It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Troops Exchange Fire With Gunmen in Northeastern Congo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not to mention....if the firefight was "won"...then they should have been able to go into the bushes and see if any enemy died. I saw nothing to this effect, so can only conclude that the gunfire stopped, and they were too prissy to actually go investigate, and instead, just drove on....

[Edited on 17-6-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Freddie said:

"So astute. Nah, the Africans aren't at all to blame for their constant tribal wars. The South Americans aren't at all to blame for their uprisings. The Asians aren't to blame for their atrocities. Pol Pot was a Jew? Mao? Come on, humans are brutal. Don't blame it on whites and Jews."

I was waiting for a response like this.

I never said that other races don't cause problems.

But why is it that the majority of the time; you can find a white or Jewish person or group who's usually affiliated with 'Illuminati'; behind the scenes instigating conflict?

If it's not behind the scene; its blatant.

Do you realize that almost every single country in Africa has been colonized by whites and was most likely given AIDS by them?

It seems obvious, when you look at history and what's going on now; that we(whites) have a more destructive nature than all other races.

ONE

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Got anything empirical or absolute to back up this 'theory of conspiracy' you have beyond mere postulation's?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Seekerof
you are #ing right man. the frwench will pull the white flag manuver and soon as you know it we have another black hawk down situation.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   

As I mentioned before....some French wine anyone?

I hate to be this way but their track record speaks for itself. Just imagine what they would have been like if they had not had Napolean.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
French wine......Now you're talking Seekerof.

The French troops were given orders to fire if fired upon.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"dont fire unless fired upon" so! they were given those orders when the germans invaded.and look what happened. in under 50 years that country has been nearly taken over in WWI and the completly taken over not even 30 years afterward. i would never trust a french soilder. never. they are also masters of defence
how about that mangino line? probally one of the biggest blunders in military history.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
and it is the europeans' fault. if they hadnt colonized that place there wouldnt be so much fighting. sure their would be tribal wars still but we wouldnt have to wake up every morning and hear about all the civil wars and stuff

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yep. How can anyone say that European colonization isn't a BIG factor in Africas civil wars? This goes WAY back.

Remember how they do it. Divide and Rule.

ONE

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Those who conquered, or those who fell for it? The other side to this is...there are several countries who are now no longer colonies, nor have any colonial presences, and yet still war with each other over who will rule which patch of dirt.....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Africa is a bloody mess.
But unless it becomes a direct threat to the West we are probably going to let the people of that continent kill each other for the forseeable future.

That is if some nasty disease doesn't get them first.

Politically and economically, the West is unable to do anything about the situation over there, except for making token gestures.

Africa has to wake up and start sorting itself out. Otherwise there will be nothing left when we do finally try to help it to it's feet.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the biggest problem with africa is the lack of wealth gathered from thier own natural resources to the common people.

they have the richest continent, but the most poverty.

hopefully we can make some strides to help them out.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
they're too busy fighting each other, to realize they are being robbed.....

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
this will eventually lead to another ill fated UN backed effort in which more american service men are killed. i say let the cowards...errr french handle there own #. if they wanted to actually win a fight for once they need to restructure their whole military from the ground up.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
French wine......Now you're talking Seekerof.

The French troops were given orders to fire if fired upon.

Cheers, mate.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And what are the french gonna do, just sit and duck while rounds come a wizzin by? because the chance someone might get killed? Even tho that someone is a murdering monster?

Wow. Murdering monster. No anti-colonial/imperialist outrage for the French today?! They're just protecting their interest.....................................

top topics

<< 1   >>

join