It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclists Who Block Traffic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
One of my fav "jokes"

As drivers we hate pedestrians .. As pedestrians we hate drivers

But no matter what the mode we always hate cyclists

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
I don´t know about other regions but here, the most lights you can buy have three options, off, on, strobe (20 years ago with the then bigger red 7mm LED). Also, additionally to the strobelight at the back, I´d put another light on it that´s always on but "overstrobed" by the other light to not loose the effect.

Because in some situations, especially at night, it´s difficult to tell the speed and distance to the cyclist if there is just a small blinking light and nothing else. I´ve seen enough without (or dim) front light. I remember back in the days there were even reflector pads in the back of the pedals.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

My town has bike lanes and a 3 foot rule. I live in the town with the largest bicycling community in the country. Everyone gets along just fine. Motorists are actually quite kind to cyclists here and let them go first at 4 way stops every single time.

Sorry your guys towns are full of crappy people.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Here there is a crazy war going on between certain motorists and cyclists. There must have been a lot of brainwashing pushed on a lot of cyclists somehow. The drivers in my area are often dangerously thoughtless and careless, but only occasionally really aggressive or awkward. A much higher proportion of cyclists are deliberately awkward. This greatly increases the danger all cyclists face from angry drivers.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The latest killer driver. He'll be pleased with his new found fame.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Cyclists Who Block Traffic

Living near a college town, cyclists are pretty common. The city has bike lanes on many of the main avenues so that pedalists can pretty much make it from home to school in a fairly safe manner.

Unfortunately, there are rules broken daily... the main being riding side-by-side rather in a line. Even with designated bike lanes, side-by-side violates the solid white line, which is, by legal definition, telling drivers/riders not to cross. The local PD does request to be notified when this occurs but with bikes having no tags or way of firm identification, it goes for naught.

Yup, it's a headache.

S&F

edit on 8-3-2016 by redoubt because: spell correct

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join