It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz blasts establishment’s brokered convention ‘master plan’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ted Cruz is not interested in stopping Donald Trump’s rise to the Republican presidential nomination via a brokered convention.

“Any time you hear someone talking about a brokered convention, it is the Washington establishment in a fevered frenzy, they are really frustrated because all their chosen candidates, their golden children, the voters keep rejecting,” he told the crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday.

“They seized on this master plan. We go to a brokered convention, and the D.C. power brokers will drop someone in who is exactly to the liking of the Washington establishment. If that would happen, we will have a manifest revolt on our hands all across this country,” he said.
‘Beat Trump with voters!’ Cruz blasts establishment’s brokered convention ‘master plan’

There's confirmation that a real, genuine conspiracy is playing out right in front of our faces. At least Cruz isn't being called a "conspiracy theorist" for sharing his opinions on this matter. It's nice to see some good news for a change...

People can talk openly about conspiracy theories without being demonized. That's great, isn't it?

Meanwhile, the odds of a brokered convention keep climbing on PredictIt, it's at 46% now:

Will Republicans have a brokered convention in 2016?

Some are saying it's a virtual lock:

National Review: The Republican Nomination Will Be Decided at the Convention
edit on 5-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They do it, and they're done. Republicans are already stock pop-culture villains as it is, but after this, no one will ever trust a vote for them.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The Republican Establishment will support Hillary before Trump or Cruz.

A brokered convention assures a Trump Independent run and an assured victory for Hillary.

www.breitbart.com...

GOP Establishment Could Back Hillary if Trump or Cruz Wins Nomination

www.wnd.com...

Claim: GOP's secret plan to block Trump, even by electing Hillary
Establishment 'seeks to draft Romney if Rubio doesn't perform'

If Romney loses to Hillary in the general election, that’s fine with the GOP establishment,” Stone continued. “With Hillary as president, Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan keep their jobs as the congressional heads of the GOP and they actually have more power under a Democratic president, the lobbyists supporting the GOP stay put, and the globalists open-borders crowd in control of the GOP establishment remain in power within the party.”
“The GOP establishment knows that if Rubio or Romney win the nomination, the nomination will be worthless because the GOP will lose to Hillary in November,” Stone elaborated.

“But the GOP establishment is fine with that outcome because Hillary Clinton’s plans are the same plans the GOP leadership in Congress currently has,” he insisted. “The Democrats and the GOP in Congress both want to continue open borders, to introduce amnesty for the illegal immigrants already in the United States, to give the green light to the Trans-Pacific Partnership and ship more millions of jobs overseas, and to expand the welfare state and retain Obamacare, and to allow Goldman Sachs and their friends on Wall Street to make all the money they want to make.”

edit on 5-3-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I hope they do it. Maybe that will draw enough people to the Libertarian party to make it a serious contender

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It certainly lends credence to the idea that there aren't really two parties, just one big one with the stock "good guys" and the stock "villains." All of them playing the peasants for fools.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Gonna get real ugly in Cincinnati if this happens.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Impossible!

Cruz is the establishment! Why would he call them out?!

/sarcasm. Wonder what all those Trumpeters talking about how establishment Cruz is, will say to play this one off ?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Impossible!

Cruz is the establishment! Why would he call them out?!

/sarcasm. Wonder what all those Trumpeters talking about how establishment Cruz is, will say to play this one off ?

I think they like Cruz less than Trump. Trump is a wildcard, will he deal with them? While Cruz is already opposed them and has promised to continue to do so.

SUPER CRUZ DAY: Ted Cruz Dominates The Weekend
www.redstate.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The convention is actually in Cleveland which is still in Ohio, but nearly 5 hours away from Cincinnati. The Republicans want Ohio and Cincinnati nearly always goes Republican already as the South is the Conservative part of the state. The Liberals are all up in Cleveland so the Convention is there.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Are you a Cruz supporter then? And you believe he is against the establishment? How do you get around his wife being a Goldman Sachs person? How do you get around his proud meeting with Henry Kissinger?

I'm not attacking you really, I just want to know how these little tidbits mean nothing.

I'd like to believe...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: olaru12

The convention is actually in Cleveland which is still in Ohio, but nearly 5 hours away from Cincinnati. The Republicans want Ohio and Cincinnati nearly always goes Republican already as the South is the Conservative part of the state. The Liberals are all up in Cleveland so the Convention is there.

I stand corrected...thanks for the correction and the political breakdown.
edit on 5-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Cruz runs as a consistent Constitutional conservative, a man of unwavering principle who will not be silenced by the Republican establishment.

5 times Ted Cruz went to war with the Republican establishment
www.washingtonpost.com...

Ted Cruz Is the Real Deal
www.breitbart.com...

GOP senators warn of revolt should Cruz win nomination
www.cnn.com...

The Other Reason The Washington Elite Hate Ted Cruz: Ted Cruz could become the model for future freshman Senators.
thefederalist.com...

“The cadre of Republican lobbyists, operatives and elected officials based in Washington are much more unnerved by Mr. Cruz, a go-it-alone, hard-right crusader who campaigns against the political establishment and could curtail their influence and access, building his own Republican machine to essentially replace them… “Trump won’t do long-lasting damage to the G.O.P. coalition,” said John Feehery, a Capitol Hill aide turned lobbyist. “Cruz will.”

“I think the short answer is because everybody who knows him in the Senate, hates him. And I think hate is not, is not an exaggeration. The enmity which he wears on his sleeve as, with pride, is something that he’s now, you could almost say cultivated. To make him a freshman senator with no particular record into a national figure rallying everybody against the Washington cartel, you know Republicans in the Senate, in the House have been out there half of their lives, don’t appreciate being called essentially traitors to the cause of conservatism. And then you get antipathy and they will put that antipathy perhaps even over what’s best for the party.”

I would meet with Kissinger as well if I were him. Kissinger has been playing footsies with Putin for awhile and that information is priceless.
conservativeread.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

At this point, I don't understand why we have a Presidential election at all?

With all the rigging and voting machines tampering and the polls flipping votes, We The People do not get an honest election.

I thought that We The People were to cast ballots by voting to whom we want to be President, however that is not the case anymore.

No, the elite in Washington are the one's who select our Nominees. The Republican party keep changing rules every four years at the Conventions, and this should be illegal.

If the Republicans force a brokered convention, then they are finished. Their scheming, and plotting days will be over.

What I am witnessing right now as this election continues is how dirty and corrupt the Republican Party has become.

With that said if the Republican Party forces Trump to run as third Party, I will never vote again and I believe millions who are supporting Trump may do the same thing.

We The People don't have a voice or fair elections. How can the United States call it's self a democracy?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

At this point, I don't understand why we have a Presidential election at all?

With all the rigging and voting machines tampering and the polls flipping votes, We The People do not get an honest election.

I thought that We The People were to cast ballots by voting to whom we want to be President, however that is not the case anymore.

No, the elite in Washington are the one's who select our Nominees. The Republican party keep changing rules every four years at the Conventions, and this should be illegal.

If the Republicans force a brokered convention, then they are finished. Their scheming, and plotting days will be over.

What I am witnessing right now as this election continues is how dirty and corrupt the Republican Party has become.

With that said if the Republican Party forces Trump to run as third Party, I will never vote again and I believe millions who are supporting Trump may do the same thing.

We The People don't have a voice or fair elections. How can the United States call it's self a democracy?

Most American adults have probably seen the film "JFK." It's really sad that it didn't sink in. I believe that film showed everyone as clear of a look into the truth as has ever been given to the masses. Sure, back in the 1960s the elections were far, far more fair. But, that didn't really mean a thing if the person the people elected was too far out of line (so to speak).

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Interview with "Mr. X" Col Prouty

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I think Trump should run independent, with Sanders as his running mate. It may not seem to be a fit... But it could very well be a win. For them and the rest of us (until the bad guys behind the scenes destroy civilization in a fit of rage.)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ITS NOT A CONSPIRACY BECAUSE THEY ARE OPEN ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. THE "ESTABLISHMENT" IS 6 MEN, GINGRICH CLAIMED THAT TRUMP ISNT IN A SECRET SOCIETY TODAY.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Now thats an idea.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

If the party brass doesn't support either Trump or Cruz, whoever is the Peoples' choice, FULLY, Trump and Cruz may very well run together on a third party ticket and the GOP brass will face a nightmare scenario. That scenario is one in which neither Hillary nor Rubio win, but the third party run manages to garner Trump/Cruz support from both sides and they take the White House with a middle finger to both parties.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think whatever DC Wants, the public should do the exact OPPOSITE. If they try to steal the election, and change the nom, you could see riots all over the Country... People would revolt. Their Country stolen from them. Their VOTE stolen from them.

If you vote for Trump, and he wins, he should be President. End of Story.

He can't go nuts in office. There are checks and balances and he can't just push a red button and nuke someone.. NORAD and others must be backed up by a second.

The GOP is scared of Trump because he's not sold out to special interests. Why else would they be so upset and freaking out? Because he's crass? Come on...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Conspiracy research paints the Clintons as one of the most corrupt families in American history and I am loathe to vote for Hillary despite my beliefs swinging liberals in many areas. Even so, I would cast a vote for Hillary, shuddering all the way, if she was running against Ted Cruz. Not Trump! I know the orange one will swing towards the center, he's already started. He can change his mind about the wall, wave a magic wand, and his followers will praise him for his magnanimous compassionate wisdom. But Ted Cruz would be a nightmare the likes of which this country has never seen. I've never known a politician to be so universally hated, to so blatantly resembling a cheesy Hollywood villain.

This is the man who tells teary-eyed refugees to their faces that he would deport them, and as justification claims that he would deport himself if he were in the same situation, completely disregarding how thin the line is between their situation and that of his own family's situation in the not-so-distant past. Talk about pulling the ladder up behind you. Ted Cruz would cause so much suffering with so much insufferable and horrifyingly sincere smugness that I would actually get involved in politics to help stop him from ever having that power. And....

I HATE POLITICS
edit on 6-3-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join