It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Seniors Charged With Hazing Freshman on 'No Gay Thursday'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
More "higher than thou" jocks, up to no good and regular bullying. This time they violate a younger player, a 14 yr old. The attackers will not be charged as adults. Me thinks they need to spend time in a cell w/Bubba T, ..........

The article does not menation whether the 14 yr old is gay, that is neither here or there..

This is the sickening part (as if being raped by a broom handle isn't enough) . Interesting, you never hear these stories with golf teams, band members, always seems to be these dammed football jocks!

"No Gay Thursdays" was a tradition started by the football team at least three or four years ago, in which behavior the team normally considered to be "gay" was considered "not gay" on Thursdays, Hogan said.

Older players would come up behind younger players and put their genitals atop the younger players' heads, among other sexually explicit or suggestive acts, the prosecutor said.

BERWYN, Pa. — Three senior football players at a suburban Philadelphia high school have been charged with assaulting a freshman with a broom handle on what the team called "No Gay Thursday," a prosecutor announced Friday.

Three 17-year-old students at Conestoga High School held down a 14-year-old boy on Oct. 15 and penetrated him with the broom handle while he screamed, Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said.

After the charges were announced, longtime head football coach John Vogan was suspended from all coaching duties pending the outcome of an investigation by the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District.

, , , , L I N K

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

"No Gay Thursdays" was a tradition started by the football team at least three or four years ago, in which behavior the team normally considered to be "gay" was considered "not gay" on Thursdays, Hogan said.

I think this shows again that some of the biggest homophobes are pretty gay themselves.

'Not gay Thursday'. Too funny. The probably have 'Not racist Monday' as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

In this event, "No Gay Thursday" should be followed by "behind bars on Friday".

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
In this event, "No Gay Thursday" should be followed by "behind bars on Friday".

Which I think would be followed by 'Really, really gay Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc.'

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Is it me, or is this assault with a weapon and rape? And why are these little sh** stains not in jail?

Authorities said the assault occurred after underclassmen were told to strip to their underwear and clean the team locker room

So the sight of a bunch of boys running around in their underwear drove them wild?
Hmmm. Just, hmmmm.

There is no evidence the coaching staff was aware of the assault on the 14-year-old or the team's hazing culture

BULLSH**!!!!!
I played football in high school and my son did too. The coaches know what's going on in the locker room. Some just turn their head when the hazing starts. Hurt one of their "star" players and see how fast they notice.
[ Yeah...there's a story behind that ]

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I whole heartedly agree...these little bons of sitches should be in jail.

BULLSH**!!!!!
I played football in high school and my son did too. The coaches know what's going on in the locker room. Some just turn their head when the hazing starts. Hurt one of their "star" players and see how fast they notice.
[ Yeah...there's a story behind that ]

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So your idea of punishment is

they need to spend time in a cell w/Bubba

There is a better solution-a public apology and and admittance of the crime. That way the whole school and the community can frown upon the perps like they did with the victim .

Or they can settle it in the playground-A softball team mate of mine was chastised for playing a 'gay' sport-he gave the bully a hiding-I guess softball isn't so 'soft' after all.

edit on 5-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Or they can settle it in the playground-A softball team mate of mine was chastised for playing a 'gay' sport-he gave the bully a hiding-I guess softball isn't so 'soft' after all.

So you want the 14 year old to fight the three 17 year olds as 'justice'? How about we let the courts handle this.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I admit that was a poor example. I guess they get to wait until their captain crew cut fathers come home and introduce them to the belt-not because they picked on a gay but because they got caught.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I think this shows again that some of the biggest homophobes are pretty gay themselves.

'Not gay Thursday'. Too funny. The probably have 'Not racist Monday' as well.

Reminds one of an episode of South Park.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I admit that was a poor example. I guess they get to wait until their captain crew cut fathers come home and introduce them to the belt-not because they picked on a gay but because they got caught.

I do not even think the kid they raped was gay. They just did it on a Thursday because Thursdays magically nullify your gay actions and make them kewl.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'm ok for hazing to a degree..can't be so offensive...hazing is part of moving up the ladder whether it's being the new staff at work that has to do the coffee runs or the new employee that gets all the crappy assignments...

Sometimes subtle but it's always there...I wonder what the parents say...they should be going to highschools for community service acknowledging the errors of their ways...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There's something about a law suite filed against the 3 players parents individually, the coach, the school administration and the school board system that will get their attention. That wasn't hazing...that was Rape!

Lawyer up.....

edit on 5-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
The worst rape IMO.
Wooden object inserted in a place isn't made for that.
Lawsuit isn't enough.
People need jail time and some serious psychotherapy.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not gay Thursday sounds pretty gay to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hazing is a crime in Pennsylvania, but it applies only to colleges, not high schools. Hogan said he would have considered charging other Conestoga football players with hazing had the charge been available to him.

The people who write your legislation everyone; a round of applause, please.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The fact that these three would resort to something so physically damaging to make their sexual attraction toward male children seem like it's just a d-baggy prank is disturbing.

I really think they should be charged with child molestation, and their remaining lives ruined by the stigma.

top topics

join