It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHOSTBUSTERS - Official Trailer...... What have they done!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ok, so like many people my age, Ghostbusters was a film from my childhood, and the thought that Sony was going to do a reboot, really got me hyped,

but then the trailer dropped,

If you haven't seen it, here, it is, (I apologise now)

This trailer has broken the record for dislikes, with currently 160,800 Likes and 324.645 Dislikes!!!!!!!

a few reaction trailers i've seen:

My question is.... Why???

why ruin a classic, they have turned it into Bridesmaid with ghosts.

Also wasn't there 3 Scientists? Winston Zeddmore wasn't a Scientist????

edit on 6/3/16 by Phatdamage because: I'm BATMAN

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Zeddemore was just a guy who responded to a help wanted ad, but while he wasn't a scientist, he also wasn't some "streetwise 'hood" stereotype like they've made this reboot counterpart. Zeddemore as the everyman guy who just happened to also be black; he was simply the blue collar one.

Nope, this was already posted earlier in the week, but I'll say it again ... I couldn't stomach one watching of this thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The women of Saturday Night Live take over from the boys of SNL. Lorne Michaels seems to have a stranglehold on a fair portion of the comedy movie industry. And it seems he has had no new ideas for the last ten years or so. Where his work used to be edgy and cutting edge comedy it is now hackneyed and totally predictable. Take an old concept, fill it with familiar faces and attitudes and that is all he thinks it needs. No art here, just looking for a buck.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But, i wonder if this film will get to the cinema with this much hate!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Gozer the Destructor could not have done a better job at ruining the memory of the original Ghostbusters film.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm not watching the trailer. And I will not be watching the movie.

Just like the point break remake they did last year or the karate kid a few years ago.

I have no interest in seeing any of this garbage. Hopefully if they keep losing money on this crap they will stop.
edit on 6-3-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think people should give this movie a chance. Just because the trailer isn't that great doesn't mean that the movie won't be. I will definitely see it. I think it's gonna be really good.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

They wrecked a classic. They ruined "Wild Wild West" too. I'm sure there are others that I just can't think of right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I will probably watch it once it shows on tv, the ghostbuster franchise was pretty awesome, kinda hard to beat the old gang.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah, the new GB looks horrid.
Heaps more comments about it in this Ghostbusters THREAD

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow, it just got worse and worse as it went; didn't it? I suppose Harold Ramis has spun himself to the core of the Earth by now. I didn't expect it to stand up to the original or even the sequel but I thought it would be funny. I hope they still make a second Bridesmaids after this dumpster fire.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Bloody hell, the feminists have even managed to ruin a classic...

As a straight white male..

IM TRIGGERED...
edit on 6-3-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

When I heard the new team consisted of women, I was totally excited. I was thinking of what cool plots it could have... were they going to be the original team's daughters? Students? Enthusiasts who get swept up in the saga by some unexpected circumstance? You know, a SEQUEL. And any of those decisions would make an awesome movie.

But a reboot? Gah! Why?! It is such a waste... total missed opportunity for a fun and original plot, continuing the series. Really let down by this.

But... still going to watch it. Because Kristen Wiig.

edit on 6-3-2016 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

They should have at least incorporated the original team members into it and give it more credence with the viewers both old and young.

I can't wait to see it just to see it. I will save my ratings for after the viewing not based on a trailer.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why does everything these days have to be a reboot?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

they are running out of ideas so they reboot a successful idea for the sake of making money off of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow, that looks abysmal.

When they do a remake of ET or flight of the navigator it'll be time to burn down Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I gagged way back when I heard it was a girlified reboot. Just because I have boobies doesn't mean I need my Ghostbusters to! WTH! Why are we ruining one of the best classics with a PC reboot?!

This is Ghostbusters

This is not, nor will it ever be to me, Ghostbusters

Just no

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Wow, that looks abysmal.

When they do a remake of ET or flight of the navigator it'll be time to burn down Hollywood.

Oh dear god, don't give them any more ideas...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I guess I didn't realize it was a reboot, I thought a sequel was coming. These women are funny in their own right, but from the trailer it looks bad. I'll watch it. When it hits cable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join