It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sceintist find 140 Trillion Times the water than is on the Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

It is interesting to me that it exists.

Water is pretty much everywhere; the Moon, Mars, interstellar space.
After all, all you have to do is burn hydrogen to get it.

What's really awesome though, is interstellar booze! Bible didn't tell you about that, did it?
mentalfloss.com...

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interstellar booze is the best booze.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I prefer mine to be of the brown variety. Oaken aged.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hmmmm....But what if you were to take a full cask, blast it up into space, and let it age there? Damn, now I want a drink.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Could it be that if this water has a liquid state and right temperature, it could hold living organisms within?

And would those large amounts of water have this spherical form just like we see in the ISS?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Help me to understand what the Publication says.

So the vapour is maintaining a 600 k plus temperature more or less, because the quasar continues to knock the Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms together creating more and more water vapour and it is heated by X-rays also given off by the quasar?

And there is an infrared pumping of the vapour as well.

edit on 5-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I heard one of the scientist explain that what they found on Mars was not really water but some sort of liquid acid. I forgot the name of the chemical he said it was.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There are large amounts of water on Mars. Frozen water. There is also water on the Moon. Frozen water. Comets contain water. Frozen water.

Liquid water is another matter.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes. Add energy to hydrogen and oxygen and you get water.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Aside from the lousy attempt to twist this into legitimizing the Bible, this is pretty interesting. It's not the first time we've discovered massive 'clouds' of water in space, though it is the largest such discovery yet.

You'll probably get a better response if you leave the Bible stuff out, next time, and just stick to the subject at hand. Religion has no place in the science and technology forum.

Oh yeah?

Then why is there beer in space?

Giant Cosmic Space Clouds of Beer

www.fermentarium.com...

Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There's a lot of speculation saying that if the Earth were ever invaded by extraterrestrials, that it would be for the liquid water. Being as how there are resources now discovered in the universe that swamp 20,000x over the resources of earth, is this still a likely scenario for an earth invasion?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

is this still a likely scenario for an earth invasion?

No. But...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Aside from the lousy attempt to twist this into legitimizing the Bible, this is pretty interesting. It's not the first time we've discovered massive 'clouds' of water in space, though it is the largest such discovery yet.

You'll probably get a better response if you leave the Bible stuff out, next time, and just stick to the subject at hand. Religion has no place in the science and technology forum.

I don't think it was a fit at all in this case, but your last sentence there is flat out wrong. The religions of the world are, for the most part, littered with science not only impressive for their time, but in some cases, for ours.

Most people just don't have the intelligence or experience to understand it. Actually, most are just blinded by their preconceived notions. That goes both ways (religion and science folks.) If they would realize the things they believe often go hand in hand with the proper understanding, they could probably both take each other further.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Kind of makes me wonder what, if any reason, aliens have visited Earth so far. Being as how water is that abundant in the universe, what possible objective could extraterrestrials have in regard to Earth?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
Domination.
Only possible conclusion.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

We are actually not clueless as to the origin of the universe nor clueless to the reason for existing. At least not me, and millions of others know these things. But I know what you really mean, and you are correct in it for the basics of what you said.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JustAnObservation

It is interesting to me that it exists.

Water is pretty much everywhere; the Moon, Mars, interstellar space.
After all, all you have to do is burn hydrogen to get it.

What's really awesome though, is interstellar booze! Bible didn't tell you about that, did it?
mentalfloss.com...

Why, given this news, has humanity not banded together as one, ceased all military spending, and dedicated the funds towards discovering a method of FTL travel? Accessing this much ultra-slow-fermented booze is clearly the most noble pursuit ever available to humanity.

How much carbon would we need to build a nanotube straw 10,000 light years long?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Kind of makes me wonder what, if any reason, aliens have visited Earth so far. Being as how water is that abundant in the universe, what possible objective could extraterrestrials have in regard to Earth?

Humans are interested in visiting Mars. If I were an alien, I'd probably take a quick hologram photo of Mars as I zipped past on my way to Earth. Minerals can be found all over the place, and with sufficiently advanced technology, any element or mineral can be assembled from any material. So an interstellar spacefaring alien race would likely never have any reason to harvest anything from us. Earth is interesting because it has life.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That's a lot of water. With a recent discovery of a much more efficient process to change salt water to fresh water, I doubt we will need it for a long long time. I do not know if anyone posted anything about the new process I read about the other day.

The new process efficiently converts salt water to fresh using some battery tech.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire recycle it like all water, or atmospheric water generators. the drama is water has a cost..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join