It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of the American Felon Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Seems we see more and more American politicians that want to by-pass laws and by-pass the U.S. Constitution when ever the chance presents itself.

Now we see some things in New York that want to allow illegal "Citizens" to vote and to be licensed as teachers.

I imagine some law somewhere allows this right?

If not, why the blatant attempts?

Somebody named Melissa Mark-Viverito of the New York City Counsil wants to let "non-citizens" vote.

And we have somebody named MaryEllen Elia, the New York state Education Commissioner who wants to open teaching licenses to "non-citizens" along with some other regulated professions.

I can understand the dilemma of "non-citizens" who may have come here as children, but I think the Felon Politicians are jumping the gun, which always leads to disasters, especially for people who do things the "Legal" way.

Sad state of affairs when elected leadership finds ways to break laws.

Pols want to make citizenship irrelevant — showing disrespect for the American dream

New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito has long refused to pledge even ceremonial allegiance to the American flag. No surprise, then, that she displays no respect for American citizenship, either.

Mark-Viverito wants to grant voting rights to non-citizens — including, perhaps, illegal immigrants — in all municipal elections. And she’s not alone.

Meanwhile, New York state’s newly minted Education commissioner, MaryEllen Elia, champions licensing illegal immigrants to teach in New York’s public schools, as well as to practice 52 other regulated professions. Not that her views really matter, of course. The state Board of Regents just approved the change. (It’s a going-away present from Chancellor Merryl Tisch, soon to depart after seven years as felonious former Assembly speaker Shelly Silver’s hand-picked education czar.)

Yes Komrade !!

edit on Mar-06-2016 by xuenchen because: Sorosism at work

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If you think felon politicians are something new in America, you have not been studying its history. You can start by googling "XYZ Affair," then follow up with "Teapot Dome Scandal," "Tammany Hall," "Ulysses S. Grant," "Daley Machine," then go from there.

ETA: The United States Constitution does not establish who has a right to vote; that has largely been left to the states.
edit on 6-3-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't think there is a rise at all! They have been there doing these things by stealth for years! They are just getting so desperate because they are losing control and are just being more open about their actions.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Somebody named Melissa Mark-Viverito of the New York City Counsil wants to let "non-citizens" vote.

Here's a better idea for her...how about helping them to become actual tax paying citizens then they will be able to vote.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

ETA: The United States Constitution does not establish who has a right to vote; that has largely been left to the states.

Maybe so.

But where ?

Amendments ?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Please do some research on your own. The Constitution is not very long. If the State of New York wants to allow non-citizens to vote, there is nothing in the Constitution to prevent it. As for undocumented aliens paying taxes, they pay state and local taxes every time they buy something, and they sometimes work using false Social Security numbers, which means they are paying into the system without any chance of collecting benefits.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Of which they have NO right too whatsoever seeing as how they're not citizens. This illegal alien "rights" crap is absurd outside of general human rights that all deserve.

By the way, if you or I had a fake social security number we would be thrown in prison and fined to death...again, absurd.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Of which they have NO right too whatsoever seeing as how they're not citizens. This illegal alien "rights" crap is absurd outside of general human rights that all deserve.

Don't argue with me, argue with 250 years of Constitutional precedents. No state would ever permit non-citizens to vote, but if they did and it went to the Supreme Court, "State's Rights" might triumph over common sense, as it has in the past.

By the way, if you or I had a fake social security number we would be thrown in prison and fined to death...again, absurd.

Only if we got caught. I had a friend from Germany who worked for years on a fake Social Security number after her student visa expired. For some reason, no-one ever thought to ask a pale complexioned, blue eyed blonde woman if she had a green card.

new topics

top topics

join