It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

I would have hoped ATS members checked stuff like this out. Obviously not.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
www.snopes.com...

That just verified what I have said, they are investigating why pork is being pulled from school canteens, kindergartens and soup kitchens. The claim is that it is to appease Muslin residents.

The talk of a ban is a misnomer. But they have been pulling it from menus and they are asking why.
edit on 8-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good grief where does this end? When I lived in Germany all of my friends were vegetarian, they were never treated to the spoilage these stupid dummkopf's are.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
WHERE are our German Members? What do they say? Does ATS no longer have boots on the ground and citizen journalists at large?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

www.snopes.com...

How's this not true? Nowhere did I say pork was banned completely, but venues were removing it from their offerings.

"WHAT'S TRUE: Politicians complained less pork was being served in Germany, diluting culinary cultural heritage.

WHAT'S FALSE: Germany banned pork in any way, shape, or form".

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

www.snopes.com...

What exactly are you trying to prove with that article?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

DEbunking Snopes

We can go round and round

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UnBreakable
You mean catering to the clientele? *gasp*

Why. Why. That's just plain...um...what's the word? Business.

Shameful. It's as if McDonald's started selling salads.

Not sure where you are from. But in my country McDonald's is actually selling salads. Isn't that ironic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Cast your ways aside for the superstitions of others.

Seems logical, would be asking to much to give them their own choice to refrain from eating it.

Its called tolerance.....but unfortunately its a one way street. Around here we call that a big ol bunch or bull s**t.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Lysergic
Cast your ways aside for the superstitions of others.

Seems logical, would be asking to much to give them their own choice to refrain from eating it.

Its called tolerance.....but unfortunately its a one way street. Around here we call that a big ol bunch or bull s**t.

Really? A one way street? Or just a few assholes making trouble?

I live in North London. LOTS of muslims around here and they all get on with everyone else and they serve me at sainsburys supermarket wearing a headscarf and have no trouble handling my beer or wine. And this is all over the place up here. No one has asked for pork to be removed from the shelves etc...

And it's the same with most muslims the world over.

But hey...Don't let the truth about things get it the way of your judgement.
edit on 9-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Yea generally not problem even here where they abound.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
What exactly are you trying to prove with that article?

Good question.

What I'm trying to prove here, is that there is no correlation, as implied by the OP and picked up on avidly by other members that the lack of pork on German menus is specifically to do with muslims or immigrants.

And I'm trying to prove that if all you read, quote and imply comes from right wing sources, then all you will get is a right-wing, anti muslim, anti immigrant agenda thrown at you, when in reality the majority of such stories are stretched out falsehoods that are shaped to the bias of the owner, editor or writer of the publication/website that they are derived from.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm having a VERY difficult time understanding why Europe, which has survived wars, plagues, and other constant upheaval, is laying down its sword to embrace usurpers hell-bent on its destruction.

The modern European must be a very different individual from his historical counterpart.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And did you actually read the article and its conclusion?

While it was true one or (at most) a few German politicians "bemoaned" what they believed was a disappearing presence of pork in school cafeterias, misleading headlines indicated that there was a "ban on pork". Finally, a number of Germans mocked the assertions as ludicrous and baseless.

The article is about misleading headlines about pork bans. They are right there is no pork ban.

This is their premise,

Origin:On 7 March 2016, British tabloid Express reported that some German cafes and schools were phasing out pork products. The headline ("GERMANY BANS SAUSAGES") naturally made some readers infer that the country had banned pork entirely.

edit on 9-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Yes.

Did you?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

SCHOOLS and canteens in Germany have BANNED pork from their menus over fears of offending Muslim migrants, a top politician has revealed. An increasing number of public canteens, child daycare centres and schools have stopped serving sausages, bacon and ham over religious considerations. Now members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s CDU party are fighting to keep pork on the menu, insisting the consumption of pork is part of German culture.

So what is not true about this?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

All of it.

Read the Snopes article that I linked.

Its obvious you haven't.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UnBreakable
You mean catering to the clientele? *gasp*

Why. Why. That's just plain...um...what's the word? Business.

Shameful. It's as if McDonald's started selling salads.

Not sure where you are from. But in my country McDonald's is actually selling salads. Isn't that ironic.

He knows. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to my previous statement.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You seem to have completely misinterpreted the article.

So you are saying that there are no schools in Germany that have taken pork of the menu because they decided to go halal, be it for financial or ideological reasons, and there are no CDU members(Merkel's party) concerning themselves with this?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Which part of the snopes article are you struggling with?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join