It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i embed youtube videos on my thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 2head

Yes

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yes, Just click the youtube button that exsists on top of your text box whenever posting.

Then copy and past the video number.

So if I wanted to show this video www.youtube.com...

I would just copy and paste this section "hiPKB36aR2U"

The section you have to paste always comes after the first = sign

Heres what it looks like

I use this thread a lot to practice,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy posting!
edit on 6-3-2016 by frostie because: typos

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

The least you could have done was teach the man how to do it instead of a one word contribution. But I think that would be too much of a challenge for the members of the current ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You need to read about making posts and read the rules and Ts and Cs you agreed to when you joined. How to do everything is all over our forums.Board, Freshman's.

Please read since you joined...at least the Ts and Cs

Thanks...and welcome.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Well, perhaps, if the OP would have asked HOW to do it instead of IF the OP could do it I would have attempted to teach the OP how.
And besides, when does answering a question and offering a new member a beer deserve a tongue lashing?

OP...checking your posting history thus far it appears that the member's post directly above me gave you clear detailed instructions on how to upload a youtube video.

edit on 6-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I've embedded before but now its not working. I always copy and paste everything after the = but the videos never embed. I've tried to different videos and it isn't working. Its getting on my nerves.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Sometimes a video has more than one = sign,

maybe thats it?

new topics

top topics

join