It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Company Developing Device to Track Stolen Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It does not need to be mandatory. People used to ask the same thing about personal trackers, and whether they would be mandatory. Well, the entire Earth's population volunteered to own cell phones with their own free will, and those are the most effective tracking devices in existence, with audio and video surveillance abilities. So again, why would anyone ever make them mandatory? Assuming this device actually meets commercial success, it would still not be widely adopted by most gun owners, because most gun owners are responsible enough to secure their personal property.

Nothing will ever be mandatory until cash becomes banned. Only at that point, will tracking devices gradually start becoming mandatory. Noone alive today will ever see that happen, even if they were born yesterday. Its possible in another two centuries I suspect.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It does not need to be mandatory. People used to ask the same thing about personal trackers, and whether they would be mandatory. Well, the entire Earth's population volunteered to own cell phones with their own free will,

You make it sound like people would go and volunteering tell the world their thoughts, who they are friends with, what they like and dislike , share personal pictures with the world, and give daily updates to the world along with the location of places they have been and like.

Yeah no way that will happen in America! -- said people prior to 1980's

Good points , but I think the Gun crowd might be a little more resistant . For a few more years anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

what an interesting future everyone ended up self fulfilling isnt it?? A brave new world indeed. Now while the gun owners probably will not be jumping on this product for their personal defense equipment, I do bet this product will be a hit for a wide range of other personal property. Maybe even tag one into baby's pajamas every night for peace of mind for the off chance of a kidnapping. is a great cost effective alternative for automobiles as well IMO. Just put it under the mat every night when you retire for the evening in case someone steals the car in the night.

I think this device would be a hit in bigger metro areas specifically for automobiles where car theft is major.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join