It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're so offended by Trump's language!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The 1000 years that Rome led the western world(bad things happened then). The British Empire? Worldwide but quite fleeting. If you include today's Commonwealth.... 400 years? America? Won't even make 100 years. Sorry.

If one is religiously inclined, look at the book of Daniel to explain that. Damn apt.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I am religious, but I stopped trying to resolve prophecies in the Bible years ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"You're so offended by Trump's language!

I'm not in the least offended by Trumps language but some people are and it's the very people Trump needs to get elected.

Who's that you ask? I'll tell you...

Evangelical Right wing Christians...his nasty obscene mouth is losing the "family values" crowd. Yes they exist, they go to church and the pulpit is bailing on Trump. I think he knows the effect his filthy mouth would have on them.... He's not stupid.

My elderly mother and her friends now push the remote anytime Trump comes on the TV. They are Texan right wing republican Christian, Southern Baptist, voting conservatives.

His nasty mouth seems almost contrived to sow the seeds of his own destruction, something I always suspected. Keep it up donald and you will get your wish. Is it any wonder the GOP has turned on him? I think it was planned this way.
edit on 7-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Informer1958

No one is being held accountable because we never stand up as a collective.

How would the revolution that created America have gone if George Washington was alone in his efforts?

The government has become so big... That we need something like millions to combat the corruption.

Someone really powerful could create a collective situation - Some call this person trump, other sanders.

It will be an interesting election.
Great, we get to choose between business as usual and quite possibly some form of totalitarianism. Sanders and trump rub off as two tyrants at opposite ends of the spectrum where it all blends in together into one giant F U to human decency.

Btw, only an approximate 1/3 of the people supported independence.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's the economy stupid. The establishment isn't banding together and spending hundreds of millions of dollars to stop Trump because they are offended by his language. You can be sure of that. They fear the end to their gravy train and the middle class rising again. A powerful middle class is a formidable adversary to any elitist ruling class and always has been throughout history. The Hour is late and the globalists have almost won but it isn't over yet, it isn't over yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustSayNo
It's the economy stupid. The establishment isn't banding together and spending hundreds of millions of dollars to stop Trump because they are offended by his language. You can be sure of that. They fear the end to their gravy train and the middle class rising again. A powerful middle class is a formidable adversary to any elitist ruling class and always has been throughout history. The Hour is late and the globalists have almost won but it isn't over yet, it isn't over yet.

Who comprises the middle class? Minorities, women, Christians, moderate conservatives, people that Trump seems to want to offend.

If he keeps alienating people he needs to attract...he is sowing the seeds of his own destruction. It almost seems contrived as if he wants to lose.
His nasty mouth may appeal to adolescent males but not the "family values" church goers.

There aren't enough pissed off white males to win him the election. It's his own fault...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Uh, he's polling strongly among females, blacks, and moderates. He also is polling surprisingly well among Hispanics and moderate Christians.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I wish there was a "Standing Applause" emoticon. Your post deserves just that!

That being said, I do cringe every time Donald Trump calls Cruz, "Lying Ted" and Rubio, "Little Marco". Sitting U.S. Senators should be shone more respect than that. When they go to other countries, they're treated like high level dignitaries.

edit on 3/7/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The people in his high school say he was great guy.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Yes I am offended by Donald Trump and not President Barack Obama.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You ask for my opinion? I say I totally agree.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is getting funnier by the day, trump fans offended that some people are offended by trumps usuage of words.

Cant make that # up.

edit on 9-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So...America needs more boot on the throat of the rest of the world? Okay...I can understand your stance.

However, when you allow the government to reinforce it's "boot" who's to say that same boot won't be used at home as well as abroad? Also, what consequences may come due to America being an aggressive authoritarian -- because "boot on the throat" kind of implies just that...

So smaller government at home, more projected power abroad? Less intervention but somehow still maintain world dominion? Decry a "one world government" but allow rampant "Americanization" of the world via American-based corporations with private and government military support?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This is where my monochromatic world view butts heads with your compromising world of hues, MM. I'm saying there are two satisfactory scenarios which return America to her place...
1. Isolationist military policy combined with tariffs and rejection of global free trade agreements.
2. Conquest plus spoils

Presently we're sitting in a quagmire somewhere in the middle where we fight imperialistic wars for loss rather than profit and we're the world's "gun for charity" selling our services to the lowest bidder. That's horsecrap.

As to the "boot used at home," you give the states the power they are Constitutionally guaranteed to have and that's a self correcting problem.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The problem is you're ignoring what the rest of the world is going to be doing.

The isolationist thing didn't work for the Islamic world after the crusades. They stagnated, sat on their laurels and when the Europeans came back with gunboats ... the Ottoman empire was woefully weak and unprepared.

With conquest plus spoils there's only so much to plunder before your expanded military grows bored and restless.

If we beefed up the states, I foresee a fractured, disorganized America (worse than it is now), I see a weakened America that won't be able to compete globally with China, India, Russia, the UK and others. The rest of the world will continue to make technological advancements and expand economic growth while petty arguments over wedding cakes and bathrooms devolve America into a crumbling wasteland. With no central authority, our infrastructure would be left to the states -- some of which can't support themselves anyway. Interstates, power grids...all of these would suffer. Flint, MI would be just the tip of the iceberg.

The articles of confederation didn't work way back then, and something as loose as those sure as hell wouldn't work in today's world. In the time of our founding fathers there were maybe 2-3 world powers...today, however, it's an entirely different ball game.

When you think in black/white it's like thinking in 2-dimensions. You limit your options and choices. I mean it's like having an infected finger and saying, "Cut off the finger or die". Well, if you didn't think in absolute terms you might seek out a third option that could save the finger.

Absolute thinking doesn't work in a world where the vast majority of its inhabitants aren't bound to absolute thinking. It's like intentionally handicapping yourself and being pissed that everyone eventually pulls ahead near the finish line.
edit on 9-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
In the time of our founding fathers there were maybe 2-3 world powers...today, however, it's an entirely different ball game.

Not really. When Clinton took office, there was 1... the USA. That should have remained, but again... our boot, world's throat, eased up, OOPSIE! It really wouldn't take much to return to our rightful place in that regard. Similarly, prior to WWII, the US was a fairly isolated country in terms of allowing the rest of the world to work out their own problems. We could easily return to that position.

I don't believe in bullsnip, man. If I get an infected finger and it negatively impacts some aspect of my life, I'll cut the bastard off. It's "extreme," but it works. Similarly, America has some infected parts that need to be chopped off before they putrify the entire body. (Which is one of the thinsg I sincerely hope Trump is being honest on... I'd certainly appreciate seeing some triage take place.)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Right, but there's medicine for the infection so you don't have to loose the finger. It's not always "all or noting"

And sorry, but Russia and China ... those guys might beg to differ about being "world powers". They may not have the military, but they can certainly hit anyone where it hurts economically.

And sadly, no ... we can't return to isolationism. We've had our hands in the cookie jars and up all the shirts of the world's countries for far to long. We've created to many enemies and become to dependent (and likewise for the rest of the world). . .

Sadly, we're so tied in right now that there's no clean way to just "isolate" without massive loss of life, quality of life, and a return to some kind of neo-dark age.

I mean, I'd like to be more isolationist, I don't want you to think I'm all for globalization. I do, however, see the writing on the wall and the direction things are going. I think we've gone beyond the tipping point on this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's funny, I am way more pessimistic, cold, and (sure, I'll admit it) cruel hearted than you are, yet you're the defeatist. Sorry, but all I see when I read that is a guy who has accepted defeat and resigned himself to be a plaything in a game of Globalist Grabass.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join