It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Dead, 2 Injured in Shooting at Business in Western Sydney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I thought it was worthy of posting. Not too long ago there was a thread with some of our Aussi members discussing violence or lack thereof in Australia.

The discussion involved the U.S. adapting Australlia's gun laws. Anyway, looks like this thug decided to wipe out a few before taking his own life....

SYDNEY (AP) — A man who police say fatally shot one person and wounded two others inside a western Sydney business was found dead inside the building after a six-hour standoff Monday that brought the area to a standstill.

Heavily armed police moved into the sign-making business after spending hours positioned around the factory in an industrial area of Ingleburn, a suburb 40 kilometers (25 miles) southwest of Sydney. Once inside, they found a 33-year-old man dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, said New South Wales police Detective Inspector Mark Brett.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

R.I.P. to those victims, a sad loss of life. It seems the perpetrator was a biker who had issues with this family.

Sydney Morning Herald Story

I am not sure were else you want to go with this story, perhaps trying to say Australia has a gun problem in spite of its sensible gun laws?

I disagree, so do the statistics on gun crime.

Edit: Australian gun crime stats from 1989-2012

edit on 7-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: added stats page

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Right after first ever realised interview of Martin Bryant

Just tragicly mental these people

DISAGREE with your gun comparison that's even more tragic

edit on 7-3-2016 by 7devilsinurheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If you want to know about Australian crime, take a look at the Chopper books. Mark Brandon Read spent half his life in jail and the other half involved in the Aussie underworld.
There's at least ten books and a movie
Its not all beaches and barbies over there. His writing style isn't too polished but its readable and funny. I'm not sure if he's looked at as a minor celeb in Aus or if they don't like him.
He does explain a lot about the various factions working in major crime and its worth reading for that element alone.

Anyway, its sad for the victims.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Tulpa because: but....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 7devilsinurheart

a reply to: Jonjonj

Ughm. I did not advise a comparison on guns in Australia, nor did I give statistics. I simply commented on a thread, some time ago between members who were Aussie's who where discussing gun violence in Australia & how little there seems to be compared to other countries. Just FYI

Thanks for posting tho...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

With the Martin Bryant interview they talked about how the prime minister banned rifle guns

It worked 98% end of story to statistic comparison

Problem is USA doesn't have the luxury of buying guns out even illegal ones so the way Aussies did it it's not going to work for USA no further comment

I am used to reasonable posts from you .. It's just the way it's written I know what it will be turned into

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 7devilsinurheart

Thanks Devil!

I appreciate you posting!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

lol, Chopper was like a cult legend over here back in the day... the movie was very popular too, Chopper was played by Eric Bana... just blows your mind to see how well he played Chopper, especially if you only know Bana from the usual soft quite characters he plays in the big hollywood productions his been involved in.

Though, a lot of people think Chopper was full of crap and was just a jail rat with a big mouth.

Anyway, there's obviously plenty of crime in Australia and lots of illegal guns in circulation (the majority being guns that weren't handed in or registered after the 96 buy back) , Western Sydney has a particularly large problem with gun violence... I don't think anyone's ever claimed any different.

The point is, Australia's gun problem pales in comparison, compared to the US... guns are also far more expensive on the black market and usually far less sophisticated in general (like old non-semi-auto shot guns, for example).

The fact that a incident like this is actually news worthy on a national level, in a place like Western Sydney, which is the closest place Australia has that could come close to being compared to the US style urban slums, should speak volumes about how much worse gun violence is in the US...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah I got all the books and the movie.
I read the first one in one go. Then started buying up the rest.
I used him as a good example of an Aussie who probably won't get a guest spot on Neighbours.
A quick search for Chopper should've given a flavour of that scene.
We get a very warped view of Australia in the UK.

Cheers for the pic but do me a favour and don't show me any Aussie spiders!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
I thought it was worthy of posting. Not too long ago there was a thread with some of our Aussi members discussing violence or lack thereof in Australia.

The discussion involved the U.S. adapting Australlia's gun laws. Anyway, looks like this thug decided to wipe out a few before taking his own life....

SYDNEY (AP) — A man who police say fatally shot one person and wounded two others inside a western Sydney business was found dead inside the building after a six-hour standoff Monday that brought the area to a standstill.

Heavily armed police moved into the sign-making business after spending hours positioned around the factory in an industrial area of Ingleburn, a suburb 40 kilometers (25 miles) southwest of Sydney. Once inside, they found a 33-year-old man dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, said New South Wales police Detective Inspector Mark Brett.

L I N K

Betcha this will sold to the public as a TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! attack, bottom dollar.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Nahh.
Hate to say it but its "just a shooting". Not enough information to make anything out of it.
I once stumbled across a multiple murder case in Aus with tons of victims.
Bikies.
Bikers we call them.
Two bike gangs bumped into each other, guns were pulled.
There were loads of pictures of the scene posted on a certain web site.
Not too pleasant.
No one ever mentioned terrorism. But I can't recall how long ago it was. Judging by the aforementioned Chopper books, I'd say there's usually a few people on the cops list before they get down to T on this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nah, it's been made fairly clear though the media that it was simply a bloke that happened to have bikie connections, who just lost his s# over a business dispute.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Nahh.
Hate to say it but its "just a shooting". Not enough information to make anything out of it.
I once stumbled across a multiple murder case in Aus with tons of victims.
Bikies.
Bikers we call them.
Two bike gangs bumped into each other, guns were pulled.
There were loads of pictures of the scene posted on a certain web site.
Not too pleasant.
No one ever mentioned terrorism. But I can't recall how long ago it was. Judging by the aforementioned Chopper books, I'd say there's usually a few people on the cops list before they get down to T on this one.

That was before 911 hence the absence of the word terrorisim.

Incidentlfy there a bloke in charge of the cops there at the time who also just happened to be connected to the police response at another similar incident some years later.

This bloke was also present at the events that occurred in a place called Pt Authur in Tazmainia in 1996 where 2? something people died. A local bloke with an intellectual age of 13 years who had no known military training and was only known to have fired 2 rounds out of 2 guns he brought, pleaded guility to the shooting so he could get a TV in his cell.

His "lawyer' was banned from practicing law in 2006 or 8 whatever, for the way he treated his cleint. The lawyer was working for the persecution.

I could go on but I'm ranting and getting off topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Nah, it's been made fairly clear though the media that it was simply a bloke that happened to have bikie connections, who just lost his s# over a business dispute.

Glad to be wrong in a way, thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Finks n Rebels

Enough said

Riouz

top topics

join