It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Not Conservative, He's a pragmatist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First I hope this is the right place to put this or if this has been posted already so here goes.

Second Trump has had some pretty bad publicity and very few people have gotten away from what the MSM and the established Political pundants want you to see Him as. Here is a different take on Trump, from an ethnically challenged Pastor. mychal-massie.com...

I said that I neither view nor do I believe Trump views himself as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of myself.

I went through much of the MSM and Established political bull and went to the direct sources of Trumps hate speech quoted by these manipulators and let me tell you. Most of his comments lacked the anger (they said he had), they lacked the Racism (they said he had), it lacked the Misogynousim (they said he had), so from now on I wont trust the MSM or the established political clowns to tell me the truth about anything concerning candidates for the upcoming 2016 election.

edit on 6-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

While I starred and flagged you, you should have known that about everything already. I agree with that stance on Trump.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
First I hope this is the right place to put this or if this has been posted already so here goes.

Second Trump has had some pretty bad publicity and very few people have gotten away from what the MSM and the established Political pundants want you to see Him as. Here is a different take on Trump, from an ethnically challenged Pastor. mychal-massie.com...

I said that I neither view nor do I believe Trump views himself as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of myself.

I went through much of the MSM and Established political bull and went to the direct sources of Trumps hate speech quoted by these manipulators and let me tell you. Most of his comments lacked the anger (they said he had), they lacked the Racism (they said he had), it lacked the Misogynousim (they said he had), so from now on I wont trust the MSM or the established political clowns to tell me the truth about anything concerning candidates for the upcoming 2016 election.

I rarely watch the news. I have watched many, many of Trump's speeches on here and on Youtube. He's pretty bad. The talking heads do not make him worse, they just analyse and describe what is pretty bad already.

It is easy to see problems, I have not seen much in the way from Trump as to how to fix anything. Trump is actually all of the things you mentioned. You know, the bad things.

Is this thread meant to be ironic and I'm just missing your sense of humor?

edit on 6-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's precisely why he shouldn't be running as a Republican. If you like the idea that Trump can hold both conservative and liberal views, than it's a clear example of what's wrong with the two party system. Candidates running under a particular party, are expected not to stray from the party platform. It pressures them from not agreeing with some of the views of the opposite party.

If we didn't have a two party system, candidates would be free to speak their mind! Voters would no longer feel the need to always vote along party lines.

Case in point, the GOP candidates all say they would support Trump if he wins the nomination. Yet, they all disagree with him, saying he possesses some liberal views. As a republican party candidate, they're expected to support their party's nomination. They didn't dare say otherwise, and you could easily see it in in their face how difficult it was to say that they would. Which is clearly hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem.

I think Trump is not a pragmatist. When he sees a problem he does not seek to fix it but rather to exploit it to his own advantage and any one who stands in that way of that short term advantage gets short shrift.

Now after a decade or two of him being, and accepting the role of capitalist clown, all to his advantage, he says he wants to be Potus. Funny thing isn't it? After all those seasons of being the Big Boss on a comedy show that purported to be a reality show, which of course it was not, he has found himself positioned to be the Big Boss on another scale, one where people will have to take him seriously.

If you want to be taken seriously, act seriously and they will. If you don't act seriously, they won't. So at that point if you still want to be taken seriously, you must resort to force and that is what he is all about. Even his jabs at the other candidates are not serious, they are comedic, yet not funny as they are really just examples of his UN-empowered use of force. I myself, do not wish to see him with real power, because with a mentality like his, force will be his only real option.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Not trusting the MSM is always a good policy. Also, I agree he is someone that is pragmatic which often times comes across as cold and unyielding, but sometimes it is best to remove the emotional element from decisions and do what is best for your country. Personally it seems we have been allowing emotion to rule over logic for sometime in this country.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I fully agree.

I watch his speeches without commentary it is the best way to see what he is saying and garner the truth of his emotions via body language, vocal intonation, and the facial expressions.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I, also, see him in that light. I called it apolitical. Pragmatist is more encompassing, therefore more accurate.

He isn't a politician and has those typical traits of a successful businessman who doesn't care what you think of his take on an issue. It has and will take time for him to adjust. His already moving in that direction from what I can see.

He played a tough game in N.Y. business and largely was successful.

I believe he will solve more problems that face us than any other candidate. His middle finger salute will be the response to those that say "you can't do that"....and it will get done.

At least that is the hope. The rest? Same old, same old.

edit on 6-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join