It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gets thumbs down at right-wing CPAC conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Ben Williams played bagpipes at the funeral of conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia last month. On Friday, the retired schoolteacher urged a Republican resurrection that would prevent Donald Trump from becoming the party flag bearer.

Trump, the celebrity billionaire who has enthralled and distressed the US political world, has qualities that would be “disastrous in a president,” Williams told AFP at the Conservative Political Action Conference, the country’s largest grassroots gathering for right-wing activists.

Arrogance, impetuosity and vulgarity, to name a few.

“For the right wing of the party, no” he is not conservative enough, said Williams, who, dressed in a kilt to honor Scottish American month, played his bagpipes for dignitaries and young activists alike.

It looks like the Conservatives have a good read on Donald Trump as simply pretending to be a conservative.

“I don’t think he’s on the conservative spectrum,” said Brent Tidwell, 29, a Young Republicans volunteer at CPAC.

“I think he saw there was a need and an interest in certain conservative ideas, and espoused them because they were convenient.”

Although Trump’s campaign explained his absence saying he was attending rallies in Kansas and Florida on Saturday ahead of primaries in those states, Roche had a different assessment for why he might have cancelled his CPAC appearance.

“He didn’t want to walk out on stage and get booed by almost everyone.”

So if Donald Trump can't count on the conservative vote....exactly who are the people that he counts on to continue his campaign? I don't know who they are but a 3rd party bid would be a good thing for the Trump and the Nation to diversify the process plus adding a little production value; Trump can afford with his billions to put on quite a show!!!

edit on 5-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Lol. Humanist mouthpiece Raw Story is now in cahoots with the GOP Establishment.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Lol. Humanist mouthpiece Raw Story is now in cahoots with the GOP Establishment.

That's off Topic....

How about commenting on CPAC's rejection of the Donald.

Or is it just to disturbing to even contemplate?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

On the contrary! You don't find it relevant that your source, a known progressive rag, shares the same position on Trump that CPAC does?

You don't find it the least bit disingenuous that they're joining CPAC in attacking him for not being conservative enough...

...when they absolutely hate everything that conservatism is?

It truly is comical.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Point is...it's the Republican party, NOT the conservative party. Meaningless, I'll cast my vote for Trump, anyway, screw the establishment

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Point is...it's the Republican party, NOT the conservative party. Meaningless, I'll cast my vote for Trump, anyway, screw the establishment

CPAC is the establishment? They are the most conservative entity in the US, and they just told Trump to get lost because he's not conservative enough. lol

cpac.conservative.org...

I agree with you "screw the establishment" but Trump is establishment even though he is running his mouth like a conservative. CPAC saw thru him.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
GOOD who here rolls out of church and goes to friggin CPAC with the abortion clinic murderers and the cannabis haters ?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The fact is..it's the Republican party..NOT the conservative party

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

The fact is..it's the Republican party..NOT the conservative party

Looks like without the GOP as conservative and the Tparty selling out to the GOP; you're SOL.

I hope Trump does go 3rd party. He's the most entertaining yahoo in the media.

He's about to sell you out you know?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Lol ..not me in the least. I laugh at all of you sheep. I just try to keep you shade dealers honest

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Lol I've never seen someone try to earn dollars nearly as obv iously as you

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, although I have no dog in this fight being English; with the senior members of the G.O.P publishing the open letter and Romney starting a rivalry with Trump, enough was enough.

I started to think the Donald was going to win the nomination.

It just goes to prove democracy doesn't exist. You will get the President the Establishment wants you to have.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't know why they even bothered with a conference this year. What does it even mean to be conservative anymore? Does America even know? Or is it a convenient label to slip on and off depending on the issue? Or who is running for Prez?
edit on 3/5/2016 by HoldMyBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
CPAC is meaningless unless a establishment stooge wins it. Didn't Ron Paul win it a few times and didn't the establishment declare it meaningless?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
CPAC is meaningless unless a establishment stooge wins it. Didn't Ron Paul win it a few times and didn't the establishment declare it meaningless?

It won't be meaningless when the Democrats use it as a talking point declaring Trump can't even get the support of conservatives in his own party....should he win the nomination.

Politics is a game of perception and it gives the perception that Trump is a charlatan...just like CPAC said.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What's more likely ....

That every single news organization , and person with half a bit of common sense is against Trump because they see him for what he is......

Or every single person and organization that doesn't like trump (which is most)are all getting paid by the GOP not to

stray from your Trump logic for like 10 min and just ponder this
edit on 3/5/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm of two minds about this.

On the one hand, I really, really don't want Trump myself. On the other hand, I really, really want to stick the entire political world with someone they really, really don't want.

If this were some video game I could watch, I would happily vote Trump just to enjoy the guilty pleasure, but since I have to live here too ... I am of two minds and my personal mind does not want President Trump.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Let's look at the very barebones logic of "Trump is an outsider" logic.

He wants to be (at least ostensibly) President of the United States, one of if not THE most potentially powerful political positions in the entire world.

He supported Mitt Romney in 2012.

"It's my honor, real honor, to endorse Mitt Romney," Trump said, with Romney and his wife standing nearby. Calling Romney "tough" and "smart," Trump said, "he's not going to continue to allow bad things to happen to this country."

CNN

He supported John McCain in 2008.

Real estate mogul Donald Trump is endorsing Sen. John McCain: “I’ve known him. I like him. I respect him. He’s a smart guy and I think he’s going to be a great president,” Trump said Wednesday night on CNN’s Larry King Live. “I endorse him.”

(He also stated that Sarah Palin was an "inspired choice" as VP Candidate.)

CNN

Here's what he said and did in regards to the 2000 race:

In the fall of 1999, Trump quit the Republican Party — “I really believe the Republicans are just too crazy right,” he said at the time — to join New York’s Independence party, the state’s version of the Reform Party.

“It’s a very great possibility that I will run,” he said, according to The New York Times, regarding the Reform Party’s 2000 presidential nomination. He ultimately opted against a campaign a few months later after saying he’d become convinced the Reform nominee couldn’t win. Had he run, he would’ve faced off against Pat Buchanan for the nomination. Suffice it to say, things could’ve gotten ugly.

“He’s a Hitler lover, I guess he’s an anti-Semite,” he said of Buchanan on Meet the Press. “He doesn’t like the blacks, he doesn’t like the gays.”

USA Today

So, in 2012, 2008 and 2000 Trump has been right in the middle of American politics ... to imply that he is an "outsider" is patently absurd.

edit on 6-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Link

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What's more likely ....

That every single news organization , and person with half a bit of common sense is against Trump because they see him for what he is......

Or every single person and organization that doesn't like trump (which is most)are all getting paid by the GOP not to

stray from your Trump logic for like 10 min and just ponder this

Well he has called all of them out on their BS so yes i can believe they hate him fo r pointing out their failures and mis dealings. I also think that since Trump cant be bought they are scared. They arent getting paid with money,but you can bet political favors are coming.

new topics

top topics

join