It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who is a reputable Fantasy D&D type that like reading Books.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So who is a reputable Fantasy D&D type that like reading Books.

Yeah didn't know how to put that. I have a story im writing that I wouldn't mind someone running their eyes over it.

Who would be the best user?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Are you talking about a 'choose your own adventure?'

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
D&D is my jam!

I think he may be talking about a campaign setting like Dragonlance, Eberron, or Forgotten Realms.

May take me a bit to read it but, Ive been playing D&D off and on since 1991/92

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Or like Adventure Game Books - Jackson & Livingstone.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When you say D&D, are you talking about high fantasy settings in general?

I've read about 800+ books spanning the genres of high fantasy, fantasy, urban fantasy, historical fantasy, science fiction (I own most of them, too). I am also a professional proofreader and a bit of an editor.

I have also spent quite a few years with tabletop RPGs as a hobby. I spent time in high fantasy settings, but I never really liked the D&D rules. They were just too crunchy for me. I always felt like I should be searching for a die roll and set of modifiers if I simply wanted my character to even fart. In short, I felt the rules often got in the way of the flow of the game and resented having the action interrupted for the inevitable 20-minute modifier hunts that often took place.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I always felt like I should be searching for a die roll and set of modifiers if I simply wanted my character to even fart.

FWIW

Roll a 20 add charisma negative modifiers. Roll of 5+ wins, all characters within 10' radius must make Contitution save vs. Paralyzation

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Are you talking cannon Greyhawk, or forgotten realms type, or are we talking pre / post war of the twins Rastlin's accession Krynn, some spell jammer / plainswalker / gamma world mumbo jumble, or my personal favorite The Lands of the Mist Ravenloft...

Or are we talking generic watered down Mysteria...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Always had a soft spot for Dark Sun.

No one wants to play Al Qadim these days....
edit on 372016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Ugh the only campaign where rolling 3 characters at the start was a requirement because 2 were fated to die...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A story with a main unavoidable quest, threaded by multiple mini-quests that have all got a part to play in the main story would be interesting to read.

Especially if the hero character can only complete the main quest by helping other characters along the way. These other characters then create a well balanced D&D party that is adequately equipped to complete the overall mission.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Click my sig banner,

I was trying to get an ATS PBP (play by post) but it never got off the ground.

*sigh*

Currently running a homebrew villainous fantasy but we haven't been playing much lately.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Click my sig banner,

I was trying to get an ATS PBP (play by post) but it never got off the ground.

*sigh*

Currently running a homebrew villainous fantasy but we haven't been playing much lately.

I'm not the OP, but thanks for the link to the TTRPG thread. I run a Pathfinder and a Fate Core game every week, and am also running a pbp on a (much tamer than this one) forum for a D&D podcast i listen to.

Funny that despite my name, not much of it's about aliens.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

always felt like I should be searching for a die roll and set of modifiers if I simply wanted my character to even fart.

Fart used to be a big part of the game.

top topics

join