It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about anything

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well lets take it to game theory.

We are all mostly trying to create non zero sumness in our interactions. In the absence of competing or correlating forces, there is but one force (you) and only your own perceived gain. You do not gain more and never lose more.

When there is another force imposing his survival, then you need work together to both gain while worrying about not losing so as to maintain that equally beneficial relationship.

If free will manifests itself you can CHOOSE to fool the guy teaching you where the best fish are, and send him looking for berries where there are none.

OR you can choose to tell him where the berries are and never ask where to fish.

THAT is freewill, the ability to defy instinct and survival for what ever reason you CHOOSE.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Mountains or beach?

Cats or dogs?

What is your earliest memory?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

At least its not Polish Muslim flashlights. They would be solar powered and you would not want to buy them.
edit on 3 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I hear it was all a Wunderwaffe program he was the lead test subject in. The end result is the musical assault drone designated Justin Beiber in operation paper clip dick.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Mountains.

Dogs.

My great grandfather feeding me corn out of can when I was 2ish and yelling at my great grandmother to get him more. We were in my grandmothers house in the basement apartment they lived in , in a 70s style kitchen....we were happy and it was great.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I think it plays out more like fluid dynamics. A coalescing flow of this into that and that into this in perfect order and synchronization so large and small we perceive it as chaos.

It is really order. We are never outside in or inside out. We are a doughnut.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Question, im designing a mine drift for stope access 26 level. Two 11 yard scoops will be simultaneously mucking from the ore pass together.
Im trying to figure out the best bolting pattern for a 15 m wide by 5 m high back for the double lane. I was thinking of going the usual 5 x 5 pattern with mid overlap on either side. But using 12 ft rebar and dome plates.
But then i was considering the span in the ore pass access which will make the intersection even bigger - 21 m across! . If i change the bolting pattern to a tighter 3 x 3 with 11 ft rebar, will that be enough to safely secure the intersection?
Or should i still recommend Shotcret and screen to the sill?
Peoples lives are at risk here dont forget, so you might want to sleep on that one.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Redundancy is dangerous when reinforcing structural integrity.

The close bolts might do it but the end weight might compromise the frame since you would have to place many more to do the same job a wider 5×5 spread might accomplish.

Perhaps you could use a combination of 3×3 bolts and light weight Shotcret with screens and simply place them according to design. Where weight is not an issue use the 3×3 bolts, where it could cause a catastrophic failure use light weight Shotcret under the screens to the sill. Or a stronger mix of Shotcret in a thinner coat. Is

Just off the top of my head.

I love this thread so far.
Thank you everyone. Worth it.

EDIT TO ADD:
There are new formulas for lighter and stronger shotcret. They use a Polyamide Fiber which is better than graphene or steel fibers mixed in. Get your boss to get on that ASAP.

www.mdpi.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

LOL, tadaman...you are such a rebel. Don't always agree but have much respect.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Nothing but love. Doing what comes natural baby

Respect back at you. I think you are kick ass.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Gah I can't sleep and opened another earth beer so..

Where does your signature come from or how did you come to those conclusions?

I grok it and I like it a lot just curiouser and curiouser...

Mine comes from a love who gets me at the deepest level.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Unfortunately weight is an issue... 5200 meters of rock between surface and down to 26 level.
I think were gonna have to tighten the pattern, 11 ft rebar, shotcrete and use reinforced screen in the intersection and add cable bolts to see if the back is holding. Dome plates as well. We might even need strapping. The rock has been hit over and over in that area, so lots of fracture.
But i do want to thank you for answering the question lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

welp,

I made it when trying to define my spiritual beliefs so as to offer something up if ever I challenge religion so as to answer the problem with religion as I see with it.

I am not a fan of dogma or the codification of thought in a religious sense. I do not support religion of any type beyond an academic point of view and a passing philosophical interpretation.

I feel that the original message of Christ as first offered was valid in a modern sense and beyond, it was reminiscent of the Buddhas message, and so many others..... so I found my own interpretation of it.

Its not too far from the Judaeo christian sense of duty to community so as to preserve good grace under judgement but I substitute the judgement of God or that of theocracy issuing a separation from god, or punishment though distance from him, with eternal proximity to my spark.

I set only a conditional placement of self into states of being that help me grow to the end of maintaining that closeness to my source.

Its an expression of proprietary ownership of myself and my mind and soul, the surrender to the duty of design and purpose, and the affirmation of what that purpose must evolve into as I grow and better understand my nature and ultimately my completeness in God.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

No problem man, that was fun to think about. It took a couple times reading it to figure out what you are building. LOL

I added 2 links I found for new formulas of shotcrete that may make your life easier in the future. Light weight and hella strong, and with excellent flexural qualities....Get your boss to keep an eye on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'll try to stay positive. So you believe beings not of this planet have visited here, do you think more then one race has been here and that there are different groups within each race that has different opinions on how to interact with humans?

Do you think humans could have been created by beings genetically altering the humans that were already here.

How do you think foreseeing the future is possible, like when people had dreams, visions and premonitions of 911 or the titanic sinking, what exactly is happening there and how could someone possibly know what the future held if it didn't happen yet?

Do you think this skull is of an alien beings? m.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So I went on a trip recently a voyage to nowhere far in space. In any case I was met with myself as rainbow fractal spreadingness but then again that was actually me. I was very embarrassed at having a body at the same time. Sort of like a rotting meat wagon and a rainbow soul. It was embarrassing that I would have this form when I was also infinite.

I got over that in a way but it's something that has troubled me since 4 years old.

What do you think about that?

I was embarrassed at having a body. It was very garden of Eden.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What's your bank account id and password?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
originally posted by: DimensionalChange03

So you believe beings not of this planet have visited here, do you think more then one race has been here and that there are different groups within each race that has different opinions on how to interact with humans?

Yes, I think we have been host to guests not originally from earth. That is not to say that all strange guests are "alien".
It goes without saying that we have a multiplicity of ideas about how to deal with us. Imagine now a significantly larger, older, diversely motivated population of sentient beings who may be as varied as life on earth is.

Do you think humans could have been created by beings genetically altering the humans that were already here

I think Humans were partly created, or rather tweaked to be genetically compatible with a population of humanoid beings who after suffering a situation of diminishing genetic returns turned to us for their continued survival.

IMO after inbreeding due to cultural practices or so as to preserve their genetic identity in the face of a suddenly greatly reduced population, and after selective breeding programs were suddenly interrupted, they looked to us as a means of continuity. They were poised to peter off into oblivion. We may have been initially created from beasts of burden, and made into pseudo drones. Like what we want to do with robots....

The survivors of the collapsing civilization tried to rebuild their civilization, but seeing as how it was doomed, chose to prop us up as their next means of survival. Their more pure blood offsprings of these ancients not yet mixed with us, or who did not need to mix with us, changed the script.

Instead of preparing the new hybrid mankind (us) for the continuity of all that was instead betrayed their progenitors, took supremacy and then proceeded to in fight among themselves shortly after their usurpation of supreme earthly power and consequently drove the last nail into their worlds coffin.

There may have been a period of usury of mankind as a tribute culture like that which we suspect happened between the more robust neanderthal and the weaker sapiens.....thats why we sacrifice and offer things to the gods in cultural memory.

The survivors and later their offspring who rebelled performed a necessary evil by using us so as to gather the resources necessary for their worlds reboot, which never happened as the successive generations of the survivors just enjoyed the easy life they were afforded by overwhelming technological supremacy over the primitive human populations as well as the illusion of divinity through shows of power. We kept them fed and rich in raw materials.

The last ditch effort out of desperation was the seeding of human civilization but under much less developed criteria than the original survivors intended(Titans). Perhaps the break down of technology coupled with the loss of knowledge after times degradation and transmission as well as outright destruction through war left them with limited options.

How do you think foreseeing the future is possible, like when people had dreams, visions and premonitions of 911 or the titanic sinking, what exactly is happening there and how could someone possibly know what the future held if it didn't happen yet?

Time is not linear. Our perception of it is. If one can see the inner mechanizations of the mind and discover the root of all thought, in the deep mind, one can see thought free of form and time. Its like being present at the source of river as opposed to the delta where it runs into the ocean. You are still in the river, in the water, you just see it before it picks up the river bed, or after it deposits it at the delta.

Do you think this skull is of an alien beings?

Yes, that is a descendant, not fully mixed with our current version of humanity. They were probably a mother and a son running from the order of the day trying to preserve their genetic supremacy. Those they were hiding from could have been eliminating those who refused to mix with the generic genetic creations we are. OR, because they did without permission. We may have been a high tech and limited commodity. Only the VIPs got to preserve their legacy through us.

Maybe they were ousted by humans they taxed too much for tribute. Maybe their ride broke down while switching seasonal homes.

That is what we looked like early on. That is more close to the source of the genetic population we added to our own, or rather was added to us.

Its not even that far off from current variations of human skulls. My kids and I all have similar skull features. Not trying to seem cool, but I notice peoples skulls because of my weird looking head. There are LOTS of people who clearly have visible phenotype expressions of these cranial characteristics.

Just some thoughts. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I think flesh manifests itself due to resonance of energies we cant possibly understand in this state. Its not a mental or physical disposition that helps us understand this, its more of a dimensional point of reference that escapes our senses or even our possible dimensional intractability.

You need realize that there is no distinction between the meat bag and the soul expressed infinitely. You are but one point as you are, and what you saw is an infinite expression of points of possible yous.

You should know that flesh is like skin. Its like clothing, but more, its like scales, a snake skin.

You shed it but replace it, because we are like a snake in spirit eating its tail, going into one life and exiting another but always into OUR flesh, into ourselves. The scales /skin are shed, but while the snake is in them, they are not scales /skin, they ARE the snake.

What you saw could be like a seeing the tail you will consume as a snake of your continued existence before the scales formed onto the new snake you will become, since you have yet to shed the old skin, so the shame is not shame, but an understanding that the correct sequence of events as you have come to know them did not take place.

Your skin will shed, and the new skin will hold you, but it too will be shed. The only constant in the cycle is the eternal you within it all. The looping existence of infinite possible yous waiting to be expressed once again after the consumption, and to once again define the form by the snake within the skin.

The form is formless until you fill it. You saw the formless as a form /within the confines of a form. Thats all.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AsianStellar

PASS

You can hit me up for cash in person, I only demand fair and just compensation. What you got?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join