It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary loses Maine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Tonight Bernie has been declared the winner in Maine by the associated press, and as some may know, Bernie also won Nebraska and Kansas on Saturday while Clinton only took Louisiana. Michigan and Mississippi are on March 8th.

www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

In Maine he racked up 8 more delegates than Hillary (15-7)

This makes the total 1130 to 499.

If hillary didnt have those superdelegate things it would be close,

What even are "Superdelegates?"

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
And Marco Rubio won a landslide in Puerto Rico !!!

He got all 23 delegates !!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

People that must be receiving really expensive presents this year.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Those dang superdelegates, rendering the voters moot. Quite a thing.

I seem to recall her having close to 500 delegates before she even announced her candidacy. They must all be psychic. Good to know the democrat establishment has precognition.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The election is just a show for all those idiot people, believing they have a choice in the matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The last time I was in Maine, I crossed a little bridge into New Hampshire and ate at a delightful place named the friendly toast.

I will always love New Hampshire.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

One Super delegate is the equivalent of one person with 10.000 votes, in a very close election it will really really matter, and it's only the Dems that have this democratic subversive system, not one man one vote as the Reps have.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

In Maine he racked up 8 more delegates than Hillary (15-7)

This makes the total 1130 to 499.

If hillary didnt have those superdelegate things it would be close,

A middle finger to a stupid electorate

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Without super-delegates it's 651 for Clinton and 456 for Sanders.

There are 2944 delegates left to be decided. If Sanders fights on to the May primaries and wins the popular vote it's more than likely the super-delegates will switch to him, just as the did with Obama in 2008.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Super delegates don't count for Jack until the convention. Its going to start looking a lot different after March 19 th!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Super delegates don't count for Jack until the convention. Its going to start looking a lot different after March 19 th!

It matters when every delegate count out there includes them for Hillary.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
hillary winning by coin tosses and cutting cards.

Sad.

Go Bernie!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
According to the Bloomberg Politics delegate tracker, the current pledged delegate tallies are:

Clinton: 672
Sanders: 477

In other words, excluding superdelegates, Sanders has about 71% of the delegates that Clinton currently has. While the whole idea of superdelegates is abhorrent (at least to us now**), it's likely that if Sanders gets more pledged delegates, the superdelegates will switch their support to avoid pissing off voters.

** Consider that there were no primaries before the 20th century and up through 1968, the largest number of states to hold primaries was 20. Furthermore, candidates would compete in some states' primaries and not others. In 1968 there were only 15 primaries (14 states plus D.C.). Without getting into all the gory details (LBJ's withdrawal, RFK's assassination), Hubert Humphrey won the nomination without even being in a single primary.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Indeed, an impressive performance by any standard.

To those concerned about superdelegates, my understanding is that their support is transitory, and follows the popular vote if it seems as if their chosen goose is not going to be the one laying the golden egg.

Superdelegates have a habit of removing their support for a candidate who has not got enough of the popular vote. They shifted to Obama during the run up to his becoming president, but previously they were after another candidate to win. These delegates seem to be more like sports betting types. They will bet game after game for an in form candidate, but the moment they get wind that the team has suffered an injury, or that another team has upped its ante, they get behind that team instead. They play to be on the winning side.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

It matters in the sense that some lemmings might watch CNN and think he has no chance due to the super delegate count and not vote for him. But based on increasing turn out I don't think it's a huge worry. With what I'm seeing at the polls and ballot boxes I think it's only going to get better with each state. The Dem and swing states anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Just as an aside to my previous comment, I have this to add.

When scanning through and seeing what's moving and shaking on the site today, I came across the title of this thread for the second time, when looking through myATS, specifically the section which shows the latest activity, on threads which one has already commented on.

The title, though I had seen it already once today, jolted me.

You see, this thread brings news of a Sanders victory in Maine, and yet it is entitled "Hilary Loses Maine". The hell with that! The real story is that Bernie Sanders Wins Maine, not that Hilary lost it! She never had it to lose! So what's going on here?

I could understand if the article to which you, the OP have linked, was entitled Hilary Loses Maine, but it is not. In fact the headline of the article to which you link in you OP, refers to the Bernie win as being a decisive victory! Now, I am not going to suggest that you have an ulterior motive in posting this good news, for I am sure that you have none. However, what I would say, is that it is possible that you titled this piece as you did, because the media and their hardon for either Hilary or Trump these last few weeks has gotten to you.

This is memeology at its finest. The lie has been repeated so often now, that is the lie of Hilary's inevitable nomination, that even those who do not believe it, have had their grammatical choices affected by the meme virus planted inside their minds by this campaign seasons most pernicious and widespread BS mongers!

Kudos for getting the word out, but remember to look deep within yourself and ask questions, like "Is it a Bernie win, or a Hilary loss".

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
a reply to: EightTF3

It matters in the sense that some lemmings might watch CNN and think he has no chance due to the super delegate count and not vote for him. But based on increasing turn out I don't think it's a huge worry. With what I'm seeing at the polls and ballot boxes I think it's only going to get better with each state. The Dem and swing states anyway.

That was my point, and most voters don't know any different

top topics

join