It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...these questions are posed to Skeptic Overlord...
1. When a member is banned the threads and posts are no longer viewable to ATS members...Do they still remain in the archives...or are they scrubbed from the servers...?
2. When a member's thread is 404'ed what happens to the thread...is it scrubbed from the servers as well...or is it accessible to staff and ownership...?
3. Member generated content is the ownership of the author even though the author shares exclusivity with ATS...what becomes of the authored content when a member is either banned or their thread is 404'ed...Does ATS retain copies of these...and does ATS still retain exclusivity even after an author no longer has access to their work on the site...?
4. If a member has no access to his authored content...and providing such was generated within ATS...such as this OP...(not using any third party processing such as pages or word etc.)...is the content available to the author even after either post or membership banning...?
Please inform me of the rules/laws pertaining to the above...
17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.
TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites.
originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...that is until you get to the part on exclusivity...which merely states that ATS...SHARES...an authors work...through the author relinquishing exclusive usage...therefore if an authors work is post banned...404'ed etc...what happens to the material and how does that affect the rights of the author...
Not a lawyer...just want to find out the facts...