It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sceintist find 140 Trillion Times the water than is on the Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I guess, if you insist on posting random thoughts.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

all related to water.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So is drivel.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

This is why it is dangerous (imho) to close your mind off to subjects in reality, especially regarding the universe...

Nicely said!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
here is what Cornell University has to say on the subject

We present the rest-frame 200--320 mm spectrum of the z=3.91 quasar apm, obtained with Z-Spec at the Caltech Submillimeter Observatory. In addition to the jeight to jthirteen CO rotational transitions which dominate the CO cooling, we find six transitions of water originating at energy levels ranging up to 643 K. Most are first detections at high redshift, and we have confirmed one transition with CARMA. The CO cooling is well-described by our XDR model, assuming L1−100keV∼1×1046ergs−1, and that the gas is distributed over a 550-pc sizescale, per the now-favored μ=4 lensing model. The total observed cooling in water corresponds to 6.5×109 ls, comparable to that of CO. We compare the water spectrum with that of Mrk 231, finding that the intensity ratios among the high-lying lines are similar, but with a total luminosity scaled up by a factor of ∼50. Using this scaling, we estimate an average water abundance relative to hh of 1.4×10−7, a good match to the prediction of the chemical network in the XDR model. As with Mrk 231, the high-lying water transitions are excited radiatively via absorption in the rest-frame far-infrared, and we show that the powerful dust continuum in apm is more than sufficient to pump this massive reservoir of warm water vapor.
arxiv.org...

It is warm water which is very interesting.

You can read teh full transcript here www.researchgate.net...
edit on 5-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Sremmos80
Who knows maybe the guys at CERN can collides some hydrogen and oxygen together and make water.

No need for CERN.
Get a match and a bottle of hydrogen.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yeah but you are not actually making water you are just releasing it.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It is warm water which is very interesting.
It's water vapor.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

yeah but you are not actually making water you are just releasing it.

No. You are combining hydrogen and oxygen, making water.
It is a chemical reaction, not a nuclear reaction.

edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It is water VAPOR. I expect it to be relatively warm in order for it to be in that state.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

643ºK is rather warm.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh Yeah so it owuld be warm. Makes sense.

Is it because of the quasar that it is not boiling and then Disublates like it does in our solar system?

edit on 5-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Is it because of the quasar that it is not boiling and then Disublates like it does in our solar system?

It is not liquid water. It is water vapor.
Water vapor is a gas. Water vapor does not boil.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You still had to 1 up me right, even though we said the same thing. Lol.

But you are right, I am not sure why I used the word "relatively".

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Water should be abundant, the most abundant element is Hydrogen, thats halfway to water.

Thing is is it liquid and potable…

I would not doubt one bit if this is one of those fountains of water.

I think the reference in the bible to fountains of water refers to the enormous subsurface reservoirs deep in the earth.

The ones that 'spring up' and flood the world every time there is a huge impactor event.

The Big Flush, or something like that

nah. the verses set this before the creation of the earth. There is additional support where Job is being given a coache's pep talk by God when he is about to fall to his troubles at the hands of Samael the accuser.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Does this mean that the space surrounding this vapor is hot/warm?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Meaningless question.
Space has no temperature.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.fastcompany.com...

Scientists have found the biggest and oldest reservoir of water ever—so large and so old, it’s almost impossible to describe.

The water is out in space, a place we used to think of as desolate and desert dry, but it's turning out to be pretty lush.

Researchers found a lake of water so large that it could provide each person on Earth an entire planet’s worth of water—20,000 times over. Yes, so much water out there in space that it could supply each one of us all the water on Earth—Niagara Falls, the Pacific Ocean, the polar ice caps, the puddle in the bottom of the canoe you forgot to flip over—20,000 times over.

The water is in a cloud around a huge black hole that is in the process of sucking in matter and spraying out energy (such an active black hole is called a quasar), and the waves of energy the black hole releases make water by literally knocking hydrogen and oxygen atoms together.

This quasar is literally pumping out water vapor at a fantastic rate I am sure it will get more massive.

But when I read this article I was blown away. then I remember the Bible mentions God at some time after the beginning of his way there were fountains of water.

Prov 8:22-24 ¶ The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
I would not doubt one bit if this is one of those fountains of water.

Or a thought I had:

Genesis 1:6
God said, "let there be a dome in the middle of the water; let it divide the water from the water." God made the dome and divided the water under the dome from the water above the dome; that is how it was," and God called the dome Sky.

But either way, fascinating! Thank you for posting this.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Does this mean that the space surrounding this vapor is hot/warm?

Space is a vacuum. It has no temperature. Any objects or gases in that space are likely incredibly hot, but not space itself.

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
Or a thought I had:

So what is it? All you posted was a Bible verse that has no bearing on the topic at hand.
edit on 3/5/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Perhaps in your opinion, but I thought the OP would understand my meaning and possibly find the verse interesting in light of the article. My thought was literally that verse; this article reminded me of it. I always wondered about the water "above the sky." It is interesting to me that it exists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join