It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Ever... Kentucky Caucus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Although Kentucky Republicans flocked to the sites of their first-ever presidential caucus on Saturday, the process had both a few hiccups and a few detractors.

At Lexington’s Lafayette High School, parking was scarce in the late morning, with voters parking on adjoining streets and then hiking into a site with a long wait time and “Disney World-style” winding lines. Waits of up to 30 minutes were common in the morning, though crowds thinned in the afternoon.

Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

Kentucky Republicans form long lines in first-ever presidential caucus

The first, in the recorded history of voting, the Kentucky Caucus was held today. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in a historic event for the state of Kentucky. The hours in which the caucus was held, was held during hours in which I work. Since it wasn't a general election, voting laws don't protect people like me.

At any rate, a huge number of Kentucky residents came out to exorcise their rights as voters in the United States of America.

“It took longer to park than it did to vote,” Paul Kowalski said.

Bruce Klobeke of Nicholasville was unhappy with his unsuccessful attempt to get to his caucus site at West Jessamine High School. At 10:30 a.m., the parking lot was full, people were parking on the grass and traffic was backed up about a quarter-mile waiting to get in, he said.

Read more here: www.kentucky.com...=cpy

Great job Kentuckians!!!!

Exorcise your right to vote! Keep up the good work! Now if only we, the people of Kentucky, would vote McConnell out...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As of 21:21 EST, Kentucky has Trump in the lead at 40.6%.

Kentucky Caucus Results

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The voting time could use some work. I tried, I really did. My husband said the waiting times this morning were awful. There should be 2 days of voting. Or, voting over a 24 hour period.

Yes, McConnell is a terrible person. Can't wait for him to go away.

edit on KAmerica/Chicago3310000002016-03-05T20:38:48-06:00k16Marpm by Kentuckymama because: Add thoughts

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They handle rattlesnakes and drink strychnine in churches in Kentucky. Just saying?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Makes you want to spend your next vacation here, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

join