It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody here left the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

If I were to move to another country?

Tahiti. For obvious reasons...!!

Seriously though... Not going to happen. This is my home. All my stuff is here. ...and my family, several generations of them, bled and died for it. In the great hereafter, I don't want to look them in the eye and say I left because it got a little rough. They'd slap me into my next life.

Things are bad? Phooey. They've been worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
i want to move to the u.s and buy a machine gun

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I think if you ever get the opportunity to travel you should grab it. The perfect time to do it is before you start taking on responsibilities like jobs or kids. I travelled Mexico and Central America for 4 months in 2005 and was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I wasn't going to go, but my friends talked me into it and I'm so thankful they did. It was actually very cheap, staying in youth hostels and travelling by buses. We even treated ourselves to a hotel once in a while. Central America can be very cheap. I think if I could live anywhere it would be coasta Rica. Two amazing coast lines a rainforest and what seemed like the most stable of the Central American countries. Honduras was a bit hairy, so just give it the swerve. Unless you like living on the edge

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Good luck with that! The hoops you gotta jump through are fairly impressive.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Moved from the US at age 42 to the UK 10 years ago and I have never felt more free.

The only thing I miss about America is my son that is still there.

My first year working here I was able to take more vacation time then my whole 30 years working in America.

I don't talk # about America but if someone asks I tell them the truth....Its all about money over there.

Nice place to holiday but wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Relevant information has been collected, condescending humor taken with a grain of salt.

Because I am an American citizen presumptions have been made by replies I understand.

Reasons for inquiring of relocation are as stated in OP I do not care much at all for American culture and throw away society.

If I ever leave i do not intend on bringing my "American lifestyle" with me but adapting to the way of life in the relocation area.

I do not have any material possessions other than art supplies and the basic amenities such as bedding and basic toiletry supplies and several changes of clothing.

I have lived 5 continuous years in a 3rd world country prior so I am aware of the stigma of being American but once able to look past that people are generally accepting if you open up to them .

Edit: I don't want to give off the impression that I do not care about my country of origin. I care about it deeply and have participated in communities that value the preservation of the land and it's people but the scales are tipping

edit on 7-3-2016 by sociolpath because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What you scared of?

I’m afraid they’ll move into my neighbourhood, take my job, ogle my daughters and deal drugs on the street corner.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join