It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military spending millions to make cyborgs a reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Washington (CNN)The U.S. military is spending millions on an advanced implant that would allow a human brain to communicate directly with computers.
If it succeeds, cyborgs will be a reality.
The goal of the proposed implant is to "open the channel between the human brain and modern electronics"
us.cnn.com...

The purposed implants are hoped to become a conjoined system to be intertwined with the well underway exoskeleton suits already in development. The military has high hopes for cyborg iron men and it looks like it's going to happen...

I can't help but be reminded of Corso and the roswell incident..

Where the headbands bodysuits and entities were an integrated system with each other as well as with the craft...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Interesting read Star. This is what is amusing to me

A spokesman for DARPA told CNN that the program is not intended for military applications.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Corso was a huckster.

We interact with our computer driven devices all day long. I'm typing this on a keyboard interface.
I drive, do laundry, talk on the phone and watch TV.

The need to do these things is implanted in my brain already.

Passing on surgically implanting remote controls directly into my brain. I want to get away from the gizmo-topia world, not embrace it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

DARPA has high hopes that such implants would aid injured or impaired solders in continued operational capacity...
So that guy seems to be making contradictory statements...

Others seem to think it's just a waste of taxpayers money...

And then of course I'm sure a morality card will be played on a spiritual level...

Others will contend this is old technology...
I know someone that once told me... "when you read a science fiction book or see a science fiction movie the best parts are based on reality"...

I can see such technology having numerous uses especially for military and space applications...
It's a scary thought but man may even need such tech in the workforce in order to merely keep up with machines...

edit on 7-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If that impresses you then you should check out the DARPA site.

I can't help but be reminded of Corso and the roswell incident..

How has Corso got anything do with-Oh no.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I believed I stated the relevance of the integrated systems of the occupants thier gear and the craft...
Perhaps I should have used more words to expound on the United systems occupants and craft being linked as one....
Just so you could understand...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Great....guitless killing..

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I don't follow that sentiment...how so?

There are already a lot of guiltless killing machines who feel nothing for the perceived enemy,who even laugh as dogs feed on thier corpses.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Are we talking about the Same Corso?

The Same Phillip Corso who claimed that the explosion of technological advancement was due to retro engineering alien technology? The same Phillip Corso that lived to see Moore's law be proven all but right? The same Phillip Corso that attributed mankinds greatest technological achievements of the last century to something that may or not be a crashed alien craft?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

No we are talking about the military admitting to spending millions of dollars to advance implants for the mind as direct link to computers and the possibile integration of other technologies...
I don't care if you don't like Corso...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

No we are talking about the military admitting to spending millions of dollars to advance implants for the mind as direct link to computers and the possibile integration of other technologies...
I don't care if you don't like Corso...

DARPA have plenty of 'out there' ideas that Johnny Everyman would call 'science fiction.' Saying that DARPA and company don't spend a truckload of money on projects is like telling someone that the sky isn't blue.

But then you mentioned Corso-and that's where you lost me.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The relevance is how he spoke of the integrated capabilities of the occupants thier suits and headbands and the craft...

This technology the implants... will be combined with existing technology such as the exoskeleton suits in development
Hand held weapons as well as all others planes tanks etc...

Understand?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Another capability this technology would implement would be a hive mind for units...

able to dictate strategy and coordinate all changes in scenarios in real time regardless of positioning and without the need of verbal comunication with a full understanding of commands...
Imagine the awareness and response times...
This would be linked with all available tech for missions no need to translate targets and call in strikes etc...
no confusion... full situational awareness...
edit on 7-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Please Contribute to the previously posted thread located

HERE

Closing Duplicate

Semper

new topics

top topics

join