It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders - 'When You're White You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Poor'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If he stopped using his credit like a drunken sailor at a strip club.

Maybe he wouldn't be so 'poor'.
edit on 7-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Most people who are in debt hate the ones they're in debt to.

The trick is to realize why you are in debt in the first and place, but many don't and simply blame the person who sends them the bills every month.

Ultimately, the problem with his statement isn't that he really thinks there aren't any poor white people. It's that he encourages poor people in other racial groups to think that they have some kind of mythical different experience than poor white people which is a total crock. Poor is poor.
edit on 7-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm sorry, Berney...

I don't? Really?

All those times I sat at my desk wondering which bill/bills was safe to skip this month was what, a figment of my imagination?

What the hell does the color of my skin have to do with being poor? I've been poor my entire life.

You couldn't have put your foot further into your mouth had you set out to do it deliberately.

Wasn't going to vote for you anyway, so you didn't harm your chances with me any... But other people, maybe you just cost yourself some votes.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How do Central Americans have anything to do with what Sander's said about white people?

Because they already have a get out of jail free card. Now it's time to create one for the AA's.

Eventually we will come to a point where the only criminals are us white folks.

It has already begun with Sanders comments in the clip, and his comments on his own website.

Much like gun owners are ALL Responsible for the actions of the few.

White folks are ALL responsible for actions they don't do.

Funny how they sing a different tune when it comes to 'Muslims' a religion that has centuries of blatant RACISM, and INEQUALITY, and a horrible track record on women's RIGHTS, and gay RIGHTS.

edit on 7-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I am not finished, I posted what Berney is worth, not his wife, it seems that the littler lady is the one with the mula

... [former publisher of Campaigns & Elections Magazine James] O’Brien has analyzed the financial status of Sanders and his wife, including their financial disclosure report, and has concluded they have a net worth in the range of $1.2 to $1.5 million, not the $700,000 or less that is usually reported by the media. (snip)

… his wife, Jane O’Meara Sanders, left her position as president of Burlington College under controversial circumstances and is now being accused of federal bank fraud. She left her position at the college and was given a severance package known as a “golden parachute” that also benefited Senator Sanders’ personal wealth.

Soo, together they are worth, 1,2 to 1.5 million dollars

Isn't that peachy

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seriously? Not one person read the full transcript of his remark or wants to talk about what he actually said? This is so typical lol It's like if he had said:

"...and I also want to talk to you today about the way white people suck the despair right out of society."

The first thing an ATS conservative would do would be to create a new thread titled: BERNIE SANDERS SAID WHITE PEOPLE SUCK!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
On Super Tuesday 85% of the Democrat 'Black Vote' went to Hillary...15% went to Bernie.
According to Bernie, white people may not know what it's like to be poor...but black people who (also according to Sanders) DO know what it's like to be poor, obviously think Hillary Clinton will do a better job than he will.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So a rich old white guy crying about poor.

I liken Sanders comment up to Clinton's' 'Dirt Poor'. Faux pas.

link   

Federal bank fraud, eh?

Huh... That puts an entirely different light on the old Berney, doesn't it?

Color me surprised, a candidate with skeletons in his, or his family's, closet...actually, I'm not surprised.

link   

That might explain why she manages all their money separately.

1.) Let's him safeguard his status

2.) Let's him preserve his plausible deniability if she is found guilty.

3.) Keeps him from squandering her money!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
On Super Tuesday 85% of the Democrat 'Black Vote' went to Hillary...15% went to Bernie.
According to Bernie, white people may not know what it's like to be poor...but black people who (also according to Sanders) DO know what it's like to be poor, obviously think Hillary Clinton will do a better job than he will.

And the Clintons are worth over $100 million!

Just WOW.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Seriously? Not one person read the full transcript of his remark or wants to talk about what he actually said? This is so typical lol It's like if he had said:

"...and I also want to talk to you today about the way white people suck the despair right out of society."

The first thing an ATS conservative would do would be to create a new thread titled: BERNIE SANDERS SAID WHITE PEOPLE SUCK!

This is why his statement would be labeled a "gaff." It doesn't matter what else he said. It's what people heard that will count.

If everyone else who heard that debate reacted that way a lot of us did, and even Bernie supporters admitted it sounded bad, then it is a gaff.

You can argue for putting it into context all you want, but what is said cannot be unsaid or said in another way.

Face it ... it could be new "binders full of women" moment, but that wasn't lethal and this may not be either. And what resonates here doesn't always resonate with the rest of the world either. This is peculiar echo chamber.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Poor Sanders is not soo poor after all, beside that is also the allegations of fraud against his wife.

Brady C. Toensing, a partner with the law firm of diGenova & Toensing, has filed a legal complaint with federal authorities requesting an investigation into apparent federal bank fraud committed by Ms. Sanders. His complaint was sent to Eric S. Miller, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Vermont, and Fred W. Gibson, Jr., Acting Inspector General with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

O’Brien says that Sanders’ financial disclosure forms are incomplete. “For someone who doesn’t care about money, he goes a long way to cover up his true net worth,” he says. “Bernie does not disclose the value of real estate holdings. He can. He is not required to, but he could if he chose. It is known that he and/or his wife own at least two homes—one with rental income in Vermont and one near Capitol Hill where the median home value is $722,000.”

www.americanthinker.com...

Then is another scandal that the littler lady have been able to keep hidden when it comes to dumping none paying insurance patients from the University of Chicago Hospital when she was working at the University.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

He'll also get a nice book advance from a publisher to sell a $19.95 tome to each of his supporters after the election.
I'm guessing a couple of million $$$, right there.
edit on 7-3-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well usually for political figures this can be in their best interest, but not when is a possibility of been call on fraud, at least Sanders is not the one in the hot burner but his wife.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Poor Sanders is not soo poor after all, beside that is also the allegations of fraud against his wife.

I never thought he was.

They don't stay in Washington for decades without learning to cover up tracks.

I just wonder how many offshore bank accounts that dynamic duo has.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Undoubtedly it was a gaff. A rather large one, were the campaigns closer in this race.

It's a gaff that I think reflects his actual attitude, or at least closer to it, then all his public personas do.

But that's just me, probably.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

He better have none, as he proposed a bill to stop off shore bank accounts for corporations in 2015.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Good question. Not as many as the Clintons, I'm sure...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join