It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone still play board games?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Does yahtzee count?

We also play this nasty game called words against humanity. It's a card game.
And we play rummy sometimes.
LOL auto correct changed rummy to crummy.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I love backgammon but no one really plays anymore. I play the computer but the computer doesn't get my happy dance when I get a gammon. .

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

English monopoly?
Funny enough our version is Atlantic city. Park place, boardwalk etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Mouse trap simple? Maybe after you get all the booby traps set up . We only played a few times because that bath tub would never stay up.
I remember a board game that was made lifesize for a sat morning tv show but for the life of me can't remember the name but it was obstacles similar to mouse trap.
edit on 352016 by Sillyolme because: Had to add booby to the dictionary. Lol

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

We used to play a board game called the dark tower (not related to Stephen Kings dark tower.) You moved around fighting briggands but you had to buy food and magic stuff. It was the early eighties.
We also had a Harry potter Daigon alley game where you had to move around Daigon alley getting supplies for Hogwarts like wands and cauldrons. We played with our youngest who is twenty now.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Cards Against Humanity? I forgot that one! I love that game so much!

It's the only way to get a real stick in the mud to say something truly earthy, or for that matter, entirely horrific. I have rarely laughed as hard when playing a card game, as I have while engaged in a game of Cards Against Humanity!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Monsieur Neary

Reminds me of a game we played in the sixties called mystery date. You had to collect the cards associated with a date like a swim suit a blanket a beach ball for a date at the beach or a prom dress shoes gloves etc for a prom date. Then when you have all the cards for a particular date you opened a door with a bunch of different guys on card stock behind the door and you won if the guy matched your date cards. So a guy in a bathing suit or a tuxedo or bowling gear. Totally a chick game.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh I know sometimes I can't even manage to be appalled enough at the combinations. Truly nasty and hilarious at the same time.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I guess we miss seeing the face of defeat across the table. The computer seldom pitches a fit if you beat it lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yes! We try to have family "game night " at least once a month. Monopoly, Payday, Scrabble, Catan, Scattergories, Chess/Checkers (depending whose playing), Boure or other card games. Everyone has a good time.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Still enjoy Hero's Quest today, My son started me on that game when ye was very young, We still play today and he is about to turn 40 with the grandchildren. (not tellin my age)
Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Cards Against Humanity is hilarious but not for kids, I don't think. I'm going to look into Concept that someone mentioned. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Much better to sit around the table with potato chip crumbs all over everything good beer and good friends then logging in to play a silly avatar.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Oh no certainly not for kids. This is for when the kids spend the night at grandma's house .

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Why just those? I've always loved strategy games. The thicker the rule book is, the better I love 'em! When I was in high school and college I used to hang out with people whose idea of an awesome Friday and Saturday night was to clear off the table and spread out of the game. Sometimes, it was P&P RPGs, but often it was cards or board games too.

Then everyone chipped in for takeout and sometimes there was BYOB.

It kept us from barhopping and it was cheaper and we all had a really good time.

And my family has always been the gaming sort. Every year at Christmas we break out the board and card games. My grandmother really loved her Call Your Partner Rook. The current family favorite is a board/card hybrid called Pegs and Jokers. We also play a lot of party style games that need boards, and our son is into the old school kids games now that all need boards.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
we play board games quite a bit.

upwards
backgammon
sequence
chess (newbie)

our parents used to play with us when we were little. clue was my favorite! good memories

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I recently taught my daughter how to play and win at backgammon. She is mathematically inclined which helps tremendously in winning - and she did beat me in all five games we played.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I love boardgames! There are some really good ones!
Check out dark, darker, darkest! Or arkham horror. Or Munchkin!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

My first boyfriend who was a post grad was into board games, and we used to play one at least twice a week. I remember three of note, Ticket to ride, One about hunting Dracula which I can't remember the name of, and my favourite was a card exchange game about crops, which again for the life of me i can't remember... i am now going to have to ask him of google it.(My brain just popped the answer into my conscious, it was clearly filed under somewhere bizarre the game was called 'Bean Bonanza' and it is awesome)

But I enjoyed them, and do think about bringing it back into my life...

edit on 5/3/2016 by MrsNonSpecific because: Bean Bonanza!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Pandemic is fun if you got at least 3 people to play with.

www.zmangames.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join