It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclists Who Block Traffic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hear,hear on the commenters who dislike the annoying bicyclists.With that said there has been a bicyclist in my area that has died colliding with a car,and I'm surprised there hasn't been more..Imo,they are arrogant pests that don't realize what danger they cause..

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
maybe you would like this

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
.Imo,they are arrogant pests that don't realize what danger they cause..

Sometimes they are, but I have no wish to cause them harm. It's just that often they are their own worst enemies.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
I understand that for s people, cycling is the only mode of transportation, but these RECREATIONAL CYCLISTS NEED TO TAKE THEIR ASSES TO THE PARK.
There are people who need to get to work, school, appointments, and God forbid the ER.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Around me, cyclists ride in the lane on 45 mph roads, in heavy, but fast-moving traffic, when there are paths and sidewalks parallel to the street. They do so in rain and even snow.

It may be legal, but it's extremely stupid and dangerous, for them and for the vehicles.

I do notice most of them don't appear to be with commuters or exercise-driven. They're drunks without valid driver's licenses riding home with their morning 30-pack of ultra-low-quality "beer."

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

my one pet peeve with bikers, I am driving down the street they are to my right I have my right blinker on and I pass them, up ahead at the corner I start to do my right turn, they cross right in front of me and just keep going straight.

I saw them back there, but I have no way of knowing if they are turning or going straight....luckily I am driving slow and haven't hit anyone...apparently they think I am psychic and will know what they are going to do
edit on 5-3-2016 by research100 because: added do my right turn

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I know, and it's almost like they just assume I am impressed by $80 Spandex shorts and shaved legs bro.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Last time I saw one of those, he was under the back 'left' wheel of an F-150. Might have sympathized with his plight had he been under the right wheel. Maybe it was the 'right' wheel after all.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
(exasperated)

Here we unfortunately have some very nice but narrow two lane roads and it's inevitable you are going to come round a blind bend and damn near slam into one of those spandex-warriors. My biggest pet-peeve is I have yet in twenty-five years see one use hand signals at the intersection or even stop at the red lights or stop signs.

I don't mind they are "pulling parades" here or are exercising their rights to the road.

It's the whole you can't have it both ways thing. If you are going to use the road, the traffic laws apply to you too!
Grrrrrrr

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
how has no one posted this yet?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
All my friends are cyclists in London, I think after the tube bombings, cycling definitely became more popular.

The problem is London is not a very cycle friendly city. Famous for its big red buses and tank like black taxis. Not to mention aggressive drivers, every cyclist I know has had an accident or crash at some point. Much safer on the tube.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

We've just had a friends father injured here. Front mudguard knocked into the spokes, head first onto the road.

One sometimes thinks they should jolly well slow down and enjoy it more.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I live in South west England and cyclists are become a major issue. I have no issue when they respect drivers, ride in single file and give way to vehicles when necessary. But the vast majority of the time they do not and that is where trouble can brew. I believe if you are a serious rider then you should be made to do a half day course like the CBT in the uk which is the Compulsory basic training for anyone looking to ride a moped or motorcycle. Cyclist should be taught proper road etiquette and how to make yourself and the drivers around you safe. There also should be a small road tax for push bikes, say £10 a year as the vast majority of other road user have to pay a hell of a lot more to use the roads. Just my thoughts.
edit on 6-3-2016 by GnarlyDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
We should all work together.

Cyclists pull over.

Drivers leave a wide space and pass slower.

Cyclists be considerate.

Drivers be considerate.

This culture of deliberately annoying each other and posting it online is embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I don't get really angry very much. Waste of energy etc.

Two or three years ago a guy on a bike had me angry enough that, for a minute, I could have done something extremely violent - jail-time violent.

Rush hour traffic and he's riding slowly in the middle of the lane. No worries. Fair play. We weren't moving much so it wasn't like he was slowing anyone down. Anyway, a couple of minutes later and he slowed down so much that I beeped to let him know cars were behind him. The intention of the beep was 'Hey buddy, I just hit the brakes cos you slowed down. Be alert.' Friendly and no drama meant. A thumbs up sorta thing.

That SoB gave me the finger and then started speeding up and then slowing down to piss me off. It worked! He did this for about 500 yards and I was fit to explode. As I went one way and he went another, he looked over his shoulder and swore at me. I yelled, "You f***** t**t! I was trying to stop you from getting run over!!!'

If it wasn't a built-up area, I honestly think I could have knocked him off his bike and beaten him unconscious. The rage I felt was like no other. In my entire life, I've felt that angry maybe four or five times. Total arse of a guy.

It's like anything else in life, the fricken extremists are the ones we always remember. The ones that spoil things for anyone else and make us forget that the middle ground vastly outnumbers the bastards.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Way worse than those are these bell ends that cycle down the road the wrong way, against the traffic.

This is something I see here in the US all the time. When I lived in the UK not only would nobody be so #ing stupid the police would have charged them if they had.

It is pure ignorance and i for one if I manage it in time will roll down the window and scream at these idiotic bastards. A lot of the time you see this # at night too, with no lights on their bikes. It's like they don't even sell bicycle lamps here in America.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
All my friends are cyclists in London, I think after the tube bombings, cycling definitely became more popular.

The problem is London is not a very cycle friendly city. Famous for its big red buses and tank like black taxis. Not to mention aggressive drivers, every cyclist I know has had an accident or crash at some point. Much safer on the tube.

Cycling in London has increased a massive amount since about 2009.. People are becoming far more health conscious and as such TFL have invested a huge amount into the cycle infrastructure. Sadly this is causing its own issues as almost to many cyclist are using these routes during peak times but that is for another thread..

On to a few other comments in this thread, I can now see why western culture has a obesity issue with the hate being handed out..

In Asia if you ride a bike you get a thumbs up and a drink offered, In western society you are the lowest common denominator and thought of worse than a cockroach.. What culture has a weight issue!!!..

RA
edit on 6-3-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Cyclists, pedestrians, joggers...are ALL considered "traffic". All automobile and trucking traffic has to treat them as such. *

*ie: vehicle "traffic", pedestrian "traffic", recreational vehicle-device "traffic" etc, unless they are off the road and out of any designated or non-designated STREET lanes.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here stateside bikes have the right of way. You need permission( a drivers lisense) while riding a bike you do not. But bikes must obey the laws of the road. Some of our two lane roads have a bike option, that is if a bike is riding it it the bike may take up the entire lane. But that notice is painted on the roads. Otherwise you must let cars pass when able

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And as such they were blocking traffic. Traffic blocking traffic.

I have two horse drawn friends who I call 'Mr and Mrs Five Mile Tailback'. One time near Glastonbury a police car with lights on pulled in front of them. The policeman got out and angrily asked them if they realised they had a five mile tailback. You don't speak down to Mrs Five Mile Tailback. She angrily urged her horse on past his car and they continued with their two wagons, four horses, and a five mile tailback.

While I love them and appreciate what they're doing to maintain the rights of horses on the road, I do feel they could be a little more tactful.

Traffic blocking traffic.

edit on 7 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join