It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Fight: Why Nate Diaz Beat Champion Connor McGregor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

You do not even need to be one of those to avoid being obese or contracting diabetes.

By your logic, you don't need to be a non-smoker to avoid getting lung cancer either. However, I'm not talking about avoiding, I'm talking about reversing. As far as I'm aware, there are no studies that exist showing people who eat a meat based diet are able to reverse their diabetes through diet alone. However, several studies have been done that show a reversal of diabetes through a plant based diet.

The evidence is conclusive, meat and refined foods contribute to the progression of dyslipidemia, which leads to the accumulation of intramyocellular lipids, which precipitates insulin resistance and beta cell degeneration, which eventually leads to a diagnosis of diabetes.

So yeah, you kind of do need to avoid meat to avoid getting diabetes, in the same way you need to avoid cigarettes to avoid getting lung cancer.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Crossfit?

ROFLMAO

They should just call it Bad Form. It's just a fad for making money.

It's kinda like those gun guys who get all "tactical" seriously.

Must be on Tumblr too.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And as for the actual OP, Correlation equals causation?

Since when?

Baaad science.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

If connor is cutting 18 lbs or more and walks around at 170 then chances are he is most often sparring at 165-170. He doesn't cut his weight until right before the fight. So the majority of his camps and off time sparring is 165-170.

The ego problem I am talking about isn't his arrogance in fighting it was his laziness in preparation because he thought he was more than he is. A guy say like money mayweather is always trash talking but showed up prepared with a strategy every time. One beyound "I will just punch him as hard as I can".

Nate had no training camp and came in from partying in cabo and whooped McGregor. It would be normal for a guy who is intelligent as a fighter to start slow if he was not in good shape.

I like connor his style is fantastic. He is pretty high level at bjj even its just Diaz is a world class bjj guy. He doesn't have the footwork MC g has but if you watch his footwork it's basic boxing and he let his legs take the sting off Connors shots. He fights more in an old bare knuckles style which works well in mma because of the small gloves (don't break your hand like soany do) and the stance isn't quite as wide which would get his legs hmmered even worse than usual.

I love the Diaz brothers. I usually hate thugs but I think they just had crappy lives for real and actually didn't want to be thugs so they got involved in a healthy way to get in fights. I think Nick has asbergers.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Crossfit?

ROFLMAO

They should just call it Bad Form. It's just a fad for making money.

It's kinda like those gun guys who get all "tactical" seriously.

Must be on Tumblr too.

Crossfit is annoying. It has its place if you are a fighter or athlete mixed in with proper form but you can get the same results with Tabata workouts or cardio circuit training.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
As far as I'm aware, there are no studies that exist showing people who eat a meat based diet are able to reverse their diabetes through diet alone.

There are plenty of studies that show a balanced diet can help reverse Type II diabetes. Stop making things ups.

Being an irritating vegan is not a requirement of reducing/reversing the affects of Type II diabetes.

edit on 9-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I would never do crossfit to prep for a fight. It's far too prone to injuries. Pretty stupid fad really.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

As far as I'm aware, there are no studies that exist showing people who eat a meat based diet are able to reverse their diabetes through diet alone.

There are plenty of studies that show a balanced diet can help reverse Type II diabetes. Stop making things ups.

Being an irritating vegan is not a requirement of reducing/reversing the affects of Type II diabetes.

Yeah, you can eat meat and get off medication, if you "exercised for 175 minutes a week, limited their calories to 1,200 to 1,800 per day, and got weekly counseling and education on these lifestyle changes."

So it's the severe calorie restriction that reverses diabetes in that case. By virtue of the caloric restriction, meat consumption must necessarily be dramatically reduced. So it's still the lack of meat and saturated fat that causes the reversal. Not many people can maintain 1800 calories a day for an extended period of time.

The addition of exercise also helps burn the fat within the muscle tissue that is at the root cause of insulin resistance. This fat wouldn't get there to begin with if dyslipidemia was prevented through diet. Obviously the leading causes of dyslipidemia are saturated fat, cholesterol and refined carbohydrates.

For example, in this study, participants reversed diabetes without any caloric restriction at all by simply cutting out animal and processed foods. They actually did better than the conventional ADA prescribed diet, which limits caloric intake to 1800 calories a day.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So you can either starve and exercise like a maniac or eat a plant based diet.

edit on 3/9/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I wouldn't either but many do. It teaches you to keep going and push your limits and to work in that state. Basic training is a similar form.

Trust me I was in a gym with cross fit classes I know what you are talking about. I was a Tabata guy when I competed. Mostly because I wanted to spend most of my time on skill training. I was an am a grappling nerd. I even have done Mongolian wrestling, Cornish, belt wrestling, anything I could find that had real application. I did pretty well until my body started falling apart. I have crushed discs in my neck (competing in Russia), and my shoulders are pretty much done even after getting scoped. I have loose joints which isn't good for durability.

Cross fit makes my body hurt just thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah, you can eat meat and get off medication, if you "exercised for 175 minutes a week, limited their calories to 1,200 to 1,800 per day, and got weekly counseling and education on these lifestyle changes."

Well I guess if people just stuck with a healthy, balanced diet to begin with they would not end up with diabetes and required to practice this sort of diet.

Or resort to the culinary barbarity of veganism.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well I guess if people just stuck with a healthy, balanced diet to begin with they would not end up with diabetes and required to practice this sort of diet.

Or resort to the culinary barbarity of veganism.

When was the last time you ate a raw unseasoned piece of meat? Meat tastes like crap. People have to cover it in plant based sauces or salt to make it taste good. Meat is the height of culinary barbarity.

It's interesting to note that GQ just named a vegan burger as the best tasting burger in the world.

www.gq.com...

When you skip the meat and just use plants, you get all the flavor without any of the crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

When was the last time you ate a raw unseasoned piece of meat? Meat tastes like crap. People have to cover it in plant based sauces or salt to make it taste good. Meat is the height of culinary barbarity.

I do not. Salt and pepper is the most I need. And I love tartar.

It's interesting to note that GQ just named a vegan burger as the best tasting burger in the world.

Good for the panty waists at GQ.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I do not. Salt and pepper is the most I need. And I love tartar.

Good for the panty waists at GQ.

High loads of saturated fat have been shown to reduce testosterone levels and impair erectile function.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

High loads of saturated fat have been shown to reduce testosterone levels and impair erectile function.

Look at you, all concerned for my junk, how nice of you. Not an issue though, thanks for asking.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Look at you, all concerned for my junk, how nice of you. Not an issue though, thanks for asking.

Just trying to stop you from ending up a pantywaist.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No worries, I already make sure I avoid the soy-tofu gloop burgers.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

No worries, I already make sure I avoid the soy-tofu gloop burgers.

If you're worried about estrogen, you should avoid milk and meat products. Pregnant cow baby juice is overflowing with the stuff, and meat products also contain a significant amount. Eggs are chicken periods, so it goes without saying they are also loaded with the stuff.

On the other hand, soy based phytoestrogens have been shown to have a protective effect against cancers and have no impact on the male reproductive system.

edit on 3/9/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If you're worried about estrogen, you should avoid milk and meat products.

I do not drink milk nor buy factory farmed meat. All my tasty animals come from local producers.

You don't quit, huh? Like some overly zealous door to door Jesus fanatic. Just for you I went on the raw diet for dinner just now, I ordered oysters on the half shell, tuna tartar and beef carpaccio. Yum, yum.

edit on 9-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If you're worried about estrogen, you should avoid milk and meat products.

I do not drink milk nor buy factory farmed meat. All my tasty animals come from local producers.

You don't quit, huh? Like some overly zealous door to door Jesus fanatic. Just for you I want on the raw diet for dinner just now, I ordered oysters on the half shell, tuna tartar and beef carpaccio. Yum, yum.

When you write, all I see is a confused dude who thinks it's cool to load up his body with estrogen compounds from meat, lower his testosterone levels, give himself erectile dysfunction, clog his arteries, and dramatically increase his risk of cancer.

You're like suicidal person who doesn't even know they are suicidal.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

When you write, all I see is a confused dude who thinks it's cool to load up his body with estrogen compounds from meat, lower his testosterone levels, give himself erectile dysfunction, clog his arteries, and dramatically increase his risk of cancer.

You're like suicidal person who doesn't even know they are suicidal.

My cholesterol is 125, my blood pressure is 115/68, my triglycerides are low, I exercise daily and I a look damn good with my shirt off. But I thank you for your misplaced concern. Try worrying about yourself and your compulsion to interject your veganism into topics that do not warrant it and I will eat my balanced diet which includes tasty animals.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join