It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes, I wonder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sometimes, I wonder if this life is about developing ourselves as something new, or if we are meant to find out who we've been all along.

Energy is never lost - we have been around forever. Maybe not in this specific form, maybe not in this specific body but every single atom that we are made of has been around forever, every piece of us has had an immense journey to end up where it is, within us. This fact is fascinating, and profound.. Yet completely typical..it happens all the time, it has likely always happened, and will always continue to happen.

Within our personal view of time, this process will never stop. Our bodies will decay over time, and we will once again become a part of the world and Even if this world ceases to exist, the energy that was once a part of us will never cease to exist. We will eventually and inevitably transform into many forms of energy - and with the vastness of space over a perceived infinite amount of time - the energy that was once us, will be the energy that gives life to something else, possibly even someone else - our energy possibly even spreading over light years of space.

These thoughts, while scientific in nature, bring about spiritual questions.

Is consciousness a particular form of energy, or is it the exact same as everything else? Does death completely end consciousness, and if so... Does the journey that the energy within us took, matter?

Or does our consciousness transcend, or find a new host, or have an entire journey separate that of typical matter?

Believing that no part of the journey is significant would be to admit that mankind is not significant, which would be very hard for us to admit, but in the grand scheme of things... Do we matter? Does the universe care for morality or belief, is there any reward out there or is this all there is? Does life have some grand meaning?

If so, shouldn't we do all we can to aid our transcendence into something greater? Shouldn't we try out best in this life to ensure that our ultimate journey is the best it can be ? It seems that if life, if our journey does have a grand meaning, every step has vital importance and we should look within ourselves to achieve what we are meant to within this short, yet meaningful human existence.

If there is no higher meaning... . Shouldn't we deem our sentience the most important and vital thing in existence? The ability to know we exist, to ponder such existence and communicate in advanced ways and collaborate and coexist with each other on the same planet, with no definitive proof that anything even similar to us exists in the rest of the universe.. Is extremely profound.

We, as humans perceive that which is rare to have value, and while the universe itself may or may not be aware of our existence, - we are. Furthermore, from all data we can gather, we are extremely rare. The ability to know and ponder ones existence is rare even within all of the species of this world, let alone taking into account our inability to find any other planets with sign of non sentient life.

Therefore, even though we only know our significance to be self-assured, the two possibilities outlined here make that assurance all the more important.

Either we are here to find our way to the meaning of life.

Or, we are here to define it.

Thank for reading.

-deadlyhope
edit on 7-3-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thought provoking and profound. I don't think that when we die that's the end of conscience. I believe that we are far more than just a physical body and that when we die, we go on to something different, perhaps something better. There are many compelling stories of life after death. I may not believe everything I hear or read, but there are some fascinating accounts that I believe. There are also out of body experiences and that proves to me at least, that we are more than the physical form in which we reside at this time.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for your response

Stories of life after death are certainly intriguing at the very least, I'm really into medicine and the stories you hear of when people die... Its so interesting and thought provoking and intense.
edit on 7-3-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Interesting. Sometimes I also wonder those things...

Unfortunately we don't have concrete proof either way, so we will need to wait to find out.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In the most basic sense, we are the universe, and the universe is us. It's elements are within us, and within it are us, in an infinite recycling loop

I got my kids a telescope for Christmas. On one of the last clearer and warmer nights we used it, my 8 year old was going over the moon with a fine-toothed comb. She paused for a few seconds and randomly mused, "I wonder what the moon was before all it's atoms and stuff were right there. I wonder what people were before all our atoms and stuff were right here..."

Ad astra, we probably belong out there more than we realize.
edit on 3/7/2016 by Nyiah because: Sleepily mangled a sentence, oops

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
In the most basic sense, we are the universe, and the universe is us. It's elements are within us, and within it are us, in an infinite recycling loop

I got my kids a telescope for Christmas. On one of the last clearer and warmer nights we used it, my 8 year old was going over the moon with a fine-toothed comb. She paused for a few seconds and randomly mused, "I wonder what the moon was before all it's atoms and stuff were right there. I wonder what people were before all our atoms and stuff were right here..."

Ad astra, we probably belong out there more than we realize.

Ah, a scientist-poet!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I definitely want to get a telescope and teach my kids all about it. Got one kid on the way is all though so going to have to wait a minute xD

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Either we are here to find our way to the meaning of life.
Or, we are here to define it.

We are here to learn from past life mistakes and to be spiritually trained for the next phase of our existence.

We only define our life paths if we constantly fight the perfect path that God has put us on.

Everyone that exists in these days of chaos will soon get the chance to become spiritual leaders of this world, after the old world order collapses before the end of this year.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

a reply to: deadlyhope

A scientist-poet & an artist. I was actually surprised the 8 year old took to the telescope as much as she did, I expected the nerdy 6 year old to! The younger one is the "I must understand everything" scientist in the family, I thought the telescope would appeal more to her than the "I WILL be in art museums someday" artist kiddo. Turns out, no, it's more the artistic kid's thing. She's used it much, much more. Maybe this little telescope will help inspire some of the looks of her artwork, many artists have gained poetic inspiration from the night's sky.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Is consciousness a particular form of energy, or is it the exact same as everything else? Does death completely end consciousness, and if so... Does the journey that the energy within us took, matter?

Or does our consciousness transcend, or find a new host, or have an entire journey separate that of typical matter?

It's a good question, are there types of energy that are beyond what we know, specifically is consciousness related to something like that?
There are things in physics that tend to suggest it, slightly, but no one knows for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: joelr

Right - I don't claim to have any answers, and only claim to have a very limited amount of questions.

Neither of these facts reduces the significance of it all, though. Not for me

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
id say yes it is true that energy never gets destroyed. it only changes form. we give meaning to life. we are all infinite beings living out this existence in physical human form for now. maybe when we die we travel to other dimensions and live as other beings in unfathomable forms.

life is about this experience. too many people try to escape instead of finding inner peace and enjoying this beautiful lush planet with all of our human senses.

enjoy it for now because your time in this human form is fleeting.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

What a beautiful thought. What an amazing gift that we have been given. This opportunity to experience existence cannot be described with words. Even more beautiful is that we have the power to bring such wonderful and fulfilling experiences to one another with our time here.

There is no I, there is no you, there only is. Our subjective experience is that of the universe experiencing itself in an objective way.

top topics

join