It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about anything

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

We have a dual spirit. A dual nature.

Think of the epic of Gilgamesh. His hunger for eternal life out of fear of mortal dearth causes him to destroy what he first fought against and then aligned himself with in perfect balance...his savage and wild pure other half.

Then he surrenders to his fate in his anguish after seeing his strong and beautiful side die, then more so after the truth of his fools errand is revealed, thus discovering the true satisfaction of his temporal existence that comes from the only real loss ...the loss of the fear of death.....true eternal life in mind.

edit on 3 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Interesting, because now that my country is free to provide physician-assisted death my fear of 'how' I die (not of death) has dissipated. Maybe there is a spiritual shift happening within societies, hopefully veering away from what the few elitists (dictators) misguided decisions.
edit on 5-3-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Interesting, because now that my country is free to provide physician-assisted death my fear of 'how' I die (not of death) has dissipated. Maybe there is a spiritual shift happening within societies, hopefully veering away from the few elitists (dictators) misguided decisions.

www.sparknotes.com...

edit on 5-3-2016 by InTheLight because: added interesting link

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. It does seem that you understand the basics.

What I say is this:

"The purpose of religion is to keep people broken. A broken person can exorcise no power and is easily manipulated or controlled."

The world's control loops, which include religion, but also include government and economics all utilize similar strategies. For example, a con man will always lead with their weakness. Used Car Salesmen might call themselves "Honest Abe" for example; and religions are always about "eternal truths". Lowering taxes on the wealthy will OBVIOUSLY put money in the pockets of the poor. Etc. Etc. "As Above, so Below" is one of the biggest lies ever spoken (It's really As Below, so Above) etc. etc.

You might like my blog.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I cant tell you. You have seen something familiar, perhaps a detail of thought that you yourself use as a way point along your path of self discovery. Maybe the underlying nuance of what we are saying, maybe the words and letters of the story.

Maybe you are amazed at our ability to fool ourselves with dark logic as we circle about each others mind on our approach into the void of nothingness.

The symbology....

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yeah man, thanks. Also, send me a PM with a link.

I see your point. I am not focusing on the control aspect of "the city", the military might of DC, the financial control of London or the spiritual control of the Vatican.

I am more focusing on the root of all, which was set of religious belief systems that enthroned, punished, and decreed peoples fates...that is based on spiritual retardation.

A free and powerful spirit can not be -

-truly militarily conquered for long, since strength to endure and rise again flow from our hearts and into our weapons

-financially broken for long, since strength finds its way into their backs ability to create more wealth,

-or swayed in thought to enthrone, punish or judge......since spirituality wishes to share the source so as to find the source and strengthen that connection, not impose a "way" so as to maintain supremacy in it.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yup. That is my focus too.

I'm writing a book on that very subject---that's why I asked about what you knew.

My blog is in my signature line..

You might also enjoy this thread that was hidden in "chat":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And FYI, I didn't ask the question for "marketing reasons"; I've seen some of your
posts and liked them. I also plan on interacting with you on some of your other
answers in this post of yours.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

On this point---

I'd much rather that say Mirageman was given an AMA, or various other members; I think that they know far more than "celebrities" who get AMA's and don't seem to know much of anything. It's all about driving traffic I guess.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think he failed us by selling our infrastructure and our industry to robber barons not even limited to AMERICAN robber barons.

He did have a positive effect, though it was only psychological. The real effect he had is that he destroyed the middle class for the next 100 years.

I knew a friend of the family of the Reagan's in the 90's. This person told me that Reagan had Alzheimer's, and it was known before he even ran for office that he had Alzheimer's. This is very telling.

If you look at most of our presidents, I'd say that you can see they were chosen for being easily controlled more than anything. Also, our "2 party system" which is really a '1 party system" seems designed to keep things in permanent gridlock, so that the blokes with piles of cash can keep us all in an eternal control loop.. where they endlessly feed upon us and the Earth, to make themselves richer, as the primary motivation.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

Yes, they are us and they do almost nothing but watch. They are the watchers, the IGIGI,

en.wikipedia.org...

They have always been watching. They are not supposed to interfere, but rather guide. They dont like the fact that their destiny is linked to ours, as we kind of suck, and so they are not good referees. They place bets and have their own players now. Like referee rouge teams making everyone lose.

I dont think they are very nice.

Ah.. but which came first? The Worshiper or the "god"?

This question can be answered historically by multiple modalities. But I'd rather see you stretch your mind and answer.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Is the underlying question about free will?

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

I think the entire planet has a central UFO base with outlets in several locations on earth. They could probably change them if they do have a way to make rock turn to putty using resonance.

What I do think is in the grand canyon is an old fall out shelter the "ant people" the Hopi talked about or "robotic greys" used to keep some humans safe during a massive cataclysm so as to breed and work to rebuild. Maybe they used us for labor and tribute so they always keep some of us around no matter what happens.

Maybe they are not robotic greys, but they wear a space suit that makes them look like ants.

Since only about 5% of the Universe is composed of regular matter and energy (the rest being "dark" matter and energy) would you say that "UFOs" and "UFO bases" would statistically be more likely to be composed of "regular matter" or of the other "95%"; especially given the mirage-like nature of "UFOs" ?

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car know he was there?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: EightTF3

She is a criminal. She has done too many things to get to power that now disqualify her as being a worthy candidate.

On the bright side, if she were to establish a criminal syndicate with its hands in everything, she would be the global queen of the underworld.

She is tough as nails though. THAT is a woman with two ovaries well in place. Still, very scary.

What is the percentage chance of being a successful, national stage politician and NOT be a criminal? What's better? A very weak leader who is honest, or a very strong leader who is a crook?

Look what happened when Sadam Hussein was removed!

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

I cant tell you. You have seen something familiar, perhaps a detail of thought that you yourself use as a way point along your path of self discovery. Maybe the underlying nuance of what we are saying, maybe the words and letters of the story.

Maybe you are amazed at our ability to fool ourselves with dark logic as we circle about each others mind on our approach into the void of nothingness.

The symbology....

Indeed the symbology.
And all of the above maybe.

The Ouroboros used in a graphic to convey something almost impossible to put into words.
Was it even my creation or is it it's own thing, using me and others for it's own ends? Can these cycles even be broken and if they can be, do we really want to?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Where did you get your avatar and how can others get a cool one like yours?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The god came first then the pretender.

www.gatewaystobabylon.com...

The messenger dispatched by Anu, that was never actually dispatched, that intervened to keep us, in wisdom, so as to protect all from loss.

There are others, but to me they are permutations of this original idea.

An angel, a messenger, indicative of more than the message, indicative of the source of the dispatch.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Only if there is someone to ask, If not there is no free will, only existence in instinct.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My room mate drills me on this all the time. He is big on free will, or was big on the lack there of ,he was a nihilist for a while and now finds it all very funny.

We only have free will when we learn what such a thing is.

If there is no one else to stop you, then there is no free will, there is only existence. Free will manifests itself, or rather defines itself against the imposition of others.

We have the potential for more, that goes beyond choice, but that is near the spiritual realm of our inner minds. Our deep mind. Once you know that there is nothing but existence, even among many people imposing. Thats when you have true power of choice and will.

Nothing is all predetermined.

If "everything" in the Universe had free will---they all got a vote---

then would we have USABLE free will?

All the interacting wills would cancel each other out, until only the group decision would hold sway.

Thus we would have individual free will, in a manner of speaking, but it would all look fairly predestined.

And remember, something like 99.9% of human thought and behavior is directly driven by our unconscious minds.. which will "us" does not feel like us.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I think they exist in a state of flux. Material science has limits, any civilization would face these same limitations in constructing a flying boat.

The nature of how this matter compromising the hull, be it made of metal, water, or whatever, passes through the physical world indicates that it is not entirely within a physical world.

It can be that matter can be moved between states of its material expression here and a form of energy in an alternate state elsewhere, still corresponding to specific points of reemergence here or there.

They dont travel as much as appear. Like a fish jumping out of water to catch a fly. The fish still travels through sea and then air, but we only perceive the path above the water, half the journey or less. It has scales and not feathers like birds we know fly. Its confusing since we see it only when in the air above the water....but we will never know for sure unless we can follow it into the sea...or lure it above the water with a fly so as to catch it, and see.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join