It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter Reaction to N.Reagan Death is a Great Lesson for America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Peace of God to All that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

President Jimmy E. Carter : "President Reagan has been reunited with his wife and partner but America and the Reagan family have lost a woman of grace and strength. I join people from around the country and the world in sending them our best thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. A woman of strength and wit, Nancy Reagan's dedication to our country was matched only by that of her husband. Theirs was one of our nation's great love stories and a model of shared devotion to our country. America is stronger and better for their service."

The words of President Carter teach us a lot about Forgiveness, Patriotism and Decency in Politics.

When we see the horrendous way Donald Trump behaves publically today , it is difficult to don't remember the peculiar way in which Reagan treated President Carter in 1980 Debate, what it was called by his fanatic supporters as the 'Reagan Smash'.

Pls check:

www.youtube.com...

Why America didn't reacted on time against such anti-ethical behavior in politics? That is a question that probably Historians of the future might try to explain to the generations to come.

Well, we are paying right now such error, Trump is in part a sad result of the gradual loss of important values in Politics along the last 36 years, the degradation of essential moral values in all aspects of the political activity.

Pls Check:

www.youtube.com...

Either if we like or not to accept it Donald Trump is actually the final creation of a moral illness that have advanced in America for too much time without being faced and treated at all, the invasion of the Anti-Politics in the scene of the electoral Arena:

Sarcasm, Insults, destructive criticism, antipatriotic attitudes, political manipulation, cynical opportunism and partisan predation that does not know any limits at all.

It seems we are living since 1980 in an Era that is basically ruled by the teachings and anti principles of Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli.

Fortunately we still have alive a Nobel Peace Prize President, that really deserved to be awarded with it, to remember us that The Fatherland is above Politics and only through the path of forgiveness and national reconciliation is that America can find again the route to Concord and progress.

Yes, This holy week of 2016 it is good to confess that we are all guilty of the sin to have allowed to appear , with our silence and tolerance for immoral attitudes in politics such Monster, of the national life : Donald Trump that represents the darkest page of our political History.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/6/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It seems every other thread on ATS turns into a Trump bash lately.

It's rather tedious.

I'll just leave a RIEP to Mrs.Reagan.

Good journey to you, ma'am.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Um...I don't see anything disrespectful about Reagan's response to Jimmy Carter's speech. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

Thanks.

ETA: Will also add a RIP to Nancy Reagan. I was never a fan of her, but she was a very dignified First Lady. And the relationship she shared with Ronald Reagan should be an example for us all.

-dex

edit on 3/6/2016 by DexterRiley because: added RIP

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Well Dear DesterRiley,

Where you alive in 1980? if So or if not I think you must refer to the context in which that debate took place to understand the point.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, and thinking that possibly there are many that are going to read these lines that were even not alive in 1980.

Just in case, let me remind you that the context in which Governor Reagan launched such a terrible avalanche of extremely negative and disloyal attacks to Carter, (please notice that he systematically avoided to address the President by his Title), it was a time of Oil Embargo from the OPEC countries against America, and also the time in which American diplomats were kidnapped by a foreign government that was clearly violating the international Law.

President Carter was facing bravely the double aggression of two forces that were willing to destroy American Economy at any cost, and facing terrorists that entered violently to an Embassy to intimidate America and force it to negotiate the exchange of the ex-Sha Mohammed Reza Pahlevi for the diplomats criminally hijacked.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
RIP Nancy Reagan

There is nothing horrendous about Trump - the man is just doing what he needs to do to win support. Look at what the last guy said and our current state of affairs....I'm still waiting for that change.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Well the difference between Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump is that the first decided to Smash all the time only President Jimmy Carter, blaming him for all and each one of the problems of the entire world, in a time of huge international crisis, while Trump is smashing not only President Obama , he has gone far beyond that point, he is verbally harassing entire social groups:

He is against the Hispanic Americans, He is against the Muslim Americans, He is also Against the African Americans, He has decided to avoid debates as way to express his rejection to the free press, journalist have been beaten by his followers in his meetings, and now he also has already promised to violate the Geneve convention in case become elected as a way to rule from the White House.

Must I continue with the list of national sins?

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't discuss politics or religion, ever, especially with someone that I don't know (you) - since no one will ever sway my opinion.

However, the biggest difference between Reagan and Trump isn't your list...it's the decades between them and how different this country has become.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I doubt God cares out about our elections or which party wins. I mean Hilary is the anti-Christ so I would think you would be more worried about her winning than Trump...especially as an 'angel' and all.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Dear Metallicus,

I have said this before in some of my Threads, but I think it is important to repeat it again:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the two sides of the same coin, They are made each one to the other, moreover, the need each one the other, and that is the reason for which each one is doing campaign for the other, since they are part of the same phenomenon in Politics.

When Donald Trump attack in his speeches Hillary Clinton is because that is the candidate He dreams to have in the election of November and when Mrs. Clinton do so with respect to Trump is because she also wants to have him in the Presidential election.

Only a mediocre candidate needs to have another mediocre candidate to be able to assure success in a contest of ideas, only who plays the dirty game likes to have a contender that also plays it as well.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well, I certainly wouldn't be one to argue the fitness of any of the candidates this election cycle. I would simply suggest that Trump is the only one with a chance, however small, of being different.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ummm...not so much i think.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
to this i agree.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good Bye Ma'am .
You were a good woman.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Whatever else Jimmy Carter was, and is...?

He was, and is, a gentleman. A lousy President, but a very good man. Perhaps in any other time in American history, he might have been remembered with great favor.

I have nothing but respect for nearly everything he's done since leaving office. Not all of it, mind, but most of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Nobody ever accused Jimmy Carter of not being a gentleman... we just accused him of being a royal dumbass who was in way over his skill level, dealing with issues that demanded decisive action, yet only mustering bland malaise. He has always been a gentleman, moron or not.
edit on 6-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It seems every other thread on ATS turns into a Trump bash lately.

It's rather tedious.

I'll just leave a RIEP to Mrs.Reagan.

Good journey to you, ma'am.

That's because he makes half of them

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes to all of that. Good man. Lousy President. Not quite the Gold Standard of bad, but certainly top 5.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think he was the most ineffective, unqualified POTUS ever elected. That said, I don't believe the man was corrupt, so I would agree that he doesn't belong in the same sentence with LBJ, Obama, Johnson, or Nixon as America's worst presidents.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're not going back far enough for the truly bad ones...

There's the other Johnson. ...and a whole host of non-entities that I have to work really hard to remember the names of that came shortly after him. Up to the Bigot in Chief Wilson. Most of them qualify for at least a nomination of worst ever.

But in our lifetimes, since we're sorta the same age, your list about covers it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yes, Obama really deserved that peace prize ...

More on topic I went to the Reagan Library last year, was amazing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join