It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popup Button, "Quote from External source" before gaining access to read or post.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So, I have finally had my first real problem with ATS and thought Id post it and see if anyone else is having the same action happening.

When I go to read a thread or just coming here to post for example, I get the popup that you get when you wish to quote a article from a external source. The one that has you add the text. I need to click cancel about 6 times before it actually goes away and let me into wherever I was headed too.
It does freeze everything up until I do get it to disappear.

Just bringing this to the attention of the powers that be. Any idea to help would be wonderful

edit on 3/5/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Not having this issue. (carefully types…) Blocking pop ups?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
No I don't block them, never really had the need to on here. this really isn't a popup per say, it is what would come up if you were writing a post and wanted to add a external link. It is that thing you put the quote in. Just started doing it last night

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That's very odd, I've never seen that one before.

I wonder if you just have a cached page that's trying to load.

Clear your cookies and browser history and give it another whirl. IF that doesn't work, try another browser for fun

Lemme know how that works out.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Same thing happened to me earlier today 3 different times! I was just reading a thread and this thing pops up telling me I have to add more text. I don't remember if it was for a quote or what. I was just reading, not replying to anything. Then it had an option to check for the message to not return or something like that. I had to get out of it 3 different times. Never happened to me in all the years I've been here. I figured the tech guys must be playing around with something. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Just did again! For an external quote or something. What the...?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Clear your cookies and browser history and give it another whirl. IF that doesn't work, try another browser for fun

That didn't work for me. I'm not changing browsers as I am not having issues anywhere else. What the heck happened anyway?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sorry to be direct Night. You are always so kind to the fairies and pixies. You know what they are like.

Hell, some are just so clumsy, they drop stardust everywhere.

Get the vacuum out and do the computer, see if that helps. Stardust and electricity don't mix well. Never have.

Seriously, Try Ccleaner, it often gets rid off 'stuff' that clogs up the 'temp' folder in windows.

P

edit on 5/3/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Honestly don't have a clue!

Just figured I'd collect some examples and signal Mr.Overlord once we had a few troubleshooting steps done lol

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Windows 10, Firefox

No problem here as of yet.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah I'm always cleaning up my pc and did it yesterday for that matter, so don't think it is a cache problem. I always used to use ccleaner until I went to windows 10. Been waiting to see if they fixed it up a little better in the reviews. Also using Edge if that helps for browser info. Hated all the add ons Firefox started using. Got kind of cluttered with so much stuff inmho.

Glad someone else is having the problem though I'm not glad its Nightstar if that made sense! Wouldn't be happy for anyone to have the problem really, but even more cruel for it to be our house fairy

I usually read my threads from the "New" just to give another idea of my habits if it helps. It didn't do it this time though before I commented. Fingers crossed

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Rest assured, if Tenth is on it you will get results. He's helped me more times than I can count.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The issue you are experiencing is systemic, and the result of a "bug" in either the JavaScript or PHP scripting that is common to the system.

I've been seeing it for at least the past couple of days, and quite frankly, I'm surprised it is still there...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Nice to know what It was. Happy to report the problem seems to have solved itself though
Thanks folks

Ops, I spoke too soon, I still have the problem. Just wait it out?

edit on 3/6/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: tanka418

Nice to know what It was. Happy to report the problem seems to have solved itself though
Thanks folks

Ops, I spoke too soon, I still have the problem. Just wait it out?

Hahaha! Most of the day it was fine then a little while ago it started again. Darned pixies, pesky little buggers. I don't know what's going on, but hope it stops.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I have windows 10 too and use the edge browser. The pop up thingy says Above top secret needs more information and a box for text and it says quote from external source. It would pop up while I was just reading and now it was popping up when I went to edit a post. Then you click ok or cancel. Like you, I had to keep clicking cancel over and over.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Honestly don't have a clue!

Just figured I'd collect some examples and signal Mr.Overlord once we had a few troubleshooting steps done lol

Thanks! Hope it gets resolved somehow.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Swish and flick your wand whilst saying 'peskypixiepesternomi'.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Doing it for me on multiple devices, both running Windows 10.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It definitely happens on Edge, hasn't happened to me on chrome. There is an added bonus as well, when the pop-up happened to me, I quickly clicked out, without realising the box for not allowing additional scripts was ticked...result, no way to edit any posts with Edge for me.

I am back to chrome, Edge sucks...a lot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join