucking off a cows tit is an extreme behavior. I would say eating a product that came out of a chickens vagina is an extreme behavior. In fact, the number one sign of psychopathy in children is harming animals.

youre really scraping the bottom the barrel now.
what is it with vegans and their insistance on imposing their bizarre logic on others?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

I would say that sucking off a cows tit is an extreme behavior. I would say eating a product that came out of a chickens vagina is an extreme behavior. In fact, the number one sign of psychopathy in children is harming animals.

youre really scraping the bottom the barrel now.
what is it with vegans and their insistance on imposing their bizarre logic on others?

In China, they eat dogs.

Would you consider that bizzare behavior? because it's perfectly rational to them.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

He looks like he'd have an apoplexy if he had to pick up the pink Kettlebell in the gym.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

In China, they eat dogs.

were did that come from?
most normal people wouldnt say that.

by your logic, your veganism is to blame.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd post pictures of cows having their necks slit open, but I'd get banned for posting graphic content.

Interesting how posting a steak is fine, but posting a slit neck is an offence.

Scientists have a term for that, it's called "cognitive dissonance."

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You keep saying "balanced" as if this somehow magically imparts positive effects to meat. I'm sure you probably know someone who is in perfect health but smokes a pack a day too. Should we "balance" our lives by smoking at least a half pack a day?

You do realize this applies to you and your premise to right?

Diaz won because he wasn't bulking, got a few good hits and has a superior ground game.

You keep using Connor's words as an argument, they're not and don't even line up with your point.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join