It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders - 'When You're White You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Poor'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: neo96
If i had a nickle every time a left winger told me how 'smart' they supposedly are.

I never said how smart I am. But you just displayed another level of your ignorance. And frankly, you do it a lot. A nickle would get expensive fast.

I could always take a page from your book, and go around calling Sanders supports ignorant.

No wait.

I don't have too. I actually have points instead of ad homenim's.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

If you people want to know about poverty come to the place in America full of white people that people from 3rd world nations say is worse than any 3rd world nation they have ever been to, as far as poverty is concerned.

There is no spin to what he said, that is not insulting to me. You cannot spin doctor such an ignorant statement.

But here's the difference, we want JOBS.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

I did plenty of activism during the 70s when I was in college, it was the "right thing" to do back then, we were young, fully energized and ready to rule the world, in this time an age we are now the dinosaurs.

New generations has been brainwashed that the 60s and 70s were and oddity and far away from social norm.

Will I do the same I did back in the 70s, hell not, no for the same reasons.

It was fun when I was young.

But we are living in another time, and in a different America.

edit on 7-3-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

If i had a nickle every time a left winger told me how 'smart' they supposedly are.

I never said how smart I am. But you just displayed another level of your ignorance. And frankly, you do it a lot. A nickle would get expensive fast.

Which is why i try to not reply to their posts, kind of like debating a child.

That was funny.

I always felt like that talking to Sanders supporters.

I already have a mother, and father. I grew up, and learned how to take care of myself.

Shame Sanders supporters never learned that.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

LOL You are saying that what he said can't be SPUN when that is what the point of this thread is!?!? You can SEE what he actually said! I posted it!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As a Trump supporter may appreciate... I say it as it is.

Republicans have gone full-ignorant. Anti-science and Pro-war crimes. That right there should disqualify anyone, but instead if you're republican, it shoots you straight to the top.

I say it like it is.

link   
Beware of the ivory tower ultra academic intelligentsia.

Very dangerous and self centered group.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

wow so all the work he's done for civil rights and vets... right out the window because he's known hard times. ok buddy. vote for who you want, and i will too.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: FullBloodedNative

He uses their fears about brown people to grab a hold of that vote.

And Sanders supports don't use fear mongering ?

Like when they whine about gunz,rich people,corporaitons,corporations, billionaires, 'oiligarch's', and my personal favorite. Climate change!

Yea the climate is out ta git us!.

And here is a perfect example of why you never reply to this person.

It is like a childs response ....when you ask a child why they did something, "they did it first" or "I know you are but what am I"

He uses playground defense and is very good at it.
edit on 7-3-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

im not talking about just the activism.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good news. You don't have to be ultra academic to speak against the anti-science, pro-war crime crowd. Just a tiny bit of decency.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Does Burlington Vermont even have a ghetto? It's median household income is $52K.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Does Burlington Vermont even have a ghetto? It's median household income is $52K.

Interesting, I guess Bernie is looking beyond his own bubble. Is that a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

As a Trump supporter may appreciate... I say it as it is.

Awesome! I love it when people tell me what I think!.

Republicans have gone full-ignorant. Anti-science and Pro-war crimes.

The lefts social engineering clearly PROVE the antithesis of that, and have moved on to GEO Engineering.

Afghanistan in the 80s(Charlie Wilson Democrat)Libya,Syria, and Vietnam PROVE the antithesis of that.

Rather hard to claim that 'moral' high ground when left wingers are standing knee deep in the snip.

Even funny the GOP 'establishment' wants NOTHING to do with Trump. The rise of Trump has to do with 'democracy' and a vocal 'majority'.

Thanks for playing.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Probably not, but Brooklyn where he grew-up certainly does.

link   

originally posted by: Malynn

The point of the thread is to mislead people into thinking Bernie said something outrageous that will end his campaign. Whatever helps you sleep at night...

How patronizing... You're the one that's confusing the matter.
They were stupid remarks that have insulted many people... you're "misleading people" that it's something else.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

There is video of what he actually said. Plain words, right from the man's mouth. White people don't know what it's like to be poor, don't know what its like to live in a ghetto, blah blah blah.

Fairly straight forward and plain to me.

Poor poor black people who have everything handed to them, I feel so sorry for them because I grew up poorer than any black person in my age group I have ever met.

Hear the sarcasm? No, I don't feel sorry for anyone better off than me or my people, not one bit.

Funny thing though, I don't ask for anyone to feel sorry for me - but I'll be damned before I feel sorry for another.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That's right, Neo. Anti-science and pro-war crimes. Pandering to the most ignorant.

I say it like it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Is living in a bubble and judging those outside of your bubble a bad thing? That's a matter of opinion, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Really WHAT DOES Sanders know about being poor, or racism that AA's EXPERIENCE ?

WHAT ?

Bernie Sanders’ net worth is $528,014. Our Bernie Sanders net worth calculations come from analyzing his U.S. Senate financial disclosure forms.

moneynation.com...

I ask AGAIN?

By all accounts Sanders has led a Privileged life.

money.cnn.com...

What does a one percent WHITE GUY know about adversity ?

WHAT ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join