It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody here left the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know if I can handle this country anymore I know no country is perfect but have any members here left US for another country, which country, and how did it go for you?

I keep seeing and hearing Ecuador, which has picked my interest as I am fluent with Spanish and really want to be in a slower paced society that isnt so encrusted with toxic mimics.

I just have a really bad feeling about USA and the coming future it seems to be getting worse underneath the surface daily, yet the majority of people don't see it or understand it because they are surfaced.

Considered going OTG here in the wilderness of USA but that's not easy these days with surveillance and buying land in the country is far beyond my abilities within my lifespan considerably at this point. Land taxes whereabouts I live are completely ridiculous as well, all the people I know that "own" land are basically renting it from the gov after taxes.

Basically the culture and society is making me so tired and I want to join in human interaction but my latest endevours have made me realize how incompatible the American culture and I am.

As well I have a theory that American culture is toxic for people with PTSD, it's downright hostile.

Where would you move to if you moved to another country?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

I would support you decision to move.

Anyone that doesn't want to be here should go somewhere else so they can learn we don't have it that bad. May I suggest a refuge ridden European nation or perhaps a fine Asian nation like China.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Did you read my mind and write this post?...I completely feel the same way..I feel helpless too. Property taxes (southern Illinois are extremely high..we pay almost 4K/yr for a small city lot in podunk) I have 3 small girls..so moving would be a giant undertaking. We don't have many friends because we feel the same about people..either they are so religious that the thought of the world ending is no big deal..or they are so caught up in mundane..materialistic lifestyles that the thought of being their friends makes us nauseated...My husband is from the Philippines..and we have thought about going there..but his sister has warned us about the overcrowding and pollution...I don't know what is best for my family..but I don't think America is...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You seem like a nice fellow, come to Canada the west coast. Once you see British Columbia and meet the people you will never want to leave.

It will be interesting to see how many people reply to this. I would also like to see a pole or vote seeing how many people want to leave the US.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I was looking at Ecuador a while back. Many American retirement communities. Very affordable (can live VERY well on $1000/mo or less), tropical climate (grow your own food), inexpensive healthcare, and plenty of public transportation so you don't even need to own a vehicle if you don't want to.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I would support you decision to move.

Anyone that doesn't want to be here should go somewhere else so they can learn we don't have it that bad. May I suggest a refuge ridden European nation or perhaps a fine Asian nation like China.

I hear there are lots of jobs in China.

Any wall builders might want to gather in Northern Mexico.

They got one hell of a wall to build...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'd move to San Felipe and spend my days fishing and enjoying the beautiful Mexican women.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Uk member here but a mate of mine was born and raised in Denver and quit a good job with a law company and went travelling.

He now lives in a tree in Scotland and says he does not regret it for a second.

Not sure how this helps but is true.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What do you think of a young abled body man leaving their country because they are too chicken s%^t to stay and fight? The only people wanting to leave the United States are those wealthy enough to do so, or those who are so miserable being a victim, they want to come to your country and bitch and moan about things not being fair begging for attention there! I will gladly open my arms to those brave enough to fight, just so we can tell those wanting to come back when the fighting is over to go screw themselves!

I feel sorry for any country dumb enough to open their arms to someone so narcissistic that because they didn't get their way, they want to leave. Hell, where in the world does tyranny not exist at this point?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Go to New Zealand... its apparently one of the safest countries in the world, with a very low rate of corruption.

You really couldn't find a better country, if a higher quality of life is your motivation for moving,
edit on 6-3-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If your user name is any indication of how well you interact with your society, any society, you just as well stay put. Our entitlements are pretty damned nice.

I wonder how much of what you would complain about here actually impacts your daily life and pocketbook?

" - In 2011, Ecuador was one of the most violent countries in Latin America; the homicide rate had risen to over 22 per 100,000."
That would be several times over the US rate.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The plain fact is that very few of the people who say they want to leave actually will. They'll find some reason that circumstances "just aren't right" so that they stay and continue complaining. Once in awhile someone puts their money where their mouth is and actually takes the plunge, but most of it is just hot air. It also begs the question of whether any other country really wants to take on a bunch of whiny American "refugees."

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Good post, but next time tell us how you really feel. Here I was thinking this thread was about all the Hollywood elites that promised to leave if Trump gets elected. Tell Rosie I'll even pack her bags for her!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
a reply to: seeker1963

Good post, but next time tell us how you really feel. Here I was thinking this thread was about all the Hollywood elites that promised to leave if Trump gets elected. Tell Rosie I'll even pack her bags for her!

I have been told numerous times I wear my emotions on my sleeve!

I could never figure out why that was a bad thing! At least I was being honest?

I won't mention the members name, but they live in Australia, and they blow me away that they make many posts showing they understand our Constitution more so than those calling people idiots for not voting for whom they want to be elected!

edit on 6-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't know any Americans who have left. I do know quite a few Europeans that left their birth countries and are now US citizens.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
OP has PTSD.
We never would have guessed...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EequalsMC2
I'd move to San Felipe and spend my days fishing and enjoying the beautiful Mexican women.

copy that....

Spent a year in Sayulita and dream about going back every day!

www.youtube.com...

Anyone that wants to help fund my move back, please u2u me.

chido colchonazo!!!
edit on 6-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
America is a big country, and has so many different climates, geographically attractive features(personal preference), predominate peoples and political leanings, economic opportunities, etc., etc. There are many options to suit individual choices, and I find it difficult to believe there is nowhere to be found in this vast Nation.

That is unless your mind is made up and this Country is too "hostile" and "toxic". Best of luck in finding a country that better suits your needs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The essiest way to move to canada is to find a job that will sponser you, in my town we have tons of europeans, americans, philipinos that get work contract and immigrate here, there is tons of jobs in the service industrie, plumbers,elctricians, mechanics.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Anyone that wants to help fund my move back, please u2u me.

You do realize how funny that is, don't you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join