It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Behaving Aircraft Over Moffett Field NASA/Federal Airfield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
They could have been calibrating the Instrument Landing System.

I agree! The FAA does calibrations routinely. I'm not sure if a Grumman G-4 is used for this but around here it's usually a King Air in FAA colors.

The F-15s are more than likely AFNG fulfilling their monthly flying quotas. Around here we see KC-135s, C-130s and F-16s from time to time around the CVG and DAY airports. We also see UH-60s but they are more rare than AF types. I think it's because they avoid the class "B" airspace. They fly at an extremely low or extremely high altitude unlike the AF types.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

When I was in the Navy they would use who ever was flying around including helicopters. Sounds like a good way to use the reservists getting their hour in.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Did you crew on the HH-3?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Yes, but it was the SH-3H. 1982-1987 Deployed on the USS Independence and USS Forrestal. The object hanging below the helo in my avatar is me, back when I was young and stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Yes, but it was the SH-3H. 1982-1987 Deployed on the USS Independence and USS Forrestal. The object hanging below the helo in my avatar is me, back when I was young and stupid.

We all do things when we were young and stupid.

I think the H-3 is a cool helo. It was large enough to be comfortable for the crew and had a range that made it comparable to light airplanes. I have only seen USAF HH-3s on the ground and was only able to stick my head in the door. It was one of the helos on my bucket list of aircraft I wanted to fly before I died. The SH-2 is another Navy types I wanted to fly. I was interested in the servo flap controlled rotor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join