It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Photographs UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A PENSIONER has captured an amazing picture of a UFO bearing a remarkable resemblance to the alien spacecraft from the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

John Macdonald spotted the strange lights hovering in the sky near his home in rural Perthshire and says it made a noise like “a thousand hoovers”.

He managed to take a snap of the aerial object as it hovered for a few minutes before suddenly vanishing in front of his eyes.

Could this be an elaborate hoax or something quite real. It certainly looks the real deal. Is this the proof we've all been waiting for

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Whether this is a hoax or not, it's in my area.

I had an encounter a few years ago, not going into detail but the lights in that guys photo are similar to what I witnessed, although it wasn't a round object.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It is really hard to tell isn't it, without any background in the picture. It sure looks like a close encounters of the third kind UFO, but it could just be computer rendered, or a model, or anything really.

Thanks for the link, I have to say though that the Daily Mail has become a bit like the WeeklyWorldNews which is fun but hardly taken seriously, LOL.

Edit: I confused Daily Mail for Daily Express. Same difference though.
edit on 6-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: owning my delusion

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

Is this the proof we've all been waiting for

No. In Hynek's six-point scale, this is the lowest, classified as a "Nocturnal Light." It has to be within 500 feet to qualify as a "Close Encounter of the First Kind," which is actually the fourth point on the scale. You can determine neither size nor distance with a black background and nothing around it. Impressive, sure, but it does not constitute "proof" of anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The zoomed in picture is upside down, it also is cropped and appears less detailed than the picture the guy is holding.
Would be nice to see the full picture uncropped.

Looks interesting none the less.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It would seem with the limited information (sure more will be forthcoming?) that things just heated up in that area?

50-70 yards is pretty close, so are we ruling out experimental military craft?
The article cast doubt on it being a drone, but those suckers ARE loud. If it is a drone I would expect it's owner will be out playing about so more sightings will be reported.

Regardless, nice find!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If it sounds like a thousand hoovers, might it in fact be a ... wait for it .... a hoovercraft?

Perhaps somthing like the one in this video:

Test flight of hoovercraft
edit on 6-3-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

The zoomed in picture is upside down, it also is cropped and appears less detailed than the picture the guy is holding.
Would be nice to see the full picture uncropped.

Looks interesting none the less.

It is upside down, I'm presuming the man knows what way up the object appeared.
What is more bothering is the lights, they do seem to be powering up or down at different points of the 'circumference' and possibly explaining the glare.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Nice find.
Its got a weird shape hasn't it. The outer ring of lights looks like they're on the end of poles or on a clear plastic ring. Notice how they appear higher than the main drum shaped middle but no structure appears in between to obscure the view.
Unless the picture is from directly underneath I'd say it was a pretty spindly looking object.
Also, sounding like hoovers? I'd suspect fan type motors like drones for example.
Cool pic and everything but I'm not declaring Alien until I've seen whoever flies that thing.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Only one photo? Strange.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have nothing to add other than I think this is possibly the best ATS thread title ever.

Maybe it is just me but you nailed it and I spat beer all over a really rather expensive monitor when I saw that pop up.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Only one pic? Also yes, like the article says, looks a bit TOO much like Spielberg's idea of a UFO, at least in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Seen the link.. The express. .

I already know this is bs..

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Might be a quadcopter with LEDs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He looks too much like Billy Meir....Just saying.....

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
S&F

Hopefully there is a follow up investigation to this...It kind of resembles the close encounter UFO, but not really...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the fact its yet another express link tells me its utter crap.

Please ATS the DE has 0 credibility its a comic no better than BIN.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

It's funny, but when I see people poo-pooing the credibility of "rags" or "pulpies", I always think of that shot in Men In Black where they pick up copies of Enquirer, etc to check out the BEST leads and news sources around! I'm not saying I believe they are, but hey...you never know. There's a grain of truth in the weirdest stories!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Looks like lights reflecting off glass.

But I could be biased due to the goofy pic of an "alien" they put next to it.

Way to discredit the photo from the start.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"In a heartbeat it was gone. "

Disappeared?

Flew away?

Vertically?

Horizontally?

They always miss that bit out. Unfortunately sign of a made up story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join