It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verona,Italy to ban new kebab shops & other shops selling deep fried food

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No Chinese cuisine in Verona?
www.tripadvisor.com...

Did you bother reading the post?
"no new Restaurants"
"legislation will not be retrospective"

I expected better of your Phage, your hubris is catching up with you

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

make themselves some better authentic Chinese food themselves really easily

The Italians whilst enjoying eating out, they are also great cooks and prefer creating a lot of their meals from scratch. Its in the blood, Italy like Greece and France have some of the best crops/livestock around.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Were "ethnic" eatery fine until mid-eastern cuisine showed up?

Fair enough comment, who knows, I think the main reason is they want to keep their cultural/architectural heritage vibrant and alive, not diluted in a sea of PC and multi-culturism mediocrity.

legalinsurrection.com...

Another aspect of this decision and its appeal in other Italian cities is the economic importance of the tourist industry.

The Telegraph continues:

"Despite apparent growing demand for late-night kebabs, the city has been coordinating with the local diocese for years on a strict management plan to safeguard its Italian cultural values and traditions.

It is not alone. So-called “Unesco laws” are under consideration in a number of Italy’s top tourist destinations as local residents have become increasingly flustered by immigrant-run take-out eateries, service points and trinket shoppes they complain degrade their neighbourhoods."

I guess when you want to keep the tourism $ flowing in you have to have some form of uniqueness to make you stand out from other Italian or European cities.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nah, apparently the Chink food is okay, it's just that damn Muslim food they can't abide

Did you comprehend the quote...no new Chinese restaurants either.
So what are you baiting? But its ok for you to denigrate the Chinese

www.urbandictionary.com...

Chink is considered a racist term by Asian people. Chink is called to someone who is chinese

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Nothing beats driving through the Lombardy region, stopping often to partake of cellar door sampling & sales of wine, coupled with fresh baked bread, cheeses, salami, prosciutto, salsiccia (dry sausage) finished off with fresh fruit and espresso coffee.

When my Italian cousins visited Australia in the late 80's they saw we used artificial milkshake flavourings and commented politely that a cafe doing milkshakes in Italy using non-fresh pulp flavourings would have been shut down by the "health inspectors" or would have gone out of business. Ever had real Gelato made from real ingredients with no additives? Pure heaven.

I cant drink white wine for the same reason you mentioned. A red in small doses with pasta sits well with me. I think the hangover is mainly due to sulphites as you suggest but can be minimized by rehydrating with water in between glasses of wine. We really have to also start making our own mince (ground beef) as in OZ butchers use sulphates copiously. You buy non frozen mince and it has a "use by date" of about 10 days. Dead give-away as to the amount of preservative they chcuk in.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

total ban on Crab Juice?

sounds like a good idea, ban it

www.medicinenet.com...

Crabs: Slang for pubic lice, parasitic insects that can infest in the genital area of humans. Pubic lice are usually spread through sexual contact. Rarely, infestation can be spread through contact with an infested person's bed linens, towels, or clothes. The key symptom of pubic lice is itching in the genital area. Lice eggs (nits) or crawling lice can be seen with the naked eye.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yes.
Stop the kebabs before it's too late!

Keep it up, you're sinking to an all time low, skirting the "one liner post" rule, veering off topic...continuing to make the topic appear anti-racist, repeating middle east memes. Well done. Anyone who looks at your threads understands how little effort you put into non-science threads. At least your are transparent

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

thought aboutwhat you were eating. Still, never say never.

Personally I don't eat ground beef/mince whether in kebabs or even meatballs in pasta or fresh seafood when dining out. Just as a precaution. Who wants to spend 6 hours retching over or sitting on a toilet?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight well a donner kebab is lamb, so tuck in

edit on 6-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

It's not hard to understand why! Europe is going to protect themselves from invasion.

Doner kebabs are a threat to Europe?

If they shut all the kebab shops where else would us Brits go to have a fight after a session on the lash?

And if they banned deep fried food what would the Jocks do with their Mars bars?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
In a world becoming increasing bland and homogenized this is a breath of fresh air. Now if only us Aussies start taking the same approach we will truly begin to have a sense of history and pride; with the added benefit of showing that forced multi-culturism is an abysimal failure.

Isn't what the Verona authorities are trying, forced mono-culturism, just as bad? How are they going to define "ethnic"? Presumably "non-Italian", which will be bad news for any future purveyors of German cars, Dutch beer, Swedish furniture and American software.

No, they just don't want Chinese and Muslims, and I don't think they are trying too hard to disguise that. Strange, though, that the problem in Verona is one of immigrants working too hard. That's something you don't hear too often.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Who goes to Italy to eat mid east food?! lol!

Had a great squid ink linguini in Venice and drank at Harry's Bar, AT the bar. 30 euro's for a vodka and splash of blood orange.
Didn't have time to eat in Cipriani's, next time!

Best sandwich ever was at a truckstop, buffalo mozz and prosciutto on focaccia.
The foods at these places would put 90% of Italian resto's i've been in, to shame. And i've been in a lot in my 62 yrs.

I say good, keep em out.
We did see a mcD's outside the walls of the leaning tower of pisa.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When I was young we had lots of frituren in our city (frituur = a place where you can buy belgian fries)

note: the french did not invent fries, let me be clear on that !!

But now, 99% of those places are banned by our own government because it must be done in a building.
This market is now dominated by kebab restaurants, and since this is a popular student city, there is no time for service and you get your kebab/durum practically served cold.

So I am chill with Verona's decision to preserve their cultural heritage.

as it used to be
Two weeks ago we lost a famous icon, took his own life

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

well a donner kebab is lamb, so tuck in

Here in OZ, donner is usually ground beef/mince. I prefer the Greek Australian Yiros of sliced lamb fillets. Then again in Greece when you ask for a souvlaki its shaved pork in pitta bread. I've been spoilt with the taste of real lamb - get that mince away from me! hehe. Having said that if I'm forced to eat the mince ones I'd probably drown it in chili and tzatziki just to be on the safe side. I read somewhere in kebab heaven that chili is a great anti-bacterial (who knows?)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No, no , no...

The threads about Verona wishing to protect their uniqueness and banning new entrants from making ethnic food.

where else would us Brits go to have a fight after a session on the lash

Hmmmm?? back in the soccer stadium where you'll be right at home?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

No in fact, all existing restaurants can keep selling what they like. How is mono culturism a forced monoculturism. Culture by definition is mono. Why is wishing to preserve a unique identity that differentiates you from other cities "inherently bad"; hi- lighting their architecture, arts music history to grab a bigger slice of the tourist dollar.

Look I'm an immigrant like the Italians in Italy I do know what hard work means. The Italians like the Greeks are probably fed up having to fork out taxes to support an un-level playing field. In Athens a couple of years ago the Greek Neo fascists were going around smashing up "shanty town " shops set up by immigrants without licensing or paying fair wages to their employees. Why should they have to accept an unrealistic number of immigrants who dont play by the same rules.

Kebab shops are not that prevalent in Italy, I guess the market forces have sorted that out. You dont see new German Mercs or BMWs dumped at cheap prices into Italy. Brussels can rant and rave and set unrealistic immigrant numbers for Italy, what happens to those immigrants once they get their is totally left Italy to sort out. There is widespread unemployment is Europe if any one bothered to look.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If the majority had their say no Muslims would be allowed in any Non Muslim countries. Look at the polls, we don't want them. Go somewhere else. Why Muslims insist on going places they're not wanted?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Natenato

Stormfront, is that you?

There are a number of 'non-Muslim' countries where Muslims are welcome.
your post screams of someone coming from a position of easily-led and willful ignorance.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Easily led and willful ignorance seem contradictory. I am neither and likely own you in every element of this life except ATS stars and cuck encounters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join