It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders wins Kansas, Nebraska caucuses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders wins Kansas, Nebraska caucuses

8:35 p.m. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders wins the Kansas Democratic caucus, according to a state party announcement late Saturday.

The state's Democratic party announced the official victory in a tweet, congratulating the Vermont senator on drawing Kansas voters who were "feeling the Bern."

Ha! There you go.

Not much other commentary from me, except that Kansas isn't entirely bereft of thinkers.
There's been a push to recall Brownback for quite some time.

Wow. Color me relieved.

edit on 3/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Go Bernie. Let's not leave all the excitement to the Republicans.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You start a thread every time someone wins a primary or caucus? Goodness...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nope, just Kansas. I live here. I suffer here. I experience here.

That's why I care about this particular caucus.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is a different election cycle. You're going to see candidates "go deep". Stay in for the BIG states. It's going to be interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just five minutes or so ago you were implying Kansas had the most stupid voters in the galaxy practically....

Irony. Bet you ain't a fan, eh?

lol, messing with ya! Grats. Sorta.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: carewemust

Nope, just Kansas. I live here. I suffer here. I experience here.

That's why I care about this particular caucus.

Understood. At any rate, tomorrow night's debate between Hillary and Bernie should be a barn burner. One might even get angry, and make it entertaining.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Just goes to show you the divisiveness - and how the rural and ill-educated folks don't know what they're doing. They haven't learned from Brownback's failed experiment.

There are, however, educated people in Kansas. They just are not in the majority in the current legislature (or populace) of said state.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Maverick1

Just goes to show you the divisiveness - and how the rural and ill-educated folks don't know what they're doing. They haven't learned from Brownback's failed experiment.

Wow, could you have been more condescending and insulting? I know self described "rednecks" that understand quantum physics, engineering, etc WAY better than this university educated(urban) person.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What makes you think the "thinkers" are voting for sanders?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Did I say "rednecks"? (No, I did not.) My husband takes pride in being a "redneck."
He is very well educated, thanks for asking. He is also a bona fide non-Christian.

I didn't say "rednecks". Don't put words in my mouth, please.

I said ill-educated and rural.
There's a huge diff.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The implication was obvious. Nice try. Or are people that disagree with your stance automatically " ill-educated and rural. "?

Edit: I won't edit this post to make it say something it didn't say before. Wanna try that?

edit on 5-3-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The democrat elite always marginalize them and dismiss them as "low-information" rednecks in flyover states.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm going to choose to not respond further.
The point is that we (as a nation) are witnessing the epic battle between conservative Bible-thumping politics and educated free-thinking politics. I'm sure both are attempting to bring Kansas "up to speed" according to their own standards.

The fact remains - Brownback has been given the opportunity (elected twice - just like Obama) to prove his conservative experiment is workable. Turns out, it isn't.

It failed.
Fact.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Go Burnie !!

Anybody that makes Hillary swelter is OK with me.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Come on Trump.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It failed.

Dude(it's just a term), when you're right, you're right.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The point is that we (as a nation) are witnessing the epic battle between conservative Bible-thumping politics and educated free-thinking politics. I'm sure both are attempting to bring Kansas "up to speed" according to their own standards.

The fact remains - Brownback has been given the opportunity (elected twice - just like Obama) to prove his conservative experiment is workable. Turns out, it isn't.

It failed.
Fact.

Lol because religion and education are incompatible? I think you just had the most obtuse and ignorant back to back posts in the history of ATS. I'm sure your fellow progressives would be proud.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I'm sure your fellow progressives would be proud.

Isn't that sweet. I'm not a "progressive". Hell, I'm not American but I deal with logic. You might want to try that. It's effective dealing with partisan BS.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I think you just had the most obtuse and ignorant back to back posts in the history of ATS. I'm sure your fellow progressives would be proud.

So that's what you think.

Facts are facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join