It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor/Nate Diaz fight last night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
a reply to: haven123

Chad Mendes

yeah him

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is what I love about MMA, as a 10 year practitioner myself, I enjoy hearing everyone's predictions and opinions ... Even if I don't always agree. I'd love to see Dana White stroke out if Nate Diaz would fight, win and hold a title.

No secret Dana doesn't like the fact they won't conform to being the GSP the style role model that the UFC wants them to be. Smart mouth street kids from Stockton Makes Dana cringe and I love that. Still hate McGregor lost but it was an amazing fight

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideGirl2217

I agree I was very conflicted due to loving both fighters big time as two of my favorites in the UFC. I agree Diaz is the better more experienced fighter at the weight and did deserve the W as I do feel Conor was fighting more as to put on a show than trying to win the fight. He also got 1 milli and limited the damage he received or would have received by going out in the second round. Diaz hopefully gets many good fights to come and will be good fun for the UFC if he does!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You have some good points and yes I believe Conor expected his combos to finish him as well as the bleeding could of caused a stop. Your game plan surely could have worked. Problem is at any moment Diaz can catch anyone with a one two stun you and finish you on the ground. Like he said he would have more KO but this opens up an easy submission. So any game plan would have been better but you can never plan for that perfect one two. What makes the UFC so exciting is if you blur or get stunned it would be over or a submission could end a fight.

I do agree with your game plan though. As I think the biggest problem was the motivation and game plan to win the fight. His cockiness made him want to prove he is a bad ass and it back fired. Sorta like Rousey trying to stand up with Holm. Fighters even like Silva get cocky and want to stand up and prove something and almost always sooner or later will back fire. Probably good that it happened so soon for Conor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join