It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about anything

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: tadaman

My eyes get adventuresome on occasion. Sometimes to the point of seeing double. I find that vetoing one of their opinions by putting a hand over it helps.

You mean swiping from memory Wiley Coyote vs Roadrunner or
Sylvester vs Tweetie Bird or
Tom and Jerry or
Ranger Smith and Yogi Bear or
Boris Badinoff vs Dudley Do Right?
Innocent meanderings.

edit on 6-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For financial reasons were gonna be stuck using steel reinforced readymix shotcrete fr a bit still. Appreciate the recommendation though... And i know the guys below would as well lol

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Here is my question: Is Bill Hicks still alive in his adult male human body?

Please answer with a, b or c. If you answer with a, please send me a PM with further details. Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to me.

a.) Yes.
b.) No.
c.) I don't know.

(And please don't even mention Alex Jones, this pumpy little piece of truth-cancer.)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
Here is my question: Is Bill Hicks still alive in his adult male human body?

d. I wish he was.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Unified field theory will probably evolve. I think we are missing a key concept about the fundamental catalyst for all fields, waves, and particles....We are trying to link them together as we know them, as we see them HERE. Its like looking at the branches to find the tree....but the roots are hidden and are really the source of all the tree, branches and leaves we live on....

Perhaps, If we ever find an acorn on our branch one day, we can be there when it grows into a tree like our own...thus showing us how OUR tree was made....Maybe even PLANT it ourselves.

I saw a great video that I HIGHLY recommend.

I dont know if anything I can say can validate the Gods of the bible, or the God, but really even if nothing else, they are not all talking about the same one.

edit on 3 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

C.

I wish he was alive. Would buy the bastard a beer and light him up a cigarette.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

freaking snarl. A soul after my own.

Same.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Here is my source, I know I cheated....

Ah you are right. As per I didn't ask the question the right way.
I 'm so used to talking in my own trade I forgot to say COMMERCIAL door closer.
And you didn't cheat, you just went and found out. The same way I have to
once in awhile.

And there is a point to all this for our readers. If you have internet access t
hese days. The trades even high tech like the glass trade store front systems.
Are wide open with just a little know how. So good job and the other answer I'll
just give up. 2 and 3/8 inches from point of pivot to jamb.

SnF

edit on Ram30616v51201600000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ya' know......... there's something Quite Refreshing about your topic and answers..... in a sea of mediocrity, yours is a breath of fresh air/thought..

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Damn, dude, thank you. That was freaking uplifting.

You rock.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You make some interesting and perhaps valid points, but I must confess I can't stand it when someone says that 'good is relative/ evil is relative'. Let me clear this up for you: it's not relative.

Taking one simple example - a man kidnaps a little girl, holds her captive for two years, rapes her every day, and then murders her because she got too old to interest him. In no way is there anything 'relative' when assessing whether this constitutes evil. But the definition of 'evil' can be applied to any action carried out by a rational person or entity, who commits some form of assault on the sovereign right to life & liberty belonging to another.

The 'good/evil is relative' argument only works when you subscribe to some form of NAN (New Age Nonsense). I'm not saying that everything in the New Age movement is nonsense, but elements of hoopla have managed to lay down deep roots in our collective consciousness. The relativity argument is one such example. There are thousands of people who genuinely believe such codswallop, but a simple thought experiment disproves it.

Evil could perhaps be summed up as a violation of the sovereign right of each whole person, or living embodiment of nature, to exist without interference causing or enabling harm, or restriction of liberty, when such is enacted without due cause or provocation, or when it is delivered in measure or type beyond what is naturally commensurate if harm to another such person or entity is to be prevented.

The only other point I would partially disagree with you on, is the whole idea of our need to 'man up & fight alone', and not rely on magical beings to assist us. I would counter that yes, in a perfect (unbiased, fair) world, yes of course the burden of the need for resistance certainly is ours alone. However, we've not got a perfect world on our hands. The enemy we know, is one that 99% of the world's population isn't even aware of, let alone prepared to fight in order to secure our rights to sovereignty, liberty, and unfettered communal progress. I would tender that we are, in our collective power as the 1%, far too weak to initiate or sustain any form of useful resistance against the conspirators - whether they are human, Igigi, or whatever - we know they exist, and that the hierarchy is disciplined, patient, greed-driven and ruthless. I firmly believe that they are able to continue on the road to a fascist global state run by mega-conglomerates (in affiliation with puppet governance), unimpeded by the tiny minority that actually knows something's going down.

I believe that we will be assisted, at the tipping point.

As for the 'magical beings' part, I never suggested that they would be magical, but hey, if so then great, more power to bring down the cabal...

Regards, FITO.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I can still agree with you.

Evil and good are relative : To each person. The evil bastard you describe finds no evil in his actions, not in a meaningful measure. His "good" he defined to incorporate his appetites.

That is why I say it is relative. There is no ABSOLUTE rule to defining good and evil. We must do that alone within ourselves.

That doesnt mean that we cant AGREE and form laws and rules like we do to protect what we deem good and subvert that which we see as evil within a community of like minds.

Think of it this way. It was EVIL not too long ago to mix your race, betray your blood and marry another race. Now, that argument is pretty evil by what we have learned about racism, but the argument for it being good presented at the time seemed valid. Who wants to destroy the fabric of society?

That is what I mean. I have VERY clear ideas about good and evil, but thats just me. I cant hold the world to my ideals. I can only work to do as I see fit, following my OWN rules. My rules and societies may compliment each other, maybe not.

There is no absolute definition of good and evil, since there is no absolute definition of what humans are supposed to be.

ALSO,

The whole argument of "magic beings" is more of a tongue in cheek statement. I know we are in the minority, that is, rational people willing to lose allot for the good of all.

Hope though, its a castrating and diminishing mentality to any viable end to our collective misery. I know from my own life, when I WAITED for things to be fixed I only perpetuated the problem.

Its not until people lose HOPE and start to have FAITH in themselves to solve issues that things begin to change. Faith moves you to try, hope keeps you at bay.

another tongue in cheek statement.....The united federation of planets in star trek has the prime directive; do not interfere in the development of pre-warp civilizations. LOL

We have something similar in the real world. Even now there is a HUGE effort to protect undisturbed tribes living as they have for thousands of years all over the planet. Imagine if we went in, telling them everything they do sucks and must now do as we do....they would listen, because if we wanted to impose they would have no choice. That wouldnt mean that once they have guns and technology that their mentality would not lead them to use our progress in tribal warfare or worse.

You cant expect an observer to have our values, but you can expect him to have a high degree of caution when dealing with what is a war like species with almost no ambition to lift itself out of the mire of the current human condition.

Its not New age. Its actually ancient thinking. The problem is that for far too long in our culture we did not have a multiplicity of voices and ideas. We had dogma and law. That kept us from incorporating new ideas for too long. It also kept us from older ways of thought that were deemed a threat to dogma and theocratic law. As a result we now have a surge of everything kept from us for centuries suddenly flooding our consciousness and it makes little sense in this format and method of delivery. The gates are open though and the natural flow of ideas will be normalized eventually.

It seems like a flood and not a school of thought.

In any event thanks for your time. I hope you got something from this and that you enjoyed it.

Have a good one sir.
Hold it down.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What type of shoes do you wear and what color?

There, I asked something...lol

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I wear dress shoes with jeans. Sneakers with all else and I go barefoot when possible.

I like converses though they are uncomfortable. I LOVE doc martins and work boots.

I am a sock freak too. I actually REALLY like getting socks as gifts. LOL

Thanks for asking! Hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Will you accept this gift from me?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I am a sock freak too. I actually REALLY like getting socks as gifts. LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Who wrote the following verse

A. William Shakespeare
B. William Blake
C. Lord Tennison

A baby Sardine saw her first submarine
She was scared as she looked through the peep hole
Come come come said the Sardines Mum
"It's only a tin full of people"
edit on 6-3-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Oh, without google I would say....B

Just did a googly. Trick question you sly devil

It made me look up when the submarine was invented, I figured I got it wrong and it was an older invention...(practical metal sub with port holes)
Lol

Is Spike Milligan for all who wanted to know.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here is a good poem by Blake. Its funny and awesome.

A Poison Tree

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears:
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.

And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole.

When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see,
My foe outstretchd beneath the tree.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Leonardo Da Vinci ... invented the first submarine ...
The Beetles had a yellow one

That's the extent of my knowledge on submarines

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join