It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diary of a Self-realized lunatic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Dear Diary,

I quitt my job as a Guru. Too much work....too little payment. Actually no payment at all.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a psychiatrist. I let her give me a diagnosis. Maybe manic-depressive. I indeed suffer from delusions of grandeur. Well...I don't really suffer. I enjoy it. Haven'd had a depression for years. I think that's done. Being manic only is awesome!

My students, friends and devotees are all saved anyway. My work is done. They have been saved from birth on already, but you never know what's gonna happen therefore I always incarnate together with them. That's the rule. You don't let them come here without their guru taking on a form down here also...in this shabby little universe in which the demons run amok.

Now I can completely relax. Tomorrow I have a shrink who will give me some meds and that was it. The guru-buisnes isn't what it was before. It's the most sh!tty job one can possibly imagine. Although...it also is the most satisfying one. But hard work for no payment isn't on vogue anymore.

I just stop being too old-school. It doesn't pay the bills.

I'm thinking about becomming a hollywood screen-play writer. Do they pay those?

I should have said yes some decades ago as I got the offer to become an under-wear model. But I was young and needed the education, so I said no.

Good night.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Willingly because: Shalom!

edit on 7-3-2016 by Willingly because: Don't you eat the yellow snow...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

There was this guy once, he was born a native of Hawaii. One day they came around and said you are going to go to school. Why, he asked. So you can learn to speak english. Why? So you can learn to read. Why?

So you can go to school, get an education, get a degree, find a job, have a career, earn lots of money, buy a house with a two car garage and two cars…

He decided to learn to surf instead, and now he teaches Howlies how to surf. He's a surfing guru, but leaves out the guru part, mostly.

Teach something besides being a guru, its pays more.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The term "guru" means something like: taking away the burden of not knowing oneself.

A guru, a real guru, not some new-age sharlatan, does not only teach some stuff. A real guru's teaching and presence delivers self-knowlegde and removes the fear of death in the student/friend/devotee. That's not a real job. And anybody who makes money with religous/spiritual teachings is not a guru but a snake-oil salesman.

And I indeed do have a real profession that once payed my bills. I used to be a tv-news production manager.

Religious professionals, in my eyes, are all sharlatans. They sell something they don't have. Compared to them a hooker is honest. She or he don't sell love. Because that's impossible. They just sell sex. But reigious professionals, all of them, IMHO, are less honest than hookers.

I guess you get my point.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Guru-- an influential teacher or popular expert.

In Karate Kid he taught the boy to work and paint and wash cars before he ever began imparting Karate or wisdom.

If a 'guru', you don't set out to preach others wisdom. You wait for people to come to you to learn something and maybe, if you're lucky, you get to set an example. If really lucky, you find the odd person that actually wants to know more and then you can mentor them.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In Karate Kid he taught the boy to work and paint and wash cars before he ever began imparting Karate or wisdom.

Yeah, the good old (chan-master) guru trick. You make it hard for the student, then you release the pressure and the student will get it. But just because the student wasn't ready. If someone is ripe and ready, as I was as I encountered the teaching of my guru, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, one can be done without slaving for the guru first.

If a 'guru', you don't set out to preach others wisdom. You wait for people to come to you to learn something and maybe, if you're lucky, you get to set an example. If really lucky, you find the odd person that actually wants to know more and then you can mentor them.

I'm not a guru anyway. I'm a story-teller....soon to be labeled (by an "expert") a proper lunatic, who stopped "working for the yankee dollar".

edit on 7-3-2016 by Willingly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm not a guru anyway. I'm a story-teller….soon to be labeled (by an "expert") a proper lunatic, who stopped working "for the yankee dollar".

Oh, good for you.

new topics

top topics

join